The new katarina

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffy1

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVi View Post
AD Summoner Spells: Exhaust + Cleanse (This is a life saver most of the time, won't prevent your ult from being interrupted but you can chase just fine to use ghost and i feel just fine with shumpo to get away from nasty situations)

AP Summoner Spells: Exhaust + Rally. Why rally here instead of AD, well rally gives you base atack damage that doesn't work with your ult on AD, but on AP (with improved exhaust you get +20 - 70 AP that works with your ult just fine)
just curious why AD kat needs cleanse and not AP who relies on shumpo to do any damage rather than the ranged BB. i personally use ghost+ exhaust on both.

Meta

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
just curious why AD kat needs cleanse and not AP who relies on shumpo to do any damage rather than the ranged BB. i personally use ghost+ exhaust on both.
I would assume it's because an AP kat would be leveling Shunpo first, so the cooldown will be lower and she'd therefore have increased escapability.

However, I don't quite understand his point about Rally. If anything, I'd prefer to take Rally with an AD build. The reasoning for this is because in order for Rally to work with AP, you need the improved talent. Personally, I go 9/21/0 when I play AP Kat, since most of the offense talents would be worthless to her.

WasabiCannon

04-28-2010

I will still dodge Katarinas.
The changes make building her as a tank better but who really wants a katarina tanking?

Opaqus

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjor View Post
The changes make building her as a tank better
Stopped reading there.

Venarial

04-28-2010

i have and will continue to play kat as long as i play, even through the nerfs. Im also very eager to try her with the new changes and a couple builds in mind. I also love AD kat because people under estimate her normal melee attack end game with life steal and dodge haha with an IE you can crit often for 600 health and for spells i always take cleanse and exhaust.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
You do have a point, but I feel havoc is just too good to skip. 9/21/0 Is a great choice too.

Enzeru

04-28-2010

It seems that Death lotus is bugged ATM so....I did some amazing game and some worthless one...

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Kat's survivability was rebalanced. Before with Ninja Tabi boots + KI'd shunpo you could get close to 90% dodge, it's been changed to a flat 35% dmg reduction. That might be why you feel your performing worse, it's because your squisher vs physical damage.

CyberMonkey

04-28-2010

I like the change to 35% damage redux because now it includes magical damage. Makes Katarina much better against casters. I just tried her in a game. Here is my build:

regen bead+4 potions
Randuin's Omen
Ninja tabi
Brutalizer-->Ghostblade
Black Cleaver
Trinity Force
(Last Whisper)--didn't make it to this one

Right now, I have seven marks of armor penetration. For masteries, I have the magic penetration skill in attack, and the rest into defense. All I have to say is that W+shumpo into randuin's omen+ult is extremely powerful. I survived in the center of a team of 5 because of W and omen. Also, with or without lizard, Katarina can be one heck of a chaser, especially with the black cleaver (both omen and trinity have on hit slows). I was playing against a dps team tho, so I'm guessing I would get pummeled against casters.

CoVi

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I like the change to 35% damage redux because now it includes magical damage. Makes Katarina much better against casters. I just tried her in a game. Here is my build:

regen bead+4 potions
Randuin's Omen
Ninja tabi
Brutalizer-->Ghostblade
Black Cleaver
Trinity Force
(Last Whisper)--didn't make it to this one

Right now, I have seven marks of armor penetration. For masteries, I have the magic penetration skill in attack, and the rest into defense. All I have to say is that W+shumpo into randuin's omen+ult is extremely powerful. I survived in the center of a team of 5 because of W and omen. Also, with or without lizard, Katarina can be one heck of a chaser, especially with the black cleaver (both omen and trinity have on hit slows). I was playing against a dps team tho, so I'm guessing I would get pummeled against casters.

What's the point of Armor pen??? Seriouslly

123456 ... 8