Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are you satisfied with Riot?

Yes I am satisfied. 2898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters 12563 .

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spicy McChicken

07-24-2011

Eh, I'm the typical player at this rate but I'll throw my two cents in anyway.

I voted "somewhat disappointed" Due to the fact that they are releasing NOTHING but 6300s, and wont relese anything under 4800 for another 20 champions. At which point(they reach their 100-champ mark) they slow down champ production and begin releasing some 1350s and 3150s again. I dislike the idea even though I understand the situation. Also: Server downtime for patches is intense, often taking up an entire day by itself, which kind of gets on my nerves. I do understand why they take as long as they do, some patches are painfully difficult to implement. Overall: My rating with Riot is a solid C. Not failing whatsoever, just not doing a great job. Maybe release lighter-priced champions again? Your old pricing system was based on difficulty and pub-stomp-ability, now its just 6300 no matter what. It's kind of aggravating and I(along with every other player I'm certain) would certainly enjoy more 3150s and 4800s released.
I've played this game for about 1 year and 3-4 months now, and have witnessed or know of just about everything thats happened in LoL to date. I've complained, I've been angry, and I've shouted at Riot several times over my gameplay time out of frustration for bad things they've gone through. But I know they've always fixed what they broke, every time. Why should now be any different? They try to surprise-release things instead of flat out saying "HEY GUYS! WE'RE MAKING A NEW MAP! HERE'S SOME SPOILERS!" because of very, very bad issues that tend to go wrong. Such as with Magma Chambers. But all this is beside the point. On topic: Though not even close to as high as it could(or better off SHOULD) be, I still have some faith that Riot can work out and resolve all the wrongs that need righted.

tl;dr version of my whole post:

Rating: Somewhat dissatisfied.

Reason: Server Issues, Champ prices

Dislikes: The new champ pricing method, server downtimes.

Suggestions: Revert to the old pricing method, it's seriously necessary! Nothing I can say about downtime, implementing patches has sent several Riot employees to the insane asylum already from the difficulty and amount of bugs involved in it.(jk[I hope o_O])

SakuyaSama7

07-24-2011

50% are dissatisfied. That's sad.

kofine05

07-24-2011

server disruptions can use some love. Fear of catering patch wise to the mid/low level players is an issue. Patches and balancing must be catered to the highest level of play. Changing up the meta of jungling to make it easier doesnt make much sense to me. I would rather keep it to being a difficult tactic. Its a meta change that just doesnt need to happen. If they want to add meta variety they can create new maps. That will give us more variety. I also think that each champion with a stealth mechanism needs to be re thought. I cant think of a champion with stealth as an attribute that is used at the highest level of play.

Since I started playing this game a year ago it has consistently gotten better. Champions that once were not viable such as Udyr, anne, and allistar have been retooled and given value at the highest level of play. Then again champions such as Shaco, twitch, eve, and pantheon have been changed so drastically that they are no longer viable options at the highest level of play.

Overall I am happy but we still have a ways to go riot. Again the biggest issue for me is the perception you have to cater to the mid and lower level players. That mindset needs to be changed imo.

MrChickenheart

07-24-2011

1.Unlocking stuff is expensive, and there are always leftover RP.
2.The downtime. Sometimes I can't play for 3 days and get nothing to compensate.
3. And Flash. I abuse it too, but I really hate that spell. It's ridiculous, it's a bug, and should be removed.
4. Another thing is the system to get IP. Sooooo simple ;/
Doesnt matter if you are 20/0, if u were a great supporter, if ur team won because of you, you will always get the same IP as the n00b feeder from ur team.

weecoyote

07-24-2011

Love the game and would have voted better than the dissatisfied, IF I could play the game. I have seen MANY people, including myself, post the many issues with ping. I cant play a real game because of the constant 3600 lag that pops up when it feels like and I just stand there for 3 secs and wake up dead.
PLEASE, Fix the lag issues, and introduce a new map. This is what everyone wants.
I'd like to see the poll of priority. 3 issues listed by concern value:
1) Fix ping issues
2) introduce new map
3) more new champs

kofine05

07-24-2011

bump

e7TopHatter

07-24-2011

I am entirely happy with Riot to be honest.

When I come into free games, I don't expect the game to be flawless, unbroken or balanced. I don't expect ANY patch day to last the regular 2 hours [Seriously. Go play WoW and get 40 hour patch days because they somehow nuked the servers lol], and I don't have any unrealistic expectations for a game I do not actively buy or pay a monthly fee for.

I also buy RP to support Riots efforts for the game. I'm pretty happy with how the game is to be totally honest. Granted, some champs are slightly off balance [I miss Eve. Can't wait for this rebalance], and granted, sometimes the server won't be online. I still will continue to support Riot however, until a time in which they either:

1)Sell my personal information

or

2)I get bored of league of legends.

People act all butthurt that a server might be down for long periods of time, but to be totally honest. Nothing entitles you to compensation, or even a playable game. Even buying RP doesn't entitle you to the game working. You don't HAVE to buy RP. You CAN'T be better than someone else because you HAVE RP.

All in all, I am very happy with Riot.

visitation

07-24-2011

bump. good job op

Mpalm

07-24-2011

No, too many broken promises and missing features. Where's the great replay system we were promised in beta? Clan system? Mastery remake? Magma chamber? Graphics overhaul?

They promised to price champions based on their difficulty of play but that went out the window with the "new and improved" 4800 IP price and the removal of everything under that. What a joke.

Then they reduce the amount of IP you get per game unless your games somehow last like 2 hours.

I haven't seen any real positive changes in this game in well over a year, other then 10 million new skins and new 6300 IP champions... if you can call those positive changes.

Hell, the servers are so unstable all the time it makes me wonder what their money actually goes towards. This game needs to be back like it was in Beta, when Riot gave a **** about the players.

nathelion

07-24-2011

i am satisfied what they do for us i love the champs, i love the game , less interested in the ppl but thats my personal opinion (not all ppl ofc) and im a bit less satisfied on the downtimes but well ya getting used ot it! so i guess they are doing what they can and i respect that !satisfied!