[Guide] +1 for bursting out of brush as bear going OMNOMNOMNOM! A guide to Udyr.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehRizzle

04-27-2010

Hello everyone, welcome to my first guide. For this guide, I will be talking about Udyr, the Animal Spirit. Udyr is a very versatile character. He can fit into may roles such as a Tank, a DPSer (This is the one im going as most of the time), a ganker, and even as a caster. Please note that im from Singapore, and as such, my English may not be as good as you folk from the USA. Bear with me. (Pun intended)

A little about myself, I have been playing League of Legends since closed beta last July. Ever since then, I have been hooked onto the game. Not even the IP block to us Asians can stop me from playing this game. However, when the SEA servers are up, I'll probably stop playing in the USA servers, and hence, this guide will not be updated as much. However, I will try my best. Now enough about me, let's get on with the guide!

-----------------------------------
Builds

With the recent patch, Udyr's Phoenix stance got nerfed. This, is really, really TERRIBLE AND UNNECESSARY NERF. HE WAS FINE BEFORE. GOD. I can justify the Turtle nerf, but you freakin turned his passive into a SotD. TF gets the same effect, but with a AS boost to boot. If you guys did not know, Udyr now requires FOUR attacks to proc Phoenix. Since Udyr simply does not have the attack speed early game, we will be focusing on Tiger stance. I played lots of games with Udyr, and have found the current build to worst best for me. Things just aren't the same with Phoenix though. But who's complaining? SARCASM FTW

/qq

Tiger stance got a HUGE buff to justify the Phoenix nerf, though. You now deal TRIPLE your attack damage upon activating this. You also gain a 70% AS boost. People with at least half a brain will instinctively think, " DAMAGE DAMAGE OMFG ". And that is what we will be focusing on.

Runes

I go Armour Penetration for Marks and Quints, Dodge for Seals, and finally FLAT Cooldown Reduction for Glyphs.

Since we will not be using Phoenix, Attack Speed runes are USELESS for Udyr Tiger also gives you all the mother****ing AS you could ever want. Since Tiger already provides the AS, and it's Passive deals triple of your CURRENT damage over two seconds, we want Armour Penetration runes to maximize its damage potential. Udyr's Monkey's Agility got nerfed. Again. But, the dodge bonus still helps, so Dodge runes are still worth every single IP you used to get them. CDR is for maximizing your Stance dancing. This, combined with Golem buff, will give you CDR up the wazoo.

QUINTS WILL BE ARMOUR PENETRATION EVERYTIME ALL THE TIME NO EXCEPTIONS

"BUT I WANT MOVESPEED QUINTS EARLY GAME BEAR GIVES US PITIFUL MS BOOST BOOHOO"

**** IT YOU HAVE GHOST

"DODGE RUNES IM A NINJA"

THIS IS A OFFENSIVE UDYR GUIDE NOT A DEFENSIVE ONE GTFO

"ATTTTTTTTTAAAAAACK SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED"

KINDLY BEND OVER

Masteries

21-9-0. Be sure to get the CDR and Sunder masteries to maximize Udyr's potential. And get Evasion and Nimbleness in the defensive tree too. I shall assume you are not a 45 year old man with Down Syndrome, who is still living with his mother, and shall establish that you know what to add for the rest of the masteries.

Summoner Abilities

GHOST AND CLEANSE OMFG DO IT

As I said earlier on, we WILL be chasing and tower diving earlier. If they survive the Initial Burst, pop ghost and Turtle through the turret shots, then proceed to smack your target senseless with Bear and SHRED THEM WITH TIGER. Not to mention it helps you escape too.

Cleanse is MANDATORY for Udyr. You WILL be targeted, you WILL be the first priority in ganks, you WILL get hit by a ****ING ENCHANTED CRYSTAL ARROW IN THE FACE BY THAT MOTHERFAKKIN ASHE WHO YOU HAVE KILLED OVER 9000 TIMES WHILE HER OTHER TEAMMATES BUTT RAEP YOU MERCILESSLY. AND THEY DIDNT USE LUBE TOO

Cleanse can turn teamfights around. ECA? Cleanse. Stepped on those ****ing mushrooms and it could kill you in about 3 seconds? Cleanse. ****ING TIMEBOMBS? Cleanse. A MFING CHOGATH COMING RIGHT AT YOU WHILE YOU HAVE 100 HP, NO MANA, NO NEARBY ALLIES AND GHOST IS ON COOLDOWN? CLEA- Okay, yeah there really is nothing to do if you get yourself in that situation. Either way, you are screwed, he WILL **** you, and you probably deserve it. Told you to be careful when mid reported a missing Fiddlesticks at level six.

