Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WuzzyFuzzy

07-26-2011

Quote:
Negoveioo:
no crit damage bonus,i just lost my whole crit damage rune page :/ it's useless now.

1: Get some crit chances and mix them in with your crit damage
2: Play ganplank using that setting
3: ????
4: Profit

Cirefy

07-26-2011

Theres just no reason to play him anymore since they took they whole "more and stronger crit" part out of the character. I can build IE on every AD carry to at least the same effect.

OcaBrah

07-26-2011

Im laughing at the people suggesting to build Trynd like a tanky DPS now. He was intended to be a CARRY not a TANKY DPS. This patch just nerfed him and demoted him to another generic Garen or Renekton instead of a never dying unstoppable late game hero.

This patch turned what where the two closest things to a hard carries in LoL to yet more generic tanky DPS.

kevin0524

07-26-2011

after playing tryn on this patch
i think tryn is horrible...
please get more change on him or let old one back

Genotoxic

07-26-2011

wow tryd sucks ik i thought he was annoying to play against but put him back hes digusting atm maybe if u have him the stats from before but made him synergise with his fury like now. when i saw this i thought tht they where just gonna change arund the hp to furry and give him some differnt things (which they did) but they straight out nerfed him too so ya fix it plz.

Fybus

07-26-2011

Quote:
z3rg3m3n:
Agree with most of what you said except....You said crit chance runes are garbage for tryn. Did you know that my runes are crit chance + movespeed quints? Just saying.

I should have said for my build at the very least, but the way i see it since you can reach 100% crit chance with 2 PD and an IE there isn't much need to rune for crit. i'm sure a lot of other players go more for higher crits with less attack speed and only run 1 PD but i prefer the extra attack speed since i'm lower ELo and can get away with 3 hitting the squishies with only 900 damage crits and outhealing the tanks or anyone else running thornmail with 2-3 BT's whether they are farmed or not.

Also i play strictly for endgame since my crit's never seem to happen against enemy champs if it's below 90% crit chance, and i'm terrible at getting last hits because of it (i crit when i don't want it but can't when i need it untill i've got my PD's and IE) last time i ran a full crit page and had 40+% crit chance at level 1. i crit, no joke, 3 times the entire game, though it only lastest about 28 minutes. this also includes crits on minions and nuetral monsters.

As you can see my luck\skill makes me a little biased. if you don't believe me your welcome to play a game sometime and watch my kills get stolen by vlads and rammus' from accross the map (and without them ever touching the enemy champ at that)

ZeroKuno

07-26-2011

Quote:
z3rg3m3n:
1) You forgot that BLOODLUST is now 12 seconds at ALL levels as opposed to 12/11/10/9/8

2) Crit damage got taken away. It's a plain and simple nerf. And unfortunately, I can't "rune for it" since I need my runes for other things. It's just a nerf though. Why do it at all?
BECAUSE IT DOES TOO MUCH ****ING DAMAGE AGAINST PEOPLE WHO AREN"T ****ING LEVEL 30 YOU DUMB****.

3) Your bonus damage only comes when you're low HP now, making your crits at high health do SIGNIFICANLTY less damage. This is extremely important in laning phase.
DUMB**** SELFISH ***** I KNOW YOU CAN"T PUBSTOMP ANYMORE WITH TRYNDAMERE

4) Generating rage on every hit is a MINOR, MINOR buff to tryn at high ELO since he doesn't want to push his lane and if he's going to harass his opponent, he should already be at full bloodlust / rage.

I'd pick it apart further, but I think I made my point. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Your point is that you can't pubstomp in low ELO anymore and that you can't go brag about how pro your tryndamere is just like that ****** saying how this patch is going to buff tryndamere when it's a strict nerf to his laning phase early game.

I ****ing hate being critted for 200+ dmg for no reason at level one maybe to you that seems totally balanced

Fybus

07-26-2011

Quote:
NiRRR:
but HE DOES know more because of his elo... wouldnt you take advice from warren buffet on stocks?

No because warren buffet never field tests his theories after the stocks change. he buys or sells before they go up/down

Fybus

07-26-2011

Quote:
Irugard:
so bascially when you see the other team choose tryn, you stack a few exhausts on your team? That is what i assumed, thanks for clarifying

1 or 2 exhausts is a good idea but make sure you have an ignite in there as well to ensure his demise.

Proballs

07-26-2011

earlier I said I would probably still main him...chances are I lied. I have played a few games all in which his play just feels weak, and even if he can be given some magical new AP hybrid tanky build that just ruins the purpose of Tryn. He no longer feels like the carry he was, and I'm not dissing riot, I see what they were trying to do, i just feel like it was implemented poorly so that the general feel for Tryn was completely lost. Tryn is a carry, a plain and simple high damage mobile carry that goes in and kills and gets out if he can...now he feels like some puppy that has to play cautiously around the big dogs until he becomes playable as some freaky tanky hybrid dps rather then his true massive damage cc instantly killable self.