2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Creepington

07-25-2011

Hey guys, they pointed out why the bloodlust crit damage would be removed already.

pay attention idiots.

They said his early game was either **** on the entire enemy team, or fail hard.

What's the point of having that extra crit damage if you can't crit?

Instead, he gets more crit passively, LETTING him crit more often.

'sides, his build might actually allow some survival items early now with that extra crit chance

BTSxMaverick

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
You underestimate the power of +35% crit chance at full health and free Spinning Slash + Mocking Shout. And healing with zero Fury.

Seriously. Try before you whine.

Tryndamere no longer has crit damage as a stat. Forget his old passive and old Q. Now read the patch notes for the passive and Q.
gj fixing what isn't broken while there are many champions that are more deserving of being looked at.

MortalBeing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepington View Post
Hey guys, they pointed out why the bloodlust crit damage would be removed already.

pay attention idiots.

They said his early game was either **** on the entire enemy team, or fail hard.

What's the point of having that extra crit damage if you can't crit?

Instead, he gets more crit passively, LETTING him crit more often.

'sides, his build might actually allow some survival items now with that extra crit chance
Meh. I don't feel like pissing all over this argument.

I am just too sad now.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpork View Post
Release notes didn't mention this, so i'm not sure but is the other part of bloodlust passive gone?
For each stack he has, he receives 5 attack damage and increased critical strike damage..

the increased critical strike damage, did that get removed? that'd be a pretty big nerf wouldn't it?
Critical Strike damage is gone. The 25 attack damage at level one with 8 stacks of bloodlust is gone. He now passively gains attack damage scaling with his health to +60 when he's near death which really isn't much compared to +36% critical strike damage and +25 attack damage regardless of health.

Bohinta

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
Currently a Tryndamere with a proper rune page and decent starting item has anywhere between 34% and 42% crit chance. This means at 70% to 80% HP he has about 50% critical strike chance meaning he strikes critical hits consistently against other champions. Doesn't have to build anything up. He just goes to town.
And you don't find anything problematic with that?

For a champion that's supposed to specialize in the late-game, Tryndamere's early game could be really dumb with the right runes. I welcome these changes; should make him more consistent.

Malak al Maut

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortzart View Post
i have the weirdest b0ner right now, good to see this here.

new trynd sounds stronger then ever.. high crit % with FULL HP? mass life steal and attack speed please
He gained a passive 10% at full HP. He started with 34% with a crit runepage and the crit mastery. He already had the high crit chance at full HP. His damage was higher too. Why is this hard to see for what it is?

emasheqt

07-25-2011

Quote:
You underestimate the power of +35% crit chance at full health and free Spinning Slash + Mocking Shout. And healing with zero Fury.

Tryndamere no longer has crit damage as a stat. Forget his old passive and old Q. Now read the patch notes for the passive and Q.
I mean, spinning slash and mocking shout were basically free before, so...

Healing with 0 fury will be negligible btw, and it will decimate his crit chance if he decides to use it.

Malak al Maut

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohinta View Post
And you don't find anything problematic with that?

For a champion that's supposed to specialize in the late-game, Tryndamere's early game could be really dumb with the right runes. I welcome these changes; should make him more consistent.
Yeah there was a serious problem but they shouldn't pretend they buffed Tryndamere. They didn't. "We remade him and nerfed him." I'm okay with that for the sake of the game's health at low and mid elo blind pick where he just ****s on disorganized teams but trying to pass it as a buff? No. They need to **** right off with that ****. More consistent at what? More consistent how? Is consistent the new buzzword they chose for this remake?

Littlebirdsd

07-25-2011

I think what is "ridiculous" is people calling reworks buffs or nerfs just based on reading some stats. It is all dependent on how it works out. I think it would be more profitable to wait until the patch is out and Tryndamere has been but through his paces before anyone immediately calls out Phreak and Morello for "nerfing" a champion they like. If champion balance and game design was easy, everyone would do it, and I commend riot for putting a lot of effort into it and dealing with a player-base that can be less-than reasonable at times.

Centishade

07-25-2011

Quote:

I've bought full crit damage runes just for that fact. Love changing random **** to screw over runes.