Champion Abilities

(Passive) Monkey's Agility: When you enter a stance, you gain 10% Attack Speed and 3% Dodge for five seconds. This effect can stack 3 times.

Yeah. Nothing special about this, since Riot nerfed it to oblivion. Basically, each time change into a Stance, you get a stack of this. Each stack gives you 10% AS and 3% dodge, which can multiply 3 times and lasts for five seconds. Because of this, always stance dance. ALWAYS.

(Q) Tiger Stance: When you activate this, your next attack deals 1.8/2.1/2.4/2.7/3 times your Attack Damage over 2 seconds.

Persistent effect: Your attack speed is increased by 30/40/50/60/70%. You also split your attacks into 3 lightning fast hits. Item effects activate only on the first hit (Except for lifesteal).

We will be focusing on this Stance for my build. With the huge buff to Tiger causing the effect to triple your attack damage, we will stack damage just to abuse this. This + Golem buff early game will practically RIP your opponents to shreds.

(W) Turtle Stance: When you activate this, you gain a temporary shield that absorbs 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.5) damage.

Persistent effect: You cannot crit, but you restore 12/14/16/18/20% of your damage as health and 9/10.5/12/13.5/15% of your damage as mana.

I LOVE THIS SKILL. This has a ton of uses. You can negate damage and flying projectiles (Dark wind, Void Sphere, or Buster Shot if you're lucky enough), Tower Dive and regenerating mana and hp on minions and creeps. With this baby here, you will not be going back to the fountain for a long time. You stack attack damage to abuse Tiger. By buffing Tiger, Riot also buffed this skill.

"BUT THEY NERFED THE SHIELD'S DAMAGE ABSORBTION BY 20 WAAH"

Since you stack damage, the manasteal and lifesteal you gain is very very high. I tested it, and you gain about 50 hp each time you hit a target around mid game. You won't be going to base unless you died or need some items when you start getting some AD items. Max this second

(E) Bear Stance: When you activate this, you gain a large movement speed boost adding up to 15/18/21/24/27% increased movement speed.

Persistent Effect: Your attacks stun the target for one second. This cannot occur on a target for the next five seconds.

This is a freakin useful ability. Udyr would not be Udyr without this. You use this when you engage, to chase, to GTFO BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO CLEANSE WHEN THAT FREAKIN ARROW SMACKED YOU IN THE FACE, to interrupt cancelling spells (Absolute Zero, Crowstorm), and of course, to stun your target. NEVER EVER STAY IN THIS STANCE AFTER THE INITIAL STUN, BECAUSE YOU WILL JUST BE A WHACKING STICK.

(R) Phoenix Stance: When you activate this, you damage nearby enemies for 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 (+0.25 per ability power) magic damage each second for five seconds. Your ability power is also increased by 16/24/32 and your attack damage is increased by half of that amount.

Persistent Effect: Every fourth attack, you deal damage to all enemies in front of you for 40/80/120/160/200(+0.25) magic damage.

I do not like this skill anymore. I cannot jungle as efficiently, the DPS early game is LAFFABLE as you do not have the attack speed to proc it as often, its BS to me now. It's amazing how changing a word in an ability can nerf a champion to oblivion. You guys feel free to disagree with me, I just think that Tiger as of the most recent patch deals more damage then this joke. Level it last.

Skill Build

Level 1: Bear (Mainly because to get early first bloods. But if your partner is too chicken to gank in the brushes or don't have exhaust/disables, feel free to get Turtle instead)
Level 2: Bear/Turtle (Whichever you didn't get at level 1
Level 3: Turtle
Level 4: Tiger
Level 5: Tiger
Level 6: Tiger
Level 7: Tiger
Level 8: Turtle
Level 9: Tiger
Level 10: Turtle
Level 11: Turtle
Level 12: Bear
Level 13: Bear
Level 14: Bear
Level 15: Bear
Level 16: Phoenix
Level 17: Phoenix
Level 18: Phoenix

We max Tiger first because of it's epic DPS potential early game combined with Golem Buff, Turtle second to survive those tower shots when diving and to regenerate MASSIVE AMOUNTS of health, Bear 3rd to get the movement speed boost, and finally Phoenix, because Riot didn't want to give Udyr the Urf stance.

