Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fps problem since Windows 7

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parouuu

07-26-2011

Hi everybody,

i recently changed my windows xp pro for a legal version of Windows 7 on the exactly same computer.
Since i play on Windows 7 (i downloaded the entire game from 0) my FPS are really really low, about ~50 when i had 120+ before.
All my drivers are the newest and i didn't change anything except my Windows version.

Can you help me please ?

PS: i haven't any problem playing WoW & Battlefield 2, only on LoL & a soccer game called Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

HuntsAlone

Wrenchman

07-26-2011

What are your computer specs?
Make sure you have directx, .netframework also

EndoWrath1

07-26-2011

I too have had problems with mine, when i first start playing LoL when i get home it runs usually 60fps average and then after a while it drops down to 25 and below, and often it gets to the point where it freezes for a second and then continues. not sure if its my laptop but i mean what does this game really require when i can play Black Op's well enough.Well anyway here is my DxDiag if u dont mind having a look.

parouuu

07-26-2011

Hello Pibjub, thanks for your answer !

Here is my dxdiag !

Someone has an idea ?

Falleng0d

07-26-2011

Not sure this is the issue but...I am a fairly experienced user and upgraded to Win7 about 5 months ago or so from WinXP. One of the first things I noticed in some games were slightly lower FPS than XP. This was not the main reason, but I did switch back to WinXP to maximize my fps. Win7 is cool but, there are a few issues with it. There is virtually no advantage to Win7 over XP since I use both on a daily basis.

Anyways, just wanted to note that I use XP on my gaming rig specifically because of FPS issues.

parouuu

07-26-2011

I feel the exactly same thing i don't want to restart my computer each time i want to play :'( someone knows something about this problem please ?

Thanks falleng0d for your answer

parouuu

07-27-2011

Bump, i still need some help please !

parouuu

parouuu

07-27-2011

Bump again !

parouuu

07-28-2011

Still having problems

KittenMitten

Recruiter

07-28-2011

Been having the same problem since a couple of patches ago. I used to be able to run LoL fine but now when the game starts I run at about 8-15 FPS and it only gets worse as the game progresses. However, other games such as H o N run fine. I've had to stop playing LoL for now, but I hope that the problem is fixed soon so that i can return to playing LoL as well.