Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] +1 for bursting out of brush as bear going OMNOMNOMNOM! A guide to Udyr.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowSnowsicle

05-05-2010

Quote:
Moredot:
Innervating locket. The new way to play Udyr.

courtesy of HotshotGG's livestream on counterlogic

I've been trying to work it into builds. At what point do you get it?

TehRizzle

05-07-2010

Im back! Sorry about not bumping this topic regularly, its exam period here in Singapore.

Anyway, just had a game with Zanefein (Dunno if I spelled it right), and he told me he saw my guide. He went as Udyr and followed exactly my items, and I was proud because he and our team dominated the other team at the end, with him getting at least five tower kills. Though we got off to a rocky start. I was very proud when he read my guide, don't be shy and say hi if you happen to me in a game with/against me!

Anyway, changed the tank Udyr build around, and edited some info in the guide.

@skystream92, Get locket if your team needs a Tank/Supporter. Your gonna go as Tank if you intend on getting locket anyway. I get it after my Triforce, it is still your core even if you go a different build. After that Phantom Dancer, then defensive items based on the enemy team.

Zanefein

05-08-2010

Both builds are incredible.

Just used the tank build with a competent team and it's amazing. Just gotta know when to pick the tank build over the damage build.

Also, I don't know if it's going to hurt the tank or damage build because of the phoenix nerf/tiger buff and how you can change the build to adapt, or if it even has to change.

TehRizzle

05-11-2010

Expect some major updates about Udyr, gonna test him out. Meanwhile, other Udyr players can give me some tips so that I may test them out and add them into the guide

TehRizzle

05-14-2010

Updated the guide to most recent patch massively, check it out!

goldpenguin77

05-14-2010

you need to change the blurb at the end of the skills build, as it still says that you are maxing phoenix first.

Manse

05-14-2010

Quote:
TehRizzle:
Im back! Sorry about not bumping this topic regularly, its exam period here in Singapore.

Anyway, just had a game with Zanefein (Dunno if I spelled it right), and he told me he saw my guide. He went as Udyr and followed exactly my items, and I was proud because he and our team dominated the other team at the end, with him getting at least five tower kills. Though we got off to a rocky start. I was very proud when he read my guide, don't be shy and say hi if you happen to me in a game with/against me!

Anyway, changed the tank Udyr build around, and edited some info in the guide.

@skystream92, Get locket if your team needs a Tank/Supporter. Your gonna go as Tank if you intend on getting locket anyway. I get it after my Triforce, it is still your core even if you go a different build. After that Phantom Dancer, then defensive items based on the enemy team.

Rizzy, what is your opinion of going 5/5/3/5, especially for a tank udyr. The move speed increase from 3 bear to 5 bear is 6% for 1 additional second. Sure, people may get away from you, but the active portion of phoenix is unchanged and going phoenix > Tiger puts quite the hurt on targets.

Also, what are your thoughts on placing triforce after locket in your tank build? I'm thinking something along the lines of Sheen, Boots, Locket, Triforce or Sheen, boots, Zeal, Locket, Triforce. Locket is good for healing creep waves and teammates after a push, and keeps people around to push after a teamfight. I literally stood in the middle of our group spamming skills while we waited for a creep wave and healed two people for about 25%. The heal is small, but noticeable. Plus, it may have a greater effect midgame when health pools are smaller. I'd like to hear what you think.

TehRizzle

05-14-2010

@ Goldpenguin, thanks for the heads up! Fixt.

@wherewolf, I do have tried a 5/5/3/5 build, and I effed up. Seriously, choose either Phoenix or Tiger as your main DPS stance. You get a Tiamat and go Tiger, you can clear creepwaves just as fast as Phoenix can or even faster. Tested. I highly suggest you take Tiger over Phoenix, as the active is too good to let up. You either stack AD to maximize Tiger's potential, or AS to maximize Phoenix's potential. But then again, Phoenix is just a free SotD now. We want bear to get as much MS as possible. Before Phoenix got nerfed into oblivion, I got Phantom dancers to maximize my Dodge and Phoenix potential. Now, since Phoenix got nerfed, we NEED the movespeed from Bear and we have all the attack speed we need from Tiger, and as such will not be getting Phantom Dancers.

I prefer getting a Triforce before a locket. It gives you durability, attacks faster, and a neat slow. I tried getting it before the Triforce. Things did not go so well. You can however, try to get it before Triforce. Always get Triforce on Tank Udyr, never get it on DPS Udyr.

Zanefein

05-14-2010

I like the new items, just a few questions...

Is the Tiger active magic damage?

Why no triforce for epic tiger activation raep?

And why not go 5/4/4/5 or 5/5/3/5? The differences aren't all that big and the AD from phoenix into tiger, as wherewolf suggested, is also very good. I don't see how you effed up big time like that, maybe you played bad for that game?

Tiamat+tiger for burning down creep waves sounds awesome, especially with all the AD we'll have, but i feel like using phoenix for the +AD would be really good.

Test out the 5/5/3/5 or 5/4/4/5 again?

Praedoran

05-14-2010

Quote:
Zanefein:
I like the new items, just a few questions...

Is the Tiger active magic damage?

Why no triforce for epic tiger activation raep?

And why not go 5/4/4/5 or 5/5/3/5? The differences aren't all that big and the AD from phoenix into tiger, as wherewolf suggested, is also very good. I don't see how you effed up big time like that, maybe you played bad for that game?

Tiamat+tiger for burning down creep waves sounds awesome, especially with all the AD we'll have, but i feel like using phoenix for the +AD would be really good.

Test out the 5/5/3/5 or 5/4/4/5 again?

Tiger's DoT is magic damage and resisted as such.

I don't believe Triforce or Sheen affects Tiger's active, but I'll test it some more tonight.

Final skill build isn't the problem. It's the selection and viability getting there. Trying to level two DPS stances is going to hurt you by neglecting your Defense stances. However, working on your defense stances isn't going to get you any ganks.