How to fix FPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

Hi. My brother, my friend, and I have similar comp setups.

A few months ago we all got 60+fps in big team fights with graphics maxed.

My comp is: Average fps in base: 40. Fights 20 - 40.
1900x1800
8800 gt
c2duo@2.7
2gb 800 ram

my bro is: Average fps in base: 50. Fights 40 - 50.
1280 x 1024
9800 gt
c2duo@3.2
2gb 800 ram

my friend is: Average fps in base: 20. Fights: 10 - 20
1280 x 1024
9800 gt
2gb 800 ram

We all have no reduced performance in other games we play (SCII, L4D2, CRYSIS, MW, WC3TFT).

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

04-26-2010

Making sure you have the latest video card drivers can help, also setting your in game video to benchmark or a fixed cap can help resolve the issue.

Rajik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=82943

Been happening to a lot of us. There is some decent information in that thread, but unfortunately nothing that will probably fix the issue.

Many of us are still waiting for assistance with this issue on Riots end and so we pretty much just sit around and hope improvements come in the next patch.

Beegly Boogs

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Making sure you have the latest video card drivers can help, also setting your in game video to benchmark or a fixed cap can help resolve the issue.
I have one from a month ago. Blizzard had a sticky on their tech forums about the newest nvidia drivers and how they were frying cards so i reverted hehe.

I'll try the benchmark thing when I get home.

DJTK

04-26-2010

How do you do the benchmark thing?

Rajik

04-26-2010

Hit Escape to open up the menu options, click Video Settings. Change the top to "Custom" off of "Auto" (though I dunno if this really matters) and then look towards the bottom of the menu, you will see something to do with FPS or framerate. You can click the drop down menu and there are options such as Stable, Benchmark, High, 20, 30, etc etc.

DJTK

04-26-2010

Ahhh ok. I have my fps set to high, but I never see it go above 30 and rarely see it go above 20. Not that it's much of an issue unless its a 5v5 and there's a ton of stuff happening in the span of 5 seconds. By that time I'm dead anyways, lol.

Eambo

04-26-2010

DJTK, can I just mention that having your resolution so high could be part of the cause? My old laptop had 2x 8800M GTX's, and evcen on 1920x1200 it was pretty tough. Your width more than anything could be causing it, but I recommend testing at 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 (16:10, 16:9) to see if this improves your FPS any. Believe it or not that extra detail can lose you 20FPS without a problem, the higher the resolution the harder the card has to work.

Dm4c

07-20-2011

I have fiddled with my graphics options for in game but it all seems to do very little to help, usually I will start at 60 fps in the beginning but it drops to 30-20 then during team fights it goes down to 08-20

The Graves

07-26-2011

i have been having fps issues too. usually my fps runs a solid 60. in almost every game of LOL within the first 5 minutes my fps drops to 20 or so for a few seconds and then never happens the rest of the match and never at the same time. Its nothing to do with my hardware and seeing as a LOT of ppl are having fps issues with LOL they will hopefully fix the problem with a patch soon. And it has not always done this, this started a month or so back after one of the patches.