Items

Like I said at the beginning, we will be focusing on Attack Speed and Dodge. ONTO THE ITEMZ

Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads
Brutalizer --> Ghostblade
Starks Fervor
Phage --> Frost Hammer
Black Cleaver
Infinity Edge/Madred's Bloodrazor

Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads - Get the tabi if the other team is DPS heavy, or Treads if they are Casters/CC dependant. I find myself going the Treads more often though.

Brutalizer - This will be your main source of damage early game. It offers 15 Armour Pen, 10% CDR, and 25 attack damage. All for the epic cost of 1337 gold. In the end, we get 45 Armour pen early game, 15% CDR, and a nice boost to our attack damage. Upgrade this to Ghostblade after all your items.

Starks Fervor - This item is GREAT for Udyr. It beats Malady in everyway, and only costs 700 more gold (I think). It gives you lifesteal (This plus Turtle stance = imba lifesteal. You never have to go back to base unless you died or need to buy some items with this baby here. If you just survived a team battle or gank, hop into the Jungle and come back 20 seconds later with full HP and Mana), 20 Armour Reduction Aura, and 40% AS. The Armour Reduction Aura is VERY useful for teamfights, and the AS is a bonus. You effectively have 65 Armour Penetration at this stage. Very nice for early game.

Phage - Gives you slow, survivability and damage all in one neat little package. You need the slow for ganking and chasing, the Attack damage bonus is awesome, and the survivability means you get to shrug off damage from turrets while tower diving. Upgrade this into Frost Hammer later.

Black Cleaver - This will be your first Steroid item. Once you get this item, you will start to RAEP. You will get max stacks of this very quickly. It gives a MAJOR boost to your AD, so your Tiger Stance will hurt as hell. With this at max stacks, your attacks have 125 Armour Penetration, enough to deal TRUE DAMAGE to most champions at this stage.

Infinity Edge/Madred's Bloodrazor - The finishing touches to your build. Pick either one, depending on the opposing team's setup. Casters/Squishies? Inf edge. At least 2 champions with above 2.8k hp? Bloodrazor. However, get this after you complete your Frost hammer. A high AD Tiger stance Udyr is nothing without survivability, and Frost hammer offers just that.

Tank Build

Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads
TriForce
Innervating Locket
Banshee's Veil / Frozen heart
Frozen Heart / Banshee's Veil (Whichever you didn't get first)
Black Cleaver / Infinity Edge / Madred's Bloodrazor / Atma's Impaler

Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads - Pretty obvious, Merc treads is preferred for the tank build, but if the other team is heavily reliant on Physical DPS, get the Tabi.

TriForce - Rush this. It is still your core even if you go Tank, DPS, Support, Caster, W/E. Gives you presence in teamfights.

Innervating Locket - I have been testing this for my Tank Udyr games, and it has worked wonders. You support your team with constant stance dancing, and your stances effectively cost NO MANA. You will not be getting the Golem Buff after this, give it to the other casters who need it more

Banshee's Veil / Frozen Heart - If the other team is CC and Nuke heavy, get the Banshee. If Physical DPS, Frozen heart.

"BU,BU,BUT IF THERE ARE PHYSICAL DEEPS, YOU SHOULD GET PHANTOM DANCER IMBA DODGE AND OVAR 9000 ATTACKS A SECOND AND I WANT FORCE OF NATURE NOT A STUPID BALL AROUND ME FK YOU NOOB QUITE LOL NOW LLULULUL"

Your a ****ing TANK Udyr now. You soak up damage and you want to make your ****ing presence known. You will initiate teamfights, you will freakin make your presence known, you will support your team, and you will *If your team isn't full of ******s* WIN the teamfight. Frozen heart gives you CDR *Which is great for proccing your locket*, Mana *Kind of useless..But hey its free*, and a nifty -25% Attack Speed aura. This plus the armour bonus = useless carries. As for banshees, I simply don't get a FoN because its too expensive for my taste. And besides, your gonna initiate teamfights. The first thing that people will do is force down a ECA down your throat, because they underestimate Udyr. When you burst out of the your mother's womb and go charging towards the enemy team, they WILL cc you, and you will get a stun / fear / slow / whatever off your back. The MR also reduces Magic Damage, very very useful against caster teams.

