Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SockSniffer

07-24-2011

I really LoL and think Riot has made a great game
server downtime doesn't bug me because I understand implementing new things can take time and also has unforeseen bugs quite often

the only thing I would like more of is updates on big projects.
but these are some cool things that I also wouldn't mind seeing
I wouldn't mind seeing more events like the Noxus vs. Ioena match that they had a while ago
I also wouldn't mind seeing more things to get the community involved, like the explorer ez printout, but maybe something more substantial like giving us a few glimpses of champion concept art and allowing us to vote on what one we would like to see the most, sort of like voting on what skins we would like to see go on sale.

slippingclutch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2011

I voted "Somewhat Dissatisfied" for a few reasons:
- Since I started playing and paying attention to the new champions, the only ones that have been released were either 4800 or 6300. This just seems quite absurd without also lowering the cost of older champions (and yes, I was here when the lowered the cost of a few (three?) champions... none of them were more than 3150 if I remember correctly).

- As I started fairly late to this game, it took me quite awhile to learn what all of the champions did and which ones I may or may not like. I can only imagine starting the game now with that many more champions. This trend is apparently not going to stop and will make it even more difficult for new players to really understand what is happening and how they died/survived/whatever.

- I always thought Heroes of Newerth looked better than this game, but read about a "Shiny" update that was sure to come "soon." It has been several months and has apparently been shelved. While not a huge deal, it is fairly annoying to be told something is sure to come only to find out it may never materialize.

- The same as the above except for Magma Chamber.

I'm sure there are other minor things, but those are the bigger ones that I can think of off-hand.

Edit:
Wow, Riot actually has a filter that catches the normal workarounds to filtered words. This actually brings me to another thought:
I know that some Riot employees really try to be active in the forums, but there are a lot of very valid threads that go completely unanswered. While I do understand that some things cannot simply be shared with everyone, simply acknowledging the thread and saying they understand what the thread is detailing would go a long, long way in appeasing the masses.

N00blyRj

07-24-2011

somewhat satisified...hate the constant flow 6300 ip champs, want a new map, love the game, love how resposive riot is to the community

imfamous pidgeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2011

bumpasaursusususus

RTX Warnoise

07-24-2011

Riot staff post only on the most idiotic threads on forums.

No thoughts, rarely good personal feedbacks about certain champions...

Which means: Dissatisfied.

cft24

07-24-2011

7983 votes

Fogojam

07-24-2011

I have been playing since closed beta, and over the two years I've been playing I've logged over 4000 games. I love playing LoL and have probably played it more than any other game.

I voted that I was somewhat satisfied. That said, I am basically right on the fence and could have just as easily voted somewhat dissatisfied. I think they're a great company, but sometimes I do have questions about their priorities, and whether they really care about the player base as much as they say they do.

Here are a couple of my biggest disappointments with the game:

No team/clan support.
As of now the 5v5 premade ladder is dead. The team I play with has ratings from the 1700s to the mid 1800s and even if we queue up during peak times we still have to sit in queue upwards of 30 minutes half the time. Even once the game starts, the majority of the time we play 1500s and get 6 points or fewer for our trouble. Part of the reason for the lack of people playing the mode is because there is no in game support for forming a team. Many people want to join or form a team, but don't know how to go about it. I can't imagine this would be terribly hard to implement in a basic form, as I doubt the technical requirements are as high as something like replays or observer mode. Additionally outside of Dreamhack there are no Riot run tournaments. Sure they sponsor community tournaments with Riot points, but I think it would be awesome if they hosted weekly or bi-weekly tournaments with a modest amount of RP as a reward (think frozen throne).

S2 Soft Reset. Many people say that the majority of people against soft reset are those in sub-1200 Elo because perhaps they think they're better than they are or whatever. Despite being fairly high Elo (peaking at 2059), I would love a hard reset. It is fun and rewarding climbing the ladder and I feel like the players are being denied this fun despite polls showing some 80% of players being against soft reset. Isn't the whole point of a new season to have a fresh start? The majority of high Elo players I talk to would have preferred a hard reset and even Chauster and Bigfatjiji, who are considered some of the very best players, have said they were for a hard reset.

Misc.
Obviously I wish replays and observers would come out sooner rather than later, but at the same time I'm fine with waiting a little longer for a better product. Two years does seem to be pushing it though, and if they aren't out relatively soon it will be even more disheartening. You can only hear "Soon" so many times before losing faith, especially when the features were already supposed to be out at the start of season one, and then "sometime" in season one.

Master and Grand Master Beta icons (I'm holding a grudge on these), forum avatars, more in-game icons and the list goes on. These small improvements couldn't take long to implement but seem overdue.

DarkDestiny

07-24-2011

I'm very satisfied with how Riot goes about organizing and informing the community and I think they handle "crises" really well. However I'm not satisfied with how dreamhack was handled.

Anyways overall I think Riot is doing a good job and the people who QQ on the forums think they are entitled to perfection but no company in the world is perfect.

ForeverLurker

07-24-2011

What I want to see in the upcoming patches.

+ Voice chat support
+ New map, magma chamber hopefully
+ New buff/buffs on that map

Everything else seems to be good atm, but I'm sure we can all agree a new map is needed.

cft24

07-24-2011