Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The new katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mathrotus

04-27-2010

Okay, before the patch, I used to do very good with kat, and since the patch, I can't seem to do as good. I really don't know why, and I would like some help, maybe a suggestion on a build that works well with the new KI/other changes.

My build used to be:
Exhaust + ghost for summoner spells
and as for items:
Doran's shield
HoG
HoG/Phage depending on how much I need the extra armor from HoG (if they have a lot of casters i skip to phage)
BF sword
BF sword
Upgrade both to bloodthirsts
Frozen Mallet
Another BF -> Infinity edge
Now if they have a lot of MR i usually grab abyssal scepter, otherwise a 3rd bloodthirst.

This build did extremely good before the patch, but all of sudden, even though kat was BUFFED, I do worse!
Is it because people no longer underestimate me when I'm kat?
Or could it be because everyone keeps picking garen, whose silence has extremely short CD and can thus cancel my ult everytime (on a side note that silence needs a higher cooldown, really. Even if I'm not kat i find it extremely annoying).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I've thought about something like cleanse + flash as summoner spells, but I havent tried it yet. Has anyone tried that on kat?

CoVi

04-27-2010

Played 3 games now, the changes doesn't feel THAT strong if you ask me... but i'm still doing great.

What you should know is that if you're too much Death Lotus Based you should max Killer instints first for obvious reasons.

My item build is:

Dorans
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
2 Big Friendly Swords (yes... those are friendly)
Then whatever you're needing.

Try it and let me know.

Lord Mathrotus

04-27-2010

What skill order do you get with that?

peyo

04-28-2010

For summoner's spells go for Exhaust + Ignite.
Exhaust is the only CC spell and as Kat has no CC, it's a MUST
Ignite will get you lots of kills and faster kill = voracity goes live = u have your skills back

what's HoG? Heart of Gold? Don't ever take them...

Coyote24

04-28-2010

HoG are a good choice if you didn't have a great early game, covers all of Kats weaknesses.

If your doing well though I'd skip them, but I usually take one.

CoVi

04-28-2010

Quote:
Lord Mathrotus:
What skill order do you get with that?

For AD it depends, if the enemy team have a lot of healing based champs or 2 "Heal" summoner spell. I would max Bouncing Blades Faster for Obvious reasons. (with a previous killer instints cast ofcourse)

If not, it's up to you, remember that KillerInstints work on Death Lotus too.

The only one that i feel is straightfoward is AP build. So...

Clasic AD: E,Q,W,W,Q,R,Q,W,W,W,R,Q,Q,E,E,R,E,E

AntihealAD: E,Q,W,Q,Q,R,Q,W,Q,W,R,W,W,E,E,R,E,E

AP: E,Q,W,E,E,R,E,W,E,W,R,W,W,Q,Q,R,Q,Q

Hope it works for you.

This is an example of a lovely AP Build------> http://i40.tinypic.com/2ykaxag.jpg

One more thing.

AD Summoner Spells: Exhaust + Cleanse (This is a life saver most of the time, won't prevent your ult from being interrupted but you can chase just fine to use ghost and i feel just fine with shumpo to get away from nasty situations)

AP Summoner Spells: Exhaust + Rally. Why rally here instead of AD, well rally gives you base atack damage that doesn't work with your ult on AD, but on AP (with improved exhaust you get +20 - 70 AP that works with your ult just fine)

Exhaust is a personal choice for Slow + Ult mostly. Feel free to swap it with ignite on AP build since you're going for Rylai's anyway.

Dude i should write a guide if my English wasn't terribad =(

Yoshi5

04-28-2010

what runes do you pick for katharina?

at the moment i got

red: magic penetration
yellow: life/level
blue: cooldown

CoVi

04-28-2010

Quote:
Yoshi5:
what runes do you pick for katharina?

at the moment i got

red: magic penetration
yellow: life/level
blue: cooldown

Those are perfectly fine.

Other options would be:

Seals: Dodge, Flat HP
Glyphs: Magic Res.

Quints: Magic Pen.

Sunaka

04-28-2010

Kat buff is hardly noticeable. Ive always have and will continue to do good on her.

Manuel

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Quote:
CoVi:
Those are perfectly fine.

Other options would be:

Seals: Dodge, Flat HP
Glyphs: Magic Res.

Quints: Magic Pen.

Never go flat HP for Seals.

Flat: +5.35 HP
Per level: +1.08

So at level 5, you're already at +5.4 HP. That +5.35 HP beginning game isn't worth it. I've been using Dodge Rune Seals and they've worked well, although after the Killer Instincts change, I might try HP per level Runes again. If you're going to go flat HP, make sure it's Quints. (: I <3 those.

And I personally prefer the Cooldown per level Glyphs. I use the same Rune set up OP mentioned. More skills to spam in less time than the already short cooldowns.