The new katarina

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Just played a game with Cleanse + Exhaust.

Worked rather nice.

Ganciel Dren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi5 View Post
what runes do you pick for katharina?

at the moment i got

red: magic penetration
yellow: life/level
blue: cooldown
cool down glyphs are redundant considering her passive . i personally go with more MrP .

CyberMonkey

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVi View Post
What's the point of Armor pen??? Seriouslly
My mass armor pen is because I have always found that armor pen is more devastating than pure damage. I also don't have Magic pen runes (I would have gotten sorcerer's shoes if there hadn't been so many dps on the other team). I did find that the armor pen runes helped a lot in the laning phase as they allowed me to actually do some decent damage with my normal attacks. I got cleaver and (would have) got last whisper so that my trinity proc would do max damage. Shumpo+crit ftw.

@Ganceil Dren: cooldown redux is good for Kat because it allows you to spam your normal moves faster. Relying on the passive to reset your cooldown is unreliable, because you need an assist or kill to do so.

Zodbones

04-28-2010

her spin still wins fights hitting for 1k to everyone around her
there's been reports of her bouncing blade hitting for 400-600
I've been shunpo'd for 400 for sure
blech

Eekon

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I like the change to 35% damage redux because now it includes magical damage. Makes Katarina much better against casters. I just tried her in a game. Here is my build:

regen bead+4 potions
Randuin's Omen
Ninja tabi
Brutalizer-->Ghostblade
Black Cleaver
Trinity Force
(Last Whisper)--didn't make it to this one

Right now, I have seven marks of armor penetration. For masteries, I have the magic penetration skill in attack, and the rest into defense. All I have to say is that W+shumpo into randuin's omen+ult is extremely powerful. I survived in the center of a team of 5 because of W and omen. Also, with or without lizard, Katarina can be one heck of a chaser, especially with the black cleaver (both omen and trinity have on hit slows). I was playing against a dps team tho, so I'm guessing I would get pummeled against casters.
worst build for any character, ever. wow. are you serious?

peyo

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodbones View Post
her spin still wins fights hitting for 1k to everyone around her
there's been reports of her bouncing blade hitting for 400-600
I've been shunpo'd for 400 for sure
blech
I've done 450 with BB before tha patch
And DL was 2,5k in 3 targets

I run:
Marks - Magic Pen
Seal - HP/lvl (flat HP sucks, dodge ain't that good as you don't stack it)
Glyphs - CDR
Quints - Magic Pen

9/21/0 for Masteries

Exhaust + Ignite for Summoner's Spells (CC + faster kill = rape)

a bit hybrid build - SotO and 2x BT (or 1x BT and IE) are the only damage items, the other 3 is Sorc boots, Rylai and Void/HG

CyberMonkey

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eekon View Post
worst build for any character, ever. wow. are you serious?
Explain plz.

And how come nobody is running Randuin's Omen in their builds? The active is a must for Katarina so that she can get kills with her ult easily. The attack speed decrease also helps keep her alive while in a teamfight.

VulgarBlasphemy

04-29-2010

What about runes for katarina now? After this last patch I believe that katarina got nerfed when she uses killer instincts + shunpo. What I want to know is do you guys think that dodge runes for seals and 21/9/0 mastery build still effective for Katarina?

peyo

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Explain plz.

And how come nobody is running Randuin's Omen in their builds? The active is a must for Katarina so that she can get kills with her ult easily. The attack speed decrease also helps keep her alive while in a teamfight.
Katarina is a skill based char (thx to Voracity) if you want a meele DPS, get Jax. Stacking Armor Pen items is completely useless for her, as her spells are all magic damage.

are u kiddin me with Randuin? You're NOT a tank OMG o_O

@Vulgar, I'll still run 9/21/0
Here's what I have right now: http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8720/mastn.png
and when the patch comes, I'll put that 1 point from Nimbleness to Magic Res

Meta

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganciel Dren View Post
cool down glyphs are redundant considering her passive . i personally go with more MrP .
FALSE.

Her passive actually gets exponentially better with cooldown reduction, since it's a static reduction.

Example:

Death Lotus is a 60-second cooldown. Supposing you were able to hit the CDR cap (40%), it would be brought down to a 36-second cooldown.

This means that without any CDR, you'd have to kill 3 people and wait 15 seconds, or kill 4 people in order to get your cooldown back up. With CDR you'd only have to kill 2 people and wait 6 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
dodge ain't that good as you don't stack it
FALSE.

Dodge has diminishing returns, so it's actually a great way to get a little dodge on your champ since you probably won't buy any dodge items. It's especially good since you get the 9-point Defense talent pretty much regardless of what build you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
hybrid build - SotO and 2x BT (or 1x BT and IE) are the only damage items, the other 3 is Sorc boots, Rylai and Void/HG
Why on earth would you go a Hybrid build on Kat? Her ult scales with Ability power OR Attack damage, not both.

Now, I could see grabbing the Void Staff if the opposing team is stacking too much MR, but even then that's a lot of gold to drop on one item that's only marginally useful.

The Rylai's is even more expensive, and the stats are even more marginal. You'd be better off getting a Phage/Frozen Mallet if you really need the survivability.

Yes, I realize having the Rylai's proc on her abilities is awesome. Still, if you want to go Rylai's that badly, just go with an AP build.

1234567 ... 8