Catch the Teemo Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScareyCarey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

So I played a Catch the Teemo match today and one thing stuck out more than anything else: people don't really know how the game should be played. Kind of a bold thing to say, sure, but below are a set of rules I copied from another forum post and they ARE accurate. I watched the Riot stream during the server split and heard the admins create the game on the fly along with the rules, so it shouldn't really be too contestable.

{rule #1: one team uses teemo
rule #2: said teemo can only buy at the very beginning of the game
rule #3: the game last 10 minutes
rule #4: the attacking team wins if they kill teemo twice within ten minutes
rule #5: the teemo cannot blue pill bak to base at any time
rule #6: the teemo CANNOT GO INVISIBLE
rule #7: the teemo can ONLY GO IN THE JUNGLE (both sides, all 4 quadrants)
rule #8: the teemo can move between the jungle sections ONLY via the river or across a lane (teemo cannot run up and down a lane, only across STRAIGHT TO THE NEXT section of jungle
rule #9: Two CV's per TEAM (added)
rule #10: champions are allowed to go wherever, they just cant farm minions or intentionally leach exp! (added)}

Of course stuff like rule #3 can be prolonged for the game to last 20 minutes, thus changing rule #4 to four kills, it's anybody's preference.

The MAIN problem was this: where can Teemo go? The biggest issue was, should Teemo be able to cross straight through mid lane between rivers? My answer is no. Rule #8 says he can cross between jungle sections and across the river/lane, but ONLY if that is going straight to the next section of a jungle. Going between rivers in mid lane isn't jungle, it's river section. I say that Teemo can cross between lanes to get into another jungle ONLY if it is between the OUTERMOST turret and the one behind it. People might argue "but I'm just going from the right to the left section of the river across middle lane, straight across, promise!" But the problem is, I've seen Teemo's linger, I've seen team fights happen because of this, and the point is to AVOID all xp and gold farming from creeps, which makes crossing in such manner counterproductive and allows room for intentional or "unintentional" cheating. PLUS, it's not too unfair because it's not like you can cross between turrets on their side without taking MAJOR damage. This is MY interpretation of the rules and I believe it to be decently accurate, but let me know what you think in the comments!

TLDR: I'm not claiming to be an expert, but here are the rules, with the main thing people need to know being that Teemo must stay in the jungle, only crossing at the river or between the OUTERMOST tower and the one behind it. This prevents confusion and is even as you can't cross between their turrets without taking damage, and they can't do the same on your side. Also NO INVISIBILITY, Teemo must be moving at all times!

Edit: Thank you everyone who has read the rules before a game with us, commented, advised me to add the last two rules, I've played two amazing consecutive CtT games now, so thanks a lot!

ScareyCarey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Bump.

Mayonnaise1

07-21-2011

I'm trying this, I'll host a room in 20 minutes. If you want to join, message mayonnaise1. And yes, I love mayo.

ScareyCarey

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonnaise1 View Post
I'm trying this, I'll host a room in 20 minutes. If you want to join, message mayonnaise1. And yes, I love mayo.
Haha alright sounds good. I hosted one myself and it seemed everyone was good on the rules, then when we got in game not five minutes into it everyone was calling everyone a cheater lol. It was COMPLETE mayhem haha.

Mayonnaise1

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareyCarey View Post
Haha alright sounds good. I hosted one myself and it seemed everyone was good on the rules, then when we got in game not five minutes into it everyone was calling everyone a cheater lol. It was COMPLETE mayhem haha.
I did "Protect the Queen" a few times, in all of the games, rules were broken. I decided to give up :L

Underdosage

07-21-2011

Best game everrr

ScareyCarey

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonnaise1 View Post
I did "Protect the Queen" a few times, in all of the games, rules were broken. I decided to give up :L
Never heard of that game before.

Mayonnaise1

07-21-2011

Nevermind guys, add Soul01ZodiacX instead.

Cuje

07-21-2011

Teemo can buy when he dies. And you can't cross from one side of the jungle to the other inbetween your mid turrets, only through the middle of the map. Also, 2 cv's per team.

Mayonnaise1

07-21-2011

Bump.