2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-26-2011

2 Questions left unanswered for me:

1 - Fury gains so its 5 hit, 10 crit, and 10 last hit, would that make it 15-20 per last hit?
If so, it'll take 5-7 last hits to get 100 fury.
It took 4-7 last hits to get 8 stacks.

2 - Spinning Slash lost its passive too? (Passive: Spinning Slash's cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds whenever Tryndamere critically strikes.)

3 - AD based on how "wounded" he is will be completely based off HP? So @ 1 hp you will get 20-60 based on how many points into bloodlust, or what is their definition of wounded. Compared to Nocturne's 2 steroids (15-55AD & 20-80%AS) this is pretty pathetic.

Tryndamere used to be able to get 40 AD & 12%crit dmg @ bloodlust rank 1 with 8 stacks. Crit Dmg & heal amount only ones to scale off ranks.

Unrelenting Fury

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

I main Tryndamere also, and oh my god... this patch makes me never want to play this game ever again.

SN Fate

07-26-2011

Now bloodlust healing is basically useless because fury = crit chance and lower hp = more ad bonus. bloodlust healing also got nerfed to the ground with 4 sec increased CD. healing for free with a maxed bloodlust is like what 5% of your total hp at lv.9? And only once every 12 seconds. why would anyone want to use it with no fury?

GoE Don Broleone

07-26-2011

The changes were done, deal with it.

I have to say that i'm pretty excited to try it the new Trynd, he'll be more consistent throughout the whole game and less late game dependent to be successful.

And by the look of it, since his critical damage Q counterpart was removed, i'd say it's a neat time to build some critical damage rune wise since his base critical chance will be higher?

Kinroko

07-26-2011

Stupid Riot employees, they're probably all ragers who just can't handle playing against Tryndamere in lane so they're going to considerably nerf him for their own amusement. Lame.

OP is spot on, either keep my Tryndamere the way he was or just delete him from the game, cause he'll be useless in this new patch. But why would Phreak say anything about this game? Here's why:

And it's funny, y'know, cause if you ever watch Phreak talk, you get the sense that he's really just a PR face and not actually involved with the game whatsoever. Consider the facts that he can't pronounce Woo Kong, talks incredibly fast and blunders every other word, and actually TOLERATES TALKING TO A 15 YEAR OLD ABOUT ANYTHING. Who the heck is that skinny idiot who always co-hosts with you? Seriously, replace that ****.

So really, all Phreak's reply did was to instill a sense of "OMFG LOL WE R NOT IGNORING U, WTF U TALKIN' BOUT NUB? SILLY DUNDER PATE."

Now, back to Tryn. WHY in the hell do you feel changes are necessary? Are you scared that if you don't streamline the game play mechanics into THIS that new players won't be able to grasp the concepts put forth originally?

-->MANA BASED
-->HP BASE
-->FURY BASED (INSERT GENERIC VIKING CHARACTER)
-->COOLDOWN BASED

LoL and DotA were based upon imagination and innovation in the fields of thought and tactics in strategy based action games. Don't take away our right to play people that don't fall into preset categories just because it's "ZOMG SO H4RD TO PLAI QQ RAGEQUIT". If you don't have the paitence to learn what everyone does and how the character works, you deserve to die to them.

So, considering that Tryndamere is now going to be fury based, shouldn't OLAF be fury based as well? Olaf is a berzerker, a true, balls to the walls viking (even though you got the horns wrong, since real vikings didn't have horns on their helmets, those were just drinking cups buried next to the helmet), he should most defenitely be based off of fury as well. So following this train of logic, anyone who exemplifies hatred or rage or anything relating to fury should be based off of Fury, includes Brand, Urgot, Morgana, Fiddlesticks, Karthus, Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Miss Fortune (revenge), Nocturne, Pantheon, Shaco, Sion, Vladimir, and Warwick.

If you want to innovate, think of ways to improve upon what you already have, not simply change it because it's easier. The old saying "Don't fix what ain't broken" applies here very well.

mokato

07-26-2011

GG Riot GFG

0Splicer0

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlushieGuy View Post
Trynd could 3 hit a tank at level 1
Fix'd.

Btw, the ignite strategy was useless against a good tryndamere, because he could still heal 200 from 1 and ignite only deals 314 at lvl 18, so wait a couple of senconds and heal.

mokato

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
You underestimate the power of +35% crit chance at full health and free Spinning Slash + Mocking Shout. And healing with zero Fury.

Seriously. Try before you whine.

Tryndamere no longer has crit damage as a stat. Forget his old passive and old Q. Now read the patch notes for the passive and Q.
Do you even run the numbers hreaK? this a a flat NERF not a BUFF this is exatly why need need a Ptr to stop ******ed decisions like this go through.

Your like but now he can have 35% crit at full hp! only if he has a full fury bar, good luck laning against anyone phreak.

Oh right u want him as a jungler obviously

So im guessing he starts with 0 crit and will have to use attack speed runes to even have a chance of finishing the jungle now.

So Preak please enlighten us to how you buffed Tyrn for higer elo in any respect, even in lower elo.

TacoMental

07-26-2011

Guinsoo & Phreak how many games have you played as tryndemere in the recent past? You guys can theory craft as much as you want but this is a clear nerf.
And regarding Guinsoo's Goal of making him more viable at high level of play...you've not done that. His counter's are ignite and early game lane harass. The heal nerf hurt both aspects the fact that using his heal hurts his crit chance makes it a bigger slope to climb when gaining the ability to heal. Trynd was in a decent place now he is useless.

Mr Mundo CEO

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortox View Post
h4ckerv2 would like a word with you junior.
One person playing a crappy champ doesn't make it viable.

I'd wager he'd be at an even higher Elo if he had mastered, say, Jarvan instead.