Red Baron Corki Earns His Crosses!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCrumb

Associate Brand Manager

04-26-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

As those of you who are history buffs may know, in April 1917, the Red Baron reached the peak of his unparalleled success as a pilot. During this month alone - which became known as Bloody April - the legendary ace downed over twenty-two British aircraft and was decorated with the Knight's Cross on two separate occasions. And so, in honor of the Red Baron, as well as by popular community demand, we've decided to do a bit of (re)decorating ourselves in the upcoming patch!

That's right summoners! In April 1917, the Red Baron received two crosses, and this April 2010, so will Red Baron Corki. In commemoration of Bloody April, the wings of Corkiís biplane will receive a new paint job and will sport the iron crosses indicative of his historical squadron. And what's more, if you held off buying this skin, we're going to give you a second chance to snap up this tiny tribute to a brilliant aerial tactician at a reduced cost. With the release of the new patch, you can purchase Red Baron Corki with his shiny new paint job for 30% off. Donít miss out on the Red Baron Corki Bloody April Blowout!

Red Baron Corki skin (regularly 1820 RP) will be only 1274 RP!

Click on the Skins tab in the Store to purchase this discounted skin. If you have already purchased the Red Baron Corki skin, no need to repurchase! The iron crosses will automatically appear on the skin.

unbelieve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

Yay at last CROSSES

How he should of been in the beginning, now more people will buy him!

Meta

04-26-2010

Awwww man. Not having the authentic crosses was my excuse for not buying it. :P

Now I don't have one so I guess I'll have to start playing Corki again.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SofaKingAwsome

04-26-2010

Can he make frozen pizzas too? Sometimes I get really hungry

Pope Biggie

04-26-2010

Riot Games, supportin' jew killin' Nazi's since 1917

EDIT: LMFAO I cant believe you guys actually fell for it. lol @ you people who thought I was serious AND attacking Riot. Kudos to those who called out the troll though, although I didn't intend to be TROLLING at least some people had the brains to realize a joke post.

Ixsha

04-26-2010

winged creatures need some love, morgana and kayle :x

KyuzoS7

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Biggie View Post
have you forget not only just jews my friend.

but this is just a single person not nazi germany as a whole.

Reshoku

04-26-2010

Quote:
how's it supporting idiot? the holocaust was in WWII...1939....you're off by 20 years....

Sunwise

04-26-2010

Quote:
This forum is full of inaccurate statements from uninformed people, but in my months of being here this is by far the most ill-considered and enormously wrong one of them all. I sincerely hope you're trolling and I was just duped, because I like to credit my fellow man with a few brain cells to rub together, but this demonstrates not even that.

The Red Baron earned his Iron Cross in 1917. The Nazi Party didn't even exist until 1919, and Adolf Hitler's renewed Nazi Party -- the one associated with the atrocities committed against Jews -- came into existence in 1925. World War II dated roughly 1939 to 1945. The Red Baron was active during the first World War, and had absolutely no association with the Nazi Party, having died in 1918, a year before the party was established.

I'm all for jokes, but don't go slinging mud at Riot until you've got your facts straight. Not to mention that Nazi jokes aren't exactly appreciated in most places.

1234511 ... 14