Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] +1 for bursting out of brush as bear going OMNOMNOMNOM! A guide to Udyr.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goldpenguin77

05-21-2010

just saw the OP saying this on another thread:

Quote:
TehRizzle:

Brutalizer
Merc treads/Ninja tabi
Starks
Phage
Black Cleaver
Upgrade Phage to Frost Hammer
Last item I usually get a Survival item. OR if I feel that I can rape **** up without dying, a Infinity edge or Bloodrazor if there are tanks.

I complete all of them, and then get my Ghostblade. I get Brutalizer for the cheap Armour pen and damage early game. UPGRADE TO GHOSTBLADE AFTER ALL YOUR ITEMS

is that better than the two item sets in this thread? If you went with that, what would be the skill progression? Still go tiger as main? Having tried out Tiamat with tiger (which is awesome for clearing creep waves), is there anything in here to give you a similar speed in clearing waves?

DoomPirate

05-21-2010

Quote:
goldpenguin77:

is that better than the two item sets in this thread? If you went with that, what would be the skill progression? Still go tiger as main? Having tried out Tiamat with tiger (which is awesome for clearing creep waves), is there anything in here to give you a similar speed in clearing waves?

Phoenix is all you need for clearing creeps waves. Thus tiamat is not a good item for udyr

Purplz

05-21-2010

Quote:
DoomPirate:
Phoenix is all you need for clearing creeps waves. Thus tiamat is not a good item for udyr

Pretty much.. Just followed this guide by the letter and if you rush tiamat, you'll clear minions waves pretty fast, essentially pushing your enemies to their towers. Also, 2600 is huge investment just to clear creep waves. Ima try to add phoenix into the build for creep waves and switch tiamat with something more viable. I'll keep you updated

Louise

05-21-2010

Quote:
Purplz:
Pretty much.. Just followed this guide by the letter and if you rush tiamat, you'll clear minions waves pretty fast, essentially pushing your enemies to their towers. Also, 2600 is huge investment just to clear creep waves. Ima try to add phoenix into the build for creep waves and switch tiamat with something more viable. I'll keep you updated

that's not what tiamat costs, and furthermore it has other stats as well, it's not just the passive...

Sturmhard

05-21-2010

What an Udyr should do is to get Dorans shield and then go for mercurys and trinity.

Afterwards last whisper or madreds and the game is usually near the end.

There is no need for a special tiger build since you should level turtle and phoenix first with one point in bear. As soon as you have 4 points in turtle and 3 in phoenix you can start leveling tiger stance, filling up bear to 3 and maxing phoenix last. Phoenix is better early for applying pressure in the lane and it is still decent for harassing and getting a kill if there is an opportunity. Tiger is a very nice addition now for mid game but not worth getting a special build for it.

Most viable imho.

If you go for damage especially for tiger you lack too much stats in other areas. There is exactly zero need for tiamats or other items than mercurys, trinity and one big AS item.

One more remark: you need a decent lane partner to be good with Udyr.....you can't babysit and you should farm, farm, farm.

Btw: i got eye cancer reading this guide.......too much OWN; OMG THERITZLE for my taste

TehRizzle

05-22-2010

Quote:
goldpenguin77:

Yeah, I started testing different item builds, and found that THAT is the most efficient build. But, I am too lazy to update the guide. It happens. Will update later though.

TehRizzle

05-22-2010

Updated the guide with item builds.

TehRizzle

05-23-2010

Bump

Back2Bassics

05-25-2010

I tried out this build today and I have to admit, even though the farm is a lot slower, I found myself being a lot more useful to the team as I was an extra source of burst damage and I was able to support my lanemate a lot better. I'm not sure about getting a broadsword + health pot first but I'll be running some more tests with possible alternative starting items.

All in all, great guide!

Pwnacus Maximus

05-25-2010

Is there any way to fit trinity force into your DPS build? i always hear it's a great item on udyr no matter the build but you don't take it in his DPS build. why not?