guide viewer add-on

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

geoportal

07-24-2011

Ever get tired of pressing alt-tab to see how to build your champion and dying in-game?
Then please read my thread!

Minutemade

07-24-2011

Guides are only helpful learning on how to start playing a new champion. After that they don't have much use, soon after you pretty much remember everything for you champion/champion type.

Although guides might be helpful for a new player, they are a crutch and shouldn't be relied on as much after you learn the champion a bit.

geoportal

07-24-2011

Dear Riot employees and fellow summoners,

I have posted this thread to not plead for but, suggest an addon to the HUD display so that us summoners can view guides such as the posted on the LoL website and mobafire while we play.There are 3 reasons why I think this should be availible to us.

Reason #1:ease of access: In my opinion pressing alt-tab buttons is very unnatral and very very annoning

Reason #2: death: we cant see the game while on the internet

Reason #3:u can benifit from it too: riot employees can use the add-on to clarify guides and add to champion spotlights

iDisc

10-18-2011

^ Buy 2nd Monitor

boourns

UI Designer

10-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDisc View Post
^ Buy 2nd Monitor
+1 That was my solution.

More seriously though, I would like to make it easier for people to find appropriate items for their characters and follow specific builds. An in-game guide viewer is probably quite far in the future and probably not that high value (we already have tips, and you *really* shouldn't be reading much in game!), but you can bet that if we redesign the shop we'll have something along these lines for items. Unfortunately I don't have any specific timeline for you one that.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

While a shop redesign would be nice, a good, easily accessible ui for changing the recommended items (Perhaps part of pvp.net) so people knew it existed would go a lot further.

Outside of a game there's no reason to not have the guide open while you set up your items. Maybe also a place to store a line of text that could be displayed somewhere in game. (For a jungle route or something)