Black Cleaver/Infinity Edge/Madred's Bloodrazor/Atma's Impaler - The game should NEVER go this far, but if it does, pick an item from the list. You have enough Armour and MR, we should beef it up with some damage items. Black Cleaver is cheap attack, I usually get this most of the time. Your armour pen runes and this = over 90 armour penetration. Infinity Edge is a viable choice as Phantom Dancer gives you crit chance. Bloodrazor is a really effective way of boosting your DPS *Get this if the other tanks are irritating COUGHSHENCOUGH*, and Atma's if you are going to be pushing most of the time, and therefore do not have that much time to farm for the previous items.

Tank Udyr is very, VERY effective. Always go Tank if your team has 1 tank, and 3 DPSers or some other crazy setup.

Oh, and since you aren't stacking damage if your going Tank Udyr, get Phoenix instead of Tiger.

Early game: Level 1-7

Okay! You have just started the game, and have 475g. Get a long sword and a health pot. Go into either top lane or bot lane, and hide in the bushes with your partner for the chance of an early First Blood. Do not hesitate to use Ghost to get it. Tower dive ONLY if you are positively sure you can get the kill. That way, you get an extra 400 gold before the creeps spawn.

The Laning Phase

Zee minions have started spawning. Farm up and play defensively/tower hug if your opponents are ranged and are very aggressive, or just farm at your own pace (AND BY THAT I MEANT AS FAST AS YOU CAN), occasionally giving your opponents a poke or too. If you're lucky enough, you might even kill them!

At level six, Bluepill. You should have at LEAST around 1.3k to get your Brutalizer and Boots of speed. This will make ganking even easier.

Now, with your new items, it is time to start the orgasm. Head to the jungle and get your lizard buff, alternate between Tiger and Turtle, never go Bear. Once you have it, announce to your partner that you will be ganking your opponents. They should be quite easy to gank as you have left your partner alone for awhile, and naturally your opponents will be pushing your tower, unless they bluepill-ed or went ganking. Call out MIAs! A good target would be a squishy character like Soraka. Once they have pushed far enough, burst out of brush as Bear and go OMNOMNOMNOM at them. Stun them, and immediately switch to Tiger Stance for some hot RAEP. Your slow + Tiger slash, not to mention the increased DPS thanks to your lizard buff and Armour Pen will surely melt their hp to pieces. If they Flash (****in hell...), Pop Ghost, switch to Turtle, and give chase! If they decide to use ECA on you, shake it off with Cleanse and proceed to RIP them. Early game ends when you have successfully ganked your target (Very likely if you aren't a ******), or if they counter-ganked you. Tough **** if that happens.

Mid Game: Level 7-15

Teamfights should be happening now.You will be strong enough to take down the Dragon, do it before your enemy team does for some sweet sweet extra moolah for you and your team.

Sooner or later, the opposing team or your team will start pushing one of the lanes to get the tower down, most often in the Middle Lane. Now, a team is trying to push the lane, while the other team is trying to DEFEND the lane. Play defensely unless someone brave enough to rambo into the fray (WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU MALPHITE) to start the battle. If there are no initiators, Go into Bear Stance and smack the **** outta the enemy supporter/carry/caster. You will probably die...But you know you did good as you see your team Ace/kill at least three of the enemy's team. However, if your team composition isn't good, Tough nuts. Either way, one of your towers or their towers will be destroyed. If its yours, go kick a puppy or something. If it's theirs, YELL into Vent and boast about the fact on how their Fiddlesticks miserably tried to ult into your team, only to be picken up and be broken into a mere few pieces of wood. And people complain about pieces of wood being tied together with a few strings, "Overpowered", who is at the same time conveniently doing a cute imitation of the Grim Reaper. Very cute.

