Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are you satisfied with Riot?

Yes I am satisfied. 2898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters 12563 .

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Para

07-24-2011

My opinion after only playing 2+ weeks so far.

The good:
I really enjoy the game a lot more than DotA. No creep denying has made the genre to me a lot more fun again. I like the skins as they give summoners something to customize visually. I like the persistant online mechanics as it gives the endgame some depth in what builds summoners want to play for their characters and enjoy the matchmaking system as it definitely makes finding games a lot easier. (coming from a person who had played DotA only and moving on to LoL). The staff have also proven to be very communicative with the community which is another plus.

The bad:
Technical issues with the client with Adobe AIR crashing intermittently. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=416411&page=4
Some other technicial issues with the client itself. Eg. I had this happen to me a few times where when I came back from AFK, when I got invited to an arranged team match, if the team found a game, I would not be connected to the game. I have to restart the client to be able to properly join arrange team matches.
Also some other nitpicks are the character art. This is biased opinion but I feel some of the art for characters are done 200% better on the Chinese client versus the North American client. eg. Lux classic NA vs Lux classic CN. One can also say that some CN art represents the characters better than the NA art. Take a look at Akali instead. The CN art has Akali and her skin art in different poses where the NA art looks recycled for a few of them. Not to mention Akali's CN art makes her look more like a Kunoichi where the NA art seems to depict her like a kid in a ninja suit given the pose (showing off a bit more leg makes her feel taller) and facial features (larger head and face). However like I said, this is may be my bias as I prefer the cleaner artstyle rather than the blurry kind. Not saying all the NA art is worse than CN (new Katarina NA art is very sexy).

While a new map has been promised, I think a lot of people did not realize that creating new maps aren't as simple as they think. Also the genre DotA in general has been played on the same map for the longest time. A new map is not high priority but it is nice to have.

Where's replays and observer mode? Something that should be added for sure in the future.

The ugly:
Uncommon server issues becoming common. As a new summoner and wanting to contribute to the game's evolution, it is hard to do that when you cannot even play. I bought the collector's pack because free to play games really depend on the community to support the game and to keep it going through purchases like these.

Also one needs to note the community isn't the best at times. However in a game like League of Legends which pits summoners vs summoners, the ugly will show amongst each other.

Another thing that the community doesn't seem to understand is that whenever there is a server issue, you hear cries of people saying stop working on new champions and work on the servers instead. Companies don't hire server admins overnight. And you cannot just tell a designer to go work on a server. What in the world does she/he know about server infrastructure?

Suggestions:
While skin sales are nice, I think it discourages summoners to buy skins when they're NOT on sale (especially those who are frugal). Maybe once in awhile, Riot should give everyone a limited time offer voucher which lets a summoner purchase any one skin for half price.

As for the character art, it is tricky... we could let the community decide which art they prefer through polls. It is gray area but hopefully we can come to a consensus.

Everything else we've been having problems with such as technical issues with servers and clients are self explanatory and should be fixed. The community should remember that the staff indefinitely needs the community to post their issues on the forum so they are aware of them. Riot is not a computer store so they do not have all the sufficient hardware/software to reproduce the technical issues we have (I do technical support so I have an idea what challenges this ensues).

Anyways thanks Riot for the game and I look forward in continuing support for League of Legends.

Metaphisto

07-24-2011

Currently, I selected the "somewhat satisfied" option. A couple days later I have been having a whole ton of bugs or glitches occurring, making me "somewhat dissatisfied."

In multiple games today I have died or lost kills several times because of pathing errors and getting stuck on minions or turrets. I like that I can't walk through minions and turrets, but why must they stop from moving all together? My champs cannot decide to go to the right or left of the minion or tower so he decides to walk to both sides until I die or am cut off from the fight.

These pathing errors are also just as bad, in my opinion. I was standing in my base under the middle turret farming minions until I see the enemy team going top. So I click to go to the top turret and he proceeds to walk out of the safety of the base and into the team. Yeah, I should have been watching, but I was looking to land my GP ult in the right place at the right time.

MrOrby

07-24-2011

i have been playing for more than 1 year, a friend of mine got me into this, and i got 3 of my friends into lol too.

I like how lol works, i like the champions, the skins.

i dont like the increased cost of champs, the cost of skins, the runes are waaay too expensive

im waiting for the graphical fix, the new map, spectator and all that stuff but im not EAGER to get them

my biggest concern is IP and RP prices... they are too high

Trickster Loki

07-24-2011

I'd be satisfied if they fixed the broken as all hell thing they call tanky dps. I understand how its supposed to work but when you can make a champ thats supposed to be a hybrid of two roles they should not be able to excel in both of them.

BradtheMan

07-24-2011

I voted somewhat dissatisfied.

Let me give you a background. I am a pretty big fanboy of the game. I have been playing since release and I've had many friends come over to play, even some who were sold on Heroes of bleepitybleep. I've spent hundreds of dollars on the game to support Riot as I felt they really were headed in the right direction.

However, I'm beginning to feel more and more as if we were all led astray. When the game released they promised to release champions in each pricing tier and have neglected to do so. I don't even really mind that they haven't released lesser priced champions as it really isn't an effective business model. 450 and 1350 IP champions would always be paid for with IP. However, considering that we were told one thing and have yet to be addressed by Riot on the issue, I still fault them for this. You always say you focus on the customers and I do see red posts a lot in these forums and it is refreshing. However, it's usually on topics of little importance. IE Which LoL gaming couple is the cutests, I mean come on. Yeah, that might be a fun topic for you and post in it if you want but don't ignore the major front page burning issues of these forums. I won't go into detail about them because most everyone else has already said them.

My major complaint is a step in a different direction, however. When I first started playing I bought the digital collector's pack and went nose to the grindstone playing a ton. After doing this for a week or so I had already unlocked a bunch of extra champions. Cool, right? Nope. At the time I didn't know there was a second bundle available for purchase. I would have purchased this bundle in a heartbeat as preparation to have points available for new champions and runes once I hit 30. I approached Riot about this and asked them to refund the champions I've already paid for in IP so I could purchase their bundle (Give them money!) and they refused. I feel this is unacceptable as there aren't any bundles to purchase in this game, the two that are available should be promoted and encouraged for players to buy. I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the higher IP newer champs if I hadn't paid a ton of IP for 20 champions I could have unlocked with 30 dollars. Instead, it's ~20 dollars for each new 6300 champion/skin bundle. Bad form, Riot. Those of us who have been playing a long time and getting friends involved in the game should not be punished for not having purchased a champion bundle back in the day.

metalmask

Recruiter

07-24-2011

somewhat dissatisfied, me and my friends recently stopped playing. Either this game isnt getting more entertaining or I need a small break.

Syrdust

07-24-2011

Would like more attention to balance, less attention to skins/new champs. We have PLENTY. Buff some old champs, tired of seeing champs shoe boxed because most people already own them.

BigZ135

07-24-2011

This thread explains our opinion (me and my friends) towards Riot and League of legends

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=978842

Ifridge

07-24-2011

I checked somewhat dissatisfied because I personally feel that while League of Legends is an awesome game, riot, while having done okay in the maintenance of the game, really isn't transparent enough with regards to upcoming content.

MagusBlood

07-24-2011

I have but one complaint: server stability.

Everything else is just part of maintaining a game such as this: add maps, add champions, balance champions, etc.