Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think Riot should do with Garen?

Give Garen mana 18 22.22%
Give Garen some other resource 4 4.94%
Leave him as he is 53 65.43%
I'm neutral on this 9 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 81 .

Give Garen mana or an alternative resource!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siekierra

04-28-2010

Really, I can't find a reason for him not having mana. Why? He has nothing to replace it, unlike ninjas, Morde or even the heroes using hp for skills.

No AP ratios is just as original as giving Mundo almost no cooldowns.

I won't elaborate, because there's no need - the lack of mana should be somehow motivated! Now it isn't.

Lightyears

04-28-2010

He is based off of Katarina, who also has no resource.

Voidgolem

04-28-2010

Alright. Why give him mana, exactly?

Lightyears

04-28-2010

Seriously,

People need to educate themeselves on champions before they make threads about them.

Try reading Garen's story. A major part of the LoL lore is the war between Noxus and Demacia. Katarina is Noxus' forefront combatant and Garen is Demacia's. They both are soley cooldown based champions.

Ixsha

04-28-2010

6 garenerds -_- of course he needs mana what is that.. i don't even....

Lightyears

04-28-2010

Quote:
Ixsha:

Are you saying Katarina needs mana too?

Voidgolem

04-28-2010

Quote:
Ixsha:

I love your reasoning. Oh wait, you have none besides 'Of course'.

Xj6

04-28-2010

Played veigar today against that line-up :

Garen
Kat
Shen
Kennen
Mundo

Needless to say, I was ****ing angry. Why the hell I couldnt even take out 1 champ? New OP champs are OP.

Siekierra

04-28-2010

Katarina is Katarina. She's got a certain style which is adjusted to that. She's fast action and the low cooldowns + no mana force a certain play style. She's supposed to spam to get enough damage.

Garen is just like any other hero. A typical warrior/paladin, just without a cast heal. His cooldowns are longer than those of Kat's, especially at start. You'd play him pretty much the same way if you had mana - just buying different items and using spells a little less often.

Lightyears

04-28-2010

Quote:
Siekierra:
Katarina is Katarina. She's got a certain style which is adjusted to that. She's fast action and the low cooldowns + no mana force a certain play style. She's supposed to spam to get enough damage.

Garen is just like any other hero. A typical warrior/paladin, just without a cast heal. His cooldowns are longer than those of Kat's, especially at start. You'd play him pretty much the same way if you had mana - just buying different items and using spells a little less often.

Play both new Kat and Garen before you make suggestions/qqs. Garen was designed to be a fast-action, resource-free champion like Kat. And he is.