By now, you should have gotten your Starks Fervor. This increases your DPS, and gives a boost to your attack via Armour Reduction Aura. It benefits your team too. If you have been a target of a gank, turtle the initial burst, cleanse outta the CC's, AND GTFO WITH BEAR AND GHOST IF NEEDED

....Only to come back a few seconds later to RAEP their team with Tiger. I should point out that going into Turtle stance to cover for lost HP earlier on is a viable option. . Mid game ends once you get to level 15, and or getting both Phage and Starks Fervour

End game: Level 15-18

At this point, the game should be all about pushing, defending and going to kill the Baron if you have the chance, and getting your final game equipment. Get started on your Black Cleaver. Once you get it, you will start raping. You have about ~230 AD, 125 Armour pen, and will be attacking AT LEAST 1.5 times a second. 230x3=690 damage over 2 seconds with Tiger stance. If Riot change the DoT from Tiger to Physical, it will deal PURE DAMAGE as you have imba Armour Pen. I don't think they will though. After your Black Cleaver, it is very crucial to upgrade Phage to Frost Hammer. Survivability, attack, and a guaranteed slow on every attack is hard to resist, no? Hahaha.

Remember that Udyr can BD EXTREMELY well. If it looks like your team isn't going to win teamfights even with you around, tell them your will BD. Make sure your team distracts them, and then proceed to rape some turrets and inhibitors. They may have pushed our outer turrets, but we just get ourselves some super minions. If the game goes longer, get either a Infinity Edge or Madred's Bloodrazor. I find myself going Infinity Edge most of the time though. Major Lulz will ensue. over 900 damage over 2 seconds will trigger epic LULZ.

Remember, late game is a CRUCIAL point for Udyr and his team. Make one mistake, and it could very well be the end of the game for you.

Tips and Tricks!

When attempting to backdoor a Turret or Inhibitor, always alternate between Tiger and Phoenix for maximum DPS. The increased attack from Phoenix, the insane Attack Speed from your Tiger Stance and the IAS from Monkey's Agility will blow it up to bits! - Contributed by TechYS

Sometimes, a CD Reduction Udyr is Viable. Get Nashors Tooth, Brutalizer (Which can be built into a Ghostblade later on), and with the cooldown reduction from Runes and Masteries, you will achieve the max of -40% CDR! This helps in chasing (Can anyone say running around at ovar 500 MS every 2 seconds with Bear? I pity the poor souls when you pop Ghost.) - Contributed by Grizzly Bear

Udyr used to be able to pop the Bubble from Banshees while in Bear, and then stun the target again after. This effectively proves Banshees useless. This has been fixed though, do not be fooled! If you pop the bubble during Bear, you CANNOT stun the same target for another five seconds! - Contributed by Gabyoman

You can pop Banshees' Bubbles by going into Phoenix Stance and letting one of your fire pulses pop it! It's very easy and extremely efficient, no one will notice it in big teamfights - Contributed by me

Tiger stance has also been shown to crit towers. You won't see a "Critical!" against it, but the second and third hits can actually crit against building (not the initial). Phoenix's active gives AP and AD, giving him a ton of tower damage (people who play casters can attest to AP adding to Tower damage). The synergy between these two is the reason Udyr claws through bases like they were made of paper. - Contributed by Praedoran

Sometimes, Constant stance dancing will interrupt your attack animation. This is because whenever you enter a stance, the respective stance image will pop up above your head and delay you for a moment. This can interrupt your current attack, and may deny you some last hits early game. However, this is not critical. - Also contributed by Praedoran

Consider building Innervating Locket when you go Tank Udyr, it supports your team with your constant stance dancing, and gives you higher survivability. You also do not have to rely on Golem Buffs too much. - Contributed by Moredot

Conclusion and Updates

Well, that concludes my guide for Udyr the Animal Spirit. Suggestions, tips and questions are welcome, and I will try to answer them the best I can. Until then, enjoy clawing your way to victory as a MANBEARTURTLETIGERPHOENIX who makes people feel insecure about themselves!

*Update 1* I have decided to add a new tips and tricks section about Udyr, this information has been generously given by other players. This should help you guys out! Also fixed a tooltip error about Phoenix's passive procs. Thanks to TechYS for this notification

*Update 2* Revamped massively

*Update 3* Edited item builds.

