What do you think should be the main focus of Soraka art changes?

She should look less human 959 21.33%
She should look more human 1,711 38.06%
Improved Spell effects 679 15.10%
Improved Animations 895 19.91%
She's fine the way she is 173 3.85%
Other (please specify in reply to this thread) 79 1.76%
Voters: 4496. You may not vote on this poll

Soraka Art Rework!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Style: Fine, defensive support is good atm.

Animations: Fail, fail, fail, you can't do anything with a auto-attack animation that takes 1 second to go through.

Spell effects: Needs new animation.

Other: Remake model. Make look human.

Kaio Fernandes

07-25-2011

Style: As her lore she was Immortal and cursed warwick in exchange for her immortality, once she's no longer immortal she should look more like a human.

Animations: Her AA animation is bad, it should launch stars. Her ult should actually have any animation, like a pillar of light, so enemies could actually see when you already got healed.

Spell effects: Infuse shoudn't be castable on minions.

Other: Dont make she look so smaller than any other champ that looks weird like the actuall pentakill sona.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Honestly, the idea of a less human Soraka is kind of interesting.

I wouldn't mind her becoming more animal/monster looking.

Also, please redo TF's model while you're at it.

WhiteOmni

07-25-2011

I think soraka's main model look is just fine, though there could be some proportion fixes. AND MAYBE FIX HER HAIR
MY ****ING GOD HER HAIR IS LIKE.. ALIVE
DO YOU SEE HOW MUCH HAIR IS IN THAT BRAID?
MORE HAIR THAN IS ON HER HEAD
i feel like there is a gigantic floating caterpillar following me around
Her spells should have some improved looks, especially her infuse and ultimate.
Her infuse should NOT be able to target ally creeps, her heal should, though.
It would be nice if her ultimate had the defense stats on her targets like her normal heal does, though i dont know if that would be too much to ask for.
She really needs a new dance, too.
Other than that, I really like her already

Kyouri

07-25-2011

Don't take my banana's away!

But, that being said: Really there are a lot of things to do. Soraka makes up probably well over half of my 1200 or so games played. I love the divine skin a lot, but in general her visuals are rather lacking. I've had a lot of situations crop up where my allies accuse me of not healing or using any of my abilities. I would really like it if there were a more noticeable visual effect. Especially on her W and R.

Also, I doubt you'll be changing skins much, but if you do could you make the Divine skin not clearly have hooves still under the dress? That would make me soooo happy.

Ardoss

07-25-2011

Style: Based on her Lore, Soraka went several steps down the 'evolutionary chain'. So, being 'trans-human', I would probably see her as more human and less cosmic tattoos. also, I dont get where the horseshoes came from, at all.
As a StarChild, and the curser of Warwick, I don't think she would be holding a banana-like scythe, but more nothing. She's connected to the stars, in a sense, emotionally and metaphysically connected.
tl;dr - Make her moer human.

Animation: I think soraka's skills are alright, although it can do more of an effect if possible; she's known to be a powerful supporter.
For her animations, I think it would be best to make the buffs add some cosmic shine on it, i.e. the Q skills can allow the user to glow a bit or even emit star-particles.

Spell Effects:Spells effects seems fine, however I think Infuse can use a little of a boost, for example, AoE mana rege dpeneidng on the amount of Champions inside/silence, decreasing seconds with the amount of champions inside as well.
The global heal could also give a temporary armor boost to be more of an 'ultimate threat'.

GildedFox

Recruiter

07-25-2011

The biggest thing I've noticed with her is the lack of visual feedback on any of her abilities. There's a small particle effect, yes, but it's really hard to see in the heat of things, and both as an ally and as an enemy this can be annoying. This is particularly important on her ult, as sometimes it's not immediately obvious that she used it.

Vitan

07-25-2011

Animations: It seems like she should be more like a dancer when she moves, and less like a veigar (waddling around). Maybe change the way she moves to make it seem more like she's some fairy-esque beast.

Spell effects: Her heal could do with some more glow, or some kind of display that makes it clear that her target has been healed (and has the armor buff).

Meeba

Recruiter

07-25-2011

Animations: I think Soraka definitely needs some tweaks to her animations. Starcall, in particular, is weird: the damage is applied too late in the animation compared to when the projectile falls on somebody. This should be particularly obvious if you last hit minions with the spell. I'm also torn about giving her the ability to cast spells while moving--it would certainly make things easier for her and would make Starcall easier to use, but I think the difficulty in using a heal safely while running away makes for interesting gameplay.

One thing I'd be careful about tweaking too much is her auto-attack. While the timing to release the projectile is odd, its slow travel time gives it a unique, useful property in the early game. (Since minions and turrets don't retaliate until they take damage, the extra buffer lets Soraka back out of their range.)

Style: As far as the model goes, I would focus on making the hair look good, and possibly giving her the dress featured in the Chinese splash art. She's supposed to look unearthly, but the blue skin, glowing eyes, and unicorn horn accomplish that well enough.

turntechCorgi

07-25-2011

First of all, thank you for taking a look at Soraka. She is my favorite champ and she seems to get no love. I'm glad you guys are looking into making her more awesome so more people well play her. I always have the most fun with her.

Style: The thing that annoys me most about Soraka is the fur on her legs. It looks really poorly done and like someone brushed her the wrong way for a few hours. Fur just doesn't stick out like that naturally. It should be smooth looking with slight detailing to make it look like fur, maybe with a few bits sticking up on the joints and such where the fur would be pulled apart a bit by taut flesh. I know the whole 'big foot' thing is typical of the Riot style, but I'd love to see her have dainty doe feet like many unicorns are drawn with.

Honestly, I love Soraka's hair, but it could use a bit more definition and detailing.

I'm curious to see how 'less-human' she could look. While I like that idea to go with her backstory, I also still don't want her to look monstrous like Warwick. She may be cursed, but unicorns are usually beautiful animals. I wouldn't have much of an issue with a full-on anthro unicorn Soraka, but if that's the case, perhaps a lighter, almost periwinkle blue would be good for the fur (unless you go with full white like on her legs) and then with the gold runes/markings. White+Gold is a really gorgeous (and classy!) combo.

Animations: I kinda like her dance. It always seemed whimsical and cute to me.

I also kinda like her walking animation because she seems like she wouldn't be too graceful with her legs. On the other hand, unicorns are SUPPOSED to be super graceful. So definitely either pick whether you want her to be more unicorn, or more derpmonster.

Spell effects: I think a lot of people have already addressed this but her attack animations could use a bit of work. It'd really help if her ult was way more noticeable. Heck, the only spell I can usually see her cast is Starcall and maybe her heal when the swirly green aura is around them. I think she has a real advantage because players don't know when she's popping her heal and it's hard to counter against. I kinda like Starcall's animation to be honest, though. I think sparkling green stars (kinda like on Garen) would be better for her heal, and maybe a burst of blue stars when she uses Infuse. I think it'd be ultra cool if when she used her ult, it just spammed the map with gold-white shooting stars. But that might overload some people so I dunno :|

Other: I know some people have said it but I wish Starcall had a bigger range. It's hard to stack when you're constantly dying because you have to get within melee-range to actually hit a champ. I dunno... I'm not that good at the game so maybe I'm just terrible XD