Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlejoTheBear

06-17-2010

for TT Lizard is 2:20 and dragon is 4:40

AidanTalnare

06-17-2010

Just bringing this into attention, but I've done Eve jungling ever since seeing the idea pop up, using this guide :

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=123163

I gotta say, it works very well, I'd probably put Tier 2-3 due to how squishy she is and reliant on certain factors (Getting Razors, strict build) but alongside Shaco, having Eve mia for a long time can scare the other team solely because of that fact. I'll probably do more testing and give a description if Gigmaster didn't want to do so.

[Edit: Also a note to anyone that's curious of the power, once I've hit lv6, and successfully ganked a lane, I've -ALWAYS- dropped the tower, with or without team support through Malice and Spite]

Nethervoid

06-17-2010

Evelyn - Tier 3
strength - None
weakness - Many
item start and build -Fail fail fail
jungle pattern -

Fixed

Tazildanda

06-18-2010

Awesome job Nico, thanks.

martyrAD

Recruiter

06-19-2010

i have no idea why, but i love jungling... and i dont know if im regretting my last champ unlock...

DirtyJenkins

06-20-2010

Is it possible to jungle effectively before summoner level 30?

Daegen

06-20-2010

Nico, here's my Shaco's Jungling routine if you wish to update that section: Blue Golem, Small Creep camp, Wraiths, Lizard, Small Creep Camp (From here, score a kill or port home because you will be low on health) Wraiths, Small Creep Camp, Golem.

=]]

ohgreatone32

06-20-2010

Quote:
DirtyJenkins:
Is it possible to jungle effectively before summoner level 30?

Yes. At least with WW it is.

Evangelion

Recruiter

06-20-2010

Shaco-

I don't use specific jungle runes, just regular Shaco ones. For my skills I pick exhaust and ignite. That way if I look at their champion selection and I don't see a jungler on their team, I can just jungle instead of trying to lane.

I wouldn't recommend Shaco trying to jungle if the other team already has one, because just about everyone can take Shaco in a 1v1 fight if they know what they're doing. Plus, they're going to have smite and jack your creeps if they get the chance. You're pretty safe until you clear your side of the jungle, and then it starts getting tricky. That's where I would stop if they have a jungler and you just absolutely need to jungle for whatever reason.

So to start:

Masteries:

Standard 21-0-9
You want the exhaust mastery and the ignite mastery. I'll explain why later. For the utility tree, just regeneration, exp, then utility mastery.

Runes:

I'm running a really random set up, attack speed for red, more attack speed for yellow, some random mp5/lvl in yellow, then some eclectic cooldown and AP/5 in blue. Armor Pen in Quintessences. The only important part is the attack speed and armor pen I think. The attack speed let's me get in around one more proc on Madred's Razor in, and then works well with attack speed builds.

Build:

Cloth Armor + HP Pots x 5 OR Longsword + HP Pot OR Elixir of Fortitude + HP Pots x 5

The longsword is better for ganking, not much but every bit matters early on. The elixir is not my personal preference because it doesn't build into anything, but if you have a Zilean on your team, then you can get the lizard buff first thing, level up, then hit mid lane or bot lane with a gank. If it works, you'll be fully in the clear, but it's a gamble.

Madred's Razor

Self explanatory for jungling. I'll talk about when to shop later on.

Boots of Speed
Vampiric Scepter

Allows you to take dragon. As soon as you have Madred's and Vampiric Scepter you can take dragon without any problems unless someone else shows up to jump you.

Once you have these 3 items, the jungle phase is probably over by now. From this point onwards, your role is pretty much

A. Keep the buffs.
B. Kill dragon.
C. Push towers.

So onto the actual guide...

Pick up your starting items, rush straight to the golem buff. Drop a jitb right on top of the golem buff, then run around to the other side so that nobody can sneak up on you. If you see anyone coming, just run. Not worth it. If you don't, then just wait there and drop your jitb on the same spot from over the wall. That way you can keep watch. When you're on the 4th or 5th one, run back over. As soon as the golem shows up, attack it then drop another jitb. With 6 of them and you attacking FROM THE BACK FOR THE EXTRA 25%, it should go down. Make sure you can do the placement right since I've heard that it doesn't work anymore for some people. I dunno so I'm not going to comment on that. Also, if you've tried it a few times and the golem doesn't go down before hitting you once or twice, drop ignite on it. You won't really need it for the first 2 minutes of the game unless something really weird happens.

Now go to the next camp. You should be at lvl 2, so level up E. If it's wolves drop a jitb right in the middle of them, run up to the middle on, and attack it directly from the front. The jitb will trigger, and they'll all attack it. Use the shiv when it's not facing you, then auto attack and spam your abilities on them.

If it's golems, wait until there's 2 seconds left on the cd for jitb, then attack one of them. Shiv it, then as soon as the cd for jitb comes off, drop it again. Abuse your abilities and kill them.

Then run to the wraiths. Drop a jitb right on top of the big wraith, then another somewhere else. Just make sure it's in range of all of them with the fear. Attack the big one, then shiv it and hopefully it dies. Then attack the one that your other jitb hurt. Shiv, attack, etc. They all die.

Go to the top small creep camp. Level up Q. Drop a jitb, then Q, attack the main threat, shiv, etc. They should die.

If top lane is looking weak, pop your hp pot. Go to the bush in the river, deceive out behind them, drop your jitb, attack them, use exhaust, THEN ignite, and only use shiv after you're chasing them and you can't catch them any other way. Iernno, this isn't a shaco guide. Go check one of those if you need help ganking.

Anyways, if it succeeds go and try to push the lane. If that pushing the lane fails, go back to base to buy your madred's. If you can't afford anything else, then just take that and get the other buffs. The golem should be back up, and the lizard is still there. Grab both of those, and try to gank again.

If the gank fails and you die, retreat back into the jungle and hide your shame. Then come back and farm for late game carry status.

Just farm in general until you hit 6 and you have the items listed above. Then go to dragon, keep dropping jitb behind it, and pop your clone. You'll need a few lucky procs for it to happen quickly, but the dragon shouldn't be able to kill your by itself at least. Watch out for any mias, because 1 stun can ruin your day quickly.

Well gl with jungling.

iaeuy

06-20-2010

Although I haven't tried it myself, I'm pretty sure Mundo is a viable jungler. Cleaver eats creeps alive and he has amazing early damage with masochism. With normal items he can solo dragon at level 6 with his ult. He also has good ganking potential with perma-slow cleavers and massive crits with masochism.