Mesa H

04-27-2010

Nice guide. I main some other champ but i'll probably give the stance dance a try soon.

I dunno if i missed it, but any tip on jungling? i prefer laning too, but some ppl out there always think you should jungle when u can to open up an extra solo lane, wonder if u have any suggestions on that

TehRizzle

04-27-2010

Jungling is viable with Udyr, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you insist on jungling with him though, you'd probably need to have smite.

Do not get a level in bear until you are level six, the earlier levels of phoenix and turtle are more useful. You aren't even going to be ganking at such an early level anyway.

Start off with Phoenix. Kill the golems with smite. Once you reach level two, you have the ability to stance dance. I'd recommend getting to at least level three before attemping golem, you are not Warwick. Get a level 2 in Turtle once you're at level three, and go do Golem.

At this point you can stance dance pretty much all you want. Hopefully you have the awareness and the neutral buff in your utility to maximize your Jungling udyr. There is a guide on jungling Udyr IIRC.

Thanks for reading my guide, may you dominate using my favourite champ!

TechYS

04-27-2010

Suggestion: Get the correct in-game tooltip for Phoenix. It hurts much more than 120 dmg and that description is going to mislead people.

If I recall correctly, Bear pops Banshee's Veil bubbles. They won't get stunned the first time, but they will the second. Even if it doesn't, Tiger and Phoenix should be able to pop it too fairly well. Doing so will help your team do better in team fights.

For taking on towers, 2 situations may arise:

1. You are bding a tower.

2. You tank the tower for your team.

For 1, go Phoenix, then Tiger, so that Tiger will do more damage to the tower. Phoenix's active will still be present for a bit. Go back into Phoenix and then Tiger again once the active wears off.

For 2, do a Turtle Shield before Phoenix (rest is same as above) to minimize tower damage. If you have someone to tank that tower for you, though, go ahead and do same as 1. Usually 2 happens if you're the tank of the team.

Jungling? I suggest only do it when you are getting back to a lane. Don't live off of jungling like Warwick. That's not your job.

TehRizzle

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechYS View Post
Suggestion: Get the correct in-game tooltip for Phoenix. It hurts much more than 120 dmg and that description is going to mislead people.

If I recall correctly, Bear pops Banshee's Veil bubbles. They won't get stunned the first time, but they will the second. Even if it doesn't, Tiger and Phoenix should be able to pop it too fairly well. Doing so will help your team do better in team fights.

For taking on towers, 2 situations may arise:

1. You are bding a tower.

2. You tank the tower for your team.

For 1, go Phoenix, then Tiger, so that Tiger will do more damage to the tower. Phoenix's active will still be present for a bit. Go back into Phoenix and then Tiger again once the active wears off.

For 2, do a Turtle Shield before Phoenix (rest is same as above) to minimize tower damage. If you have someone to tank that tower for you, though, go ahead and do same as 1. Usually 2 happens if you're the tank of the team.

Jungling? I suggest only do it when you are getting back to a lane. Don't live off of jungling like Warwick. That's not your job.

Ah, is the description for Phoenix wrong? Im sorry, I got the information from the game database, and thats what they stated there. I can't go ingame and check now as they're doing a patch, but thanks for notification! Will fix ASAP

I think Phoenix's flame pulses pop Banshee's bubbles, so I think going Phoenix is a better choice for those annoying Fiddlesticks and Nunus, they're the ones who get Banshees the most in most of my games

As for the tower issue, I constantly Stance Dance between tiger and Turtle to negate some damage from the Tower shots during turtle, and then pop right back into Tiger to destroy the turret. This not only keeps me at a higher hp, but also gives me max stacks of Monkey's Agility, which enables me to destroy turrets and inhibs easier

And I NEVER tank the tower for the team. Me and my team usually BD a turret if we either aced/killed at least four of the opposing team's champs, or we pushed so far the minions are left behind, and the opposing team dosen't even defend. Even so, I still don't tank the turret for the team. I let characters like Jax or Rammus who have high hp/armour tank the turret shots while we rain blows at it. In my elo, my teams have at LEAST one tank. I never BD turrets if I go tank Udyr though, it will take too long.

