2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sirlala

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

u forgot 20% bigger so targeted more easily

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

don't forget they removed the crit damage from his q (i think)

Malak al Maut

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohinta View Post
I'd probably try it before crying.
No, OP is pretty **** spot on. If you play Tryndamere and read those notes it's pretty much like getting cock-slapped.

Vitate

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPHeimerdingerOP View Post
Annie was nerfed, patch is no longer horrible

OmegaB

07-25-2011

Lol @ riot balance

PrimalHatred

07-25-2011

I hate to say it, because I was so excited for the remake, but it seems like the OP is right. The health costs disappearing have nothing on this disaster.

PeeBrainz

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
I'm z3rg3m3n and I main tryndamere at 2k ELO. These patch notes are an outrage.

So let me get this straight, RIOT. You said you wanted to buff tryn at high ELO and not have his laning phase be binary. So you do this by...

1) Nerfing his heal. His heal starts out at 30 as usual, but now only scales up to 300 instead of 400.

2) Increasing his bloodlust and spinning slash cooldowns by 4 seconds each.

3) Nerfing his passive - he now gets UP TO 35% crit based on RAGE instead of 50% crit based on HEALTH.

4) Nerfing his bloodlust further by swapping the attack damage buff to HEALTH instead of RAGE. This means that now tryn is even MORE useless at high health since he can't even generate the extra damage he normally could from stacking bloodlust stacks. Now he has to depend on being vulnerable and low health for his damage output.

5) Increasing the amount he has to autoattack in order to get full rage (before, it would take 7 crits or 7 killing blows to get to full bloodlust stacks. Now, it takes 10 crits or 10 killing blows) Sure, he can get 5 rage from non-critting autoattacks, but that's USELESS for a laning tryndamere since at high ELO you don't want to autoattack unless it's a last hit and you don't want to push your lane.

6) Nerfed spinning slash damage early game by changing it to physical damage from magic damage AND Nerfing its base damage except from level 1 spin. AND it now scales from BONUS AD instead of TOTAL AD.

You're correct RIOT, you've made tryn's earlygame non-binary. Now he's sure to lose his lane every game at high ELO.

I concede that you threw in NEGLIGIBLE buffs such as removing health cost from spin and mocking shout and increasing spinning slash's scaling to 1 from .5 But this in no way can ever make up for the massive nerfs I've detailed. You have effectively made tryn non-viable at high ELO. Please change him back or buff him. This is ridiculous.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled 2k ELO Tryn.
Meh I watched your game with Grackis, you fed top. Nothing to see here folks.

SlushieGuy

07-25-2011

Trynd could 5 hit a tank at level 1

Eliroo

07-25-2011

Quote:
I'm z3rg3m3n and I main tryndamere at 2k ELO. These patch notes are an outrage.

So let me get this straight, RIOT. You said you wanted to buff tryn at high ELO and not have his laning phase be binary. So you do this by...

1) Nerfing his heal. His heal starts out at 30 as usual, but now only scales up to 300 instead of 400.

2) Increasing his bloodlust and spinning slash cooldowns by 4 seconds each.

3) Nerfing his passive - he now gets UP TO 35% crit based on RAGE instead of 50% crit based on HEALTH.

4) Nerfing his bloodlust further by swapping the attack damage buff to HEALTH instead of RAGE. This means that now tryn is even MORE useless at high health since he can't even generate the extra damage he normally could from stacking bloodlust stacks. Now he has to depend on being vulnerable and low health for his damage output.

5) Increasing the amount he has to autoattack in order to get full rage (before, it would take 7 crits or 7 killing blows to get to full bloodlust stacks. Now, it takes 10 crits or 10 killing blows) Sure, he can get 5 rage from non-critting autoattacks, but that's USELESS for a laning tryndamere since at high ELO you don't want to autoattack unless it's a last hit and you don't want to push your lane.

6) Nerfed spinning slash damage early game by changing it to physical damage from magic damage AND Nerfing its base damage except from level 1 spin. AND it now scales from BONUS AD instead of TOTAL AD.

You're correct RIOT, you've made tryn's earlygame non-binary. Now he's sure to lose his lane every game at high ELO.

I concede that you threw in NEGLIGIBLE buffs such as removing health cost from spin and mocking shout and increasing spinning slash's scaling to 1 from .5 But this in no way can ever make up for the massive nerfs I've detailed. You have effectively made tryn non-viable at high ELO. Please change him back or buff him. This is ridiculous.

Sincerely,

It hasn't even came out yet, I don't think really anyone can perceive what these changes will be, maybe new trynd builds come out? Who knows, I'd like to see what happens. I think they are trying to rebalance him rather than nerf him and you are just taking it the wrong way, like OMG WTF NO MOAR HUGE CRIT EARLY LVL WUT DIS. We will have to see though. I'd like to see riot giving him a bit higher base armor/health/mr tho to offset these subtle nerfs.

MortalBeing

07-25-2011

Quote:
SNIP

Sincerely,

I'm just happy to know there is a 2k ELO tryn main. Do you stream?

These nerfs really are insane. I don't understand how they can justify this after him not being considered a viable pick for so long.

Also, they may/may not have removed his 36% crit damage increase from bloodlust at rank 5