Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] +1 for bursting out of brush as bear going OMNOMNOMNOM! A guide to Udyr.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alucard628

05-30-2010

can each of the tiger stances three "mini" strikes crit? if so why aren't people trying a more crit heavy build?

ADCisMyReligion

05-30-2010

Question for OP.

I have 132 Udyr wins. After the nerf I started leveling Phoenix to 3 early game for farming creeps and mid-late game Tiger level 5 for my damage vs champions. Do you think it is a good idea to get Phoenix early just to farm? I'm going to try your way and not level Phoenix at all and see how it goes.

EDIT: You say get Long Sword and HP pot as starting items, but stance dancing in early game fights with Udyr takes a lot of mana and I always get Boots, 1 HP pot, and 2 Mana pots. How do you even lane without a mana pot? And you go offensive masteries instead of utility so that's even less mana regen. How. Do. You. Pull. This. Off?

Lynxion

05-30-2010

Quote:
Xetios:
Question for OP.

I have 132 Udyr wins. After the nerf I started leveling Phoenix to 3 early game for farming creeps and mid-late game Tiger level 5 for my damage vs champions. Do you think it is a good idea to get Phoenix early just to farm? I'm going to try your way and not level Phoenix at all and see how it goes.

EDIT: You say get Long Sword and HP pot as starting items, but stance dancing in early game fights with Udyr takes a lot of mana and I always get Boots, 1 HP pot, and 2 Mana pots. How do you even lane without a mana pot? And you go offensive masteries instead of utility so that's even less mana regen. How. Do. You. Pull. This. Off?

Don't stance dance early game/ use golem.

Omega Therion

05-30-2010

I'm not going to get into why tiger is awful, save that for another thread.
But not building a defensive item right after a sheen is asking for failure.

Pwnacus Maximus

05-30-2010

Quote:
Omega Therion:
I'm not going to get into why tiger is awful, save that for another thread.
But not building a defensive item right after a sheen is asking for failure.

isn't that what phage/FM are for?

TehRizzle

05-30-2010

@Zanefein, you must have been too aggressive early game. From level 1-5, just turtle and farm. Don't do anything stupid like bursting out and attempt to kill them, unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure you can get the kill. Even if it means sacrificing you or your partner to get the kill, do NOT do it. Remember, turtle and farm, bear to run away/save yourself or lane partner. At level six, you should have a Brutalizer and level 1 boots. Get your lizard buff and gank. I have killed at least 1 champion after gettin liz buff at least 90% of the time. To start the gank, Bear and rush in. After stunning, immediately switch to Tiger and keep slashing away. Look at the Monkey's Agility timer. When it is nearly going to finish, switch to bear again. Repeat until dead. Can't catch up? Ghost and Turtle to the turrets.

@Pwnacus Maximus, I am absolutely delighted that it has worked for you. May you dominate other champs using this superb champ!

@Alucard628, I get Infinity Edge after my major items. Yes, it can crit during all three of your attacks, its just that you cannot see it (confirmed by Dark Shur- I mean, Shurelia).
However, what MOST people are focusing on is the DoT Active by Tiger. Most of the time you are not going to stay in a single stance for long. But yes, get IE after your major items. However, replace it with Bloodrazors if there are lots of high hp enemies.

@Xetios, Believe me, after the Phoenix nerf, I tried EVERYTHING to see what has worked best for me. Maxing phoenix and tiger while leaving bear at 3, leveling phoenix to 3 early game then maxing tiger, etc..You will be ganking champions early game, not farming. Besides, once I get my Starks, I farm very fast already. You really do not need phoenix early game. Before getting Starks, your ATT speed is pathetic and you will not proc the bonus damage aoe as often. Give it a try.

As to answer your question about how I can cope without mana pot, I always have turtle active during the laning phase and turtle (hehehe puns ftw). I am not aggressive during the laning phase as I will exhaust my mana too easily. Anyway early game fights don't happen too often as long as your partner isn't stupid and you aren't aggressive. Play defensively/tower hug if your lane enemies and being aggressive. Never forget turtle also gives mana steal. Lynxion is right.

@Omega Therion, Sheen is USELESS in this build. Im building pure AD Udyr. Besides, sheen does not work correctly with tiger stance currently. I get a frost hammer late game and I already have 3k HP. Not defensive? Look at the explanation I posted to Pwnacus Maximum about why the Brutalizer is superior to Sheen. Tiger isn't awful, it's god in this build.

Thank you for your questions and comments, my fellow Udyr brothers! Post any more questions and I will gladly answer them. Until then, have fun dominating the fields as Udyr!

goldpenguin77

06-01-2010

yeah, I have a question. I'd like some more guidance on how to do Twisted Treeline. I find I'm doing OK on it, but not always great.

Liquidus

06-01-2010

Wouldn't tank Udyr be better with a mastery and skill order different from the one you're using for DPS Udyr? For masteries, going 0/21/9 and for skill order maxing turtle/bear first?

TehRizzle

06-02-2010

@ goldpenguin77, I rarely play TT, but I have played TT using Udyr a couple of times

Summoner spells are Ghost and Smite, jungle control is VERY important in TT

I usually go a mix of Tank/Damage Udyr in this map. You should rush a Innervating Locket, boots of choice, Starks (Auras win games in TT), Aegis of the Legion, Black Cleaver, Frozen Mallet.

@Liquidus, Yes, I go 0/21/9 when I go Tank Udyr. And you should max Turtle first, followed by Phoenix and then Bear, get Tiger last. I like to get some Hybrid items like Guinsoo's rageblade,the new Hextech gunblade, and then stack Sunfires with innervating locket and boots. The hybrid items will boost the Phoenix pulses to about 100+ damage a second. You get at least 2 Sunfire capes, and you will be dealing about 200+ magic damage a second. The AP from both items and the IAS from Rageblade also helps to proc Phoenix.

Liquidus

06-02-2010

You don't use your trinity force/locket build for tank udyr anymore?