I jungle for the lizard buff and golem buff because they are useful. Lizard buff helps a lot during ganks, and I personally think you should try it if you haven't yet. The slow is AMAZING while you don't have your phage yet, and Golem buffs generally allow you to Stance Dance without worrying about mana issues.

I hope that answers most of your questions. Thanks for the tips about banshees, backdooring turrets and the misinformation in in Phoenix's tooltip. Its people like you that make me want to update the guide regularly, and not that mean troll who downvoted my Guide for no apparent reason just now.

ValentinaLuna

04-27-2010

While getting high dodge can be quite a fun way to play..

Sword of the Divine? Diminishing Returns? Have you factored those in aswell? D;

I used to be all for stacking dodge, but I realized that 3 crit-shotting squishies is far more effective. =)

Guide sounds interesting though, might get Udyr as my next champ. =o

TechYS

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehRizzle View Post
Ah, is the description for Phoenix wrong? Im sorry, I got the information from the game database, and thats what they stated there. I can't go ingame and check now as they're doing a patch, but thanks for notification! Will fix ASAP

I think Phoenix's flame pulses pop Banshee's bubbles, so I think going Phoenix is a better choice for those annoying Fiddlesticks and Nunus, they're the ones who get Banshees the most in most of my games

As for the tower issue, I constantly Stance Dance between tiger and Turtle to negate some damage from the Tower shots during turtle, and then pop right back into Tiger to destroy the turret. This not only keeps me at a higher hp, but also gives me max stacks of Monkey's Agility, which enables me to destroy turrets and inhibs easier

And I NEVER tank the tower for the team. Me and my team usually BD a turret if we either aced/killed at least four of the opposing team's champs, or we pushed so far the minions are left behind, and the opposing team dosen't even defend. Even so, I still don't tank the turret for the team. I let characters like Jax or Rammus who have high hp/armour tank the turret shots while we rain blows at it. In my elo, my teams have at LEAST one tank. I never BD turrets if I go tank Udyr though, it will take too long.

I jungle for the lizard buff and golem buff because they are useful. Lizard buff helps a lot during ganks, and I personally think you should try it if you haven't yet. The slow is AMAZING while you don't have your phage yet, and Golem buffs generally allow you to Stance Dance without worrying about mana issues.

I hope that answers most of your questions. Thanks for the tips about banshees, backdooring turrets and the misinformation in in Phoenix's tooltip. Its people like you that make me want to update the guide regularly, and not that mean troll who downvoted my Guide for no apparent reason just now.
About Banshees:

Bear because you're often starting with that if you ever have to initiate.

Of course if you're not by all means go Phoenix and pop their bubbles.

About Towers:

Once the game gets back online. Get a bot game in TT and farm up tank items (so you can notice the difference with lower damage, and will help you take out towers faster when you go tank mode). Go Phoenix and Tiger maxed so you can test them out. Once you're about to hit a tower, hitting it normally with Tiger first, then try a Phoenix -> Tiger combo. You should notice a significant damage difference.

Even with damage items, its never bad to pop Phoenix once in a while between your Tiger and Turtle to give in some extra dmg to make that tower go down faster. But always, Phoenix to Tiger, not Phoenix to Turtle.

Gabyoman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechYS View Post
It has been fixed, Bear used to pop banshee's shield and stun during the second hit. It has been corrected, now you need to wait the full 5 or 6s before stunning the target again (i think it's the same with sivir shield). However i don't know if phoenix's fire waves pop the shield too.

I will try this guide too. i tend to build more around attack speed and i don't meet the success i wish for. ^^

TehRizzle

04-27-2010

Wait, as far as I know, Phoenix's proc does NOT activate on towers. Are you saying that it does? Because I tested it out once and it didnt. It only activated on the creeps behind the turret me and my team were destroying. I regularly backdoor the other team's turrets, and I almost always go Turtle --> Tiger, rinse and repeat. Takes out the turret pretty quick with my Black Cleaver/Infinity Edge and imba attack speed from Phantom Dancer Will try out your methods, thanks once again.

TehRizzle

04-27-2010

@Gabyoman, I recommend you try out Udyr with my build, my friend Hameed used to go a Frost mallet / Sunfire cape build, but when he tried what I told him to as seen in the guide, he has never looked back since. Have fun destroying your enemies

12345 ... 10