A lore for Doran....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summonargh

07-21-2011

Anyone have any ideas?

DetectiveCactus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

A Mailbag of Justice article deals with his lore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journal of Justice, Issue 18
“What is the story of Doran and his trinkets that the League so frequently uses? Who was Doran? When did he live? Why did he create these items? I've always been curious as to the origins of these items I use so frequently in my matches.” – Summoner Afrasabi of Noxus

The story of Doran tugs at the heartstrings. They say Effrem E. Doran was born with a hammer in his hands and a forge in his heart. Every object he touched, he found ways to improve, and he knew that he was destined to be a brilliant artificer. At the age of 15, he was invited to the League with an offer to assume the role of Master Artificer, a dream come true and an unprecedented honor for one so young. However, fate had other plans. En route, his carriage broke an axle. When he leaned down to inspect it, he was kicked in the head by his yonkey, a stern blow. He stumbled back onto the wagon, but when he arrived at the Institute of War he was a different boy. The kick had rendered his mind soft, but it hadn’t robbed him of his passion. He still wanted nothing other than to craft, but where once he may have created singular masterpieces, he now crafted…somewhat simpler items, and many of them. He is a kind, goofy, good-hearted soul, and he takes pride in the work he does. His items are daily selected by champions on the Fields of Justice, and he has a permanent home at the Institute.

RiotRunaan

Writer

07-21-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Everything that DetectiveCactus said!

Also, it's not much, but Doran crafted the staff that Wukong weilds. : )

Manbearlove

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post

Do i see a Doran tank champion in the League in the near future?

PLEASE!

Omniarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

So he was kicked and turned ******ed. and we use his **** because the league feels sorry for him?

Amythist

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniarc View Post
So he was kicked and turned ******ed. and we use his **** because the league feels sorry for him?
more of he was kicked in in the head and went from turning out masterpieces to turning out simple good quality things. so went from painting Mona Lisa's to taking pictures for the front page of a newspaper

SMP Loops

07-21-2011

Doran, the Blacksmith of... doom... and stuff..... idk... i like it

Balrog CS

07-21-2011

I think making him morshu would be a lot more funny.

SilverOfDemacia

07-21-2011

Quote:

I don't really understand that exactly though. Doran can only create simple items now, so how was Wukong's masterpiece of a staff created by him?

Perhaps before the incident? Could this be elaborated on in his lore?

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-21-2011

Quote:

What dark powers does this "Doran" possess?!