Cho gath, how does feast work exactly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Downa

09-07-2009

I have a question about feast and how it works when you level up the skill.
The description says this:

Instantly kills low-health target Champions (marked). Instantly kills most weak minions and monsters. Every successful Feast increases Cho'Gath's Health by an amount and enables him to Feast upon higher-Health Champions. Maximum 6 growths.
This skill is used to counter lower health champions, but also helps Cho’gath tank for his team – leaving him alive on the battlefield is a big risk!

The in-game description explains you gain a certain amount of health and that you can only grow 6 times.
However, when you level up the skill you gain more health per kill.
The question is, does the amount of health you can gain in total increase as well or is it hard capped at 6 grows?
Meaning this, is it profitable to wait with killing because you'll gain more health in total concidering that at later levels you gain more or is it simply that the total amount you can gain is upped when the skill goes up allowing you gain health even after you allready killed six times.

Im hoping somebody knows, saves the trouble of experimenting in game.

Mjollnir

09-07-2009

your health changes when you up the skill. Its calculated based on the number of stacks you have.

Your HP is like (base) + (item1) + (item 2) + (runes) + (blahblah blah) +(ConsumeValue*StacksOfConsume)

It plugs straight into the formula . So consume away!

HowlingKommando

09-07-2009

One quick tip about Feast is that you do not have to kill someone when using it for simple damage/nuke purposes. This confused me at first. You won't gain the health boost, but it does good damage, so if you're ganking, I'd just use it right away.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

I couldn't disagree more, howlingkommando. It autokills players when they have a significant amount of health remaining, and catching them off guard with it is usually quite efective.

Downa

09-07-2009

all right.
Thanks all and especially Mjollnir. This is an even better way then i would have guessed.

cheers

Zeyk

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
I couldn't disagree more, howlingkommando. It autokills players when they have a significant amount of health remaining, and catching them off guard with it is usually quite efective.
As far as I know it autokills them at low health because it does a lot of damage, whether they're hurt or not. The reason to finish them off with it is so you grow as fast as possible without wasting the cooldown.

Whiplash

09-07-2009

You want to use feast on creeps everytime it is up till you get 6 stacks. Then you can just use it to your hearts desire for ganking cause it dont matter anymore. If you think you might the guy your laning against low enough to eat then by all means save it and get a kill and feast all in one .

AI Assimilator

09-07-2009

Just a fyi. If you die you lose all stacks, but if you ress from the armour that gives the ress ability (one with angel wings) you lose 0 stacks.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

Feast deals 1,000 damage to anything that isn't a player in the game.

PhantomChaos

09-12-2009

Alright, this is what I have observed when using Feast.

A. It deals 300/550/800 damage to champions. If it kills the champion, Cho'Gath gains one Feast stack (if not max)
B. It deals 1000 damage to any creep/monster. Feast stack obviously gained (unless you decide to use it on a full health Lizard Elder or Ancient Golem...which is obviously quite stupid)
C. When you level the skill up, any Feast stacks you have will gain the additional health boost.
D. Scares the **** out of people who keep dying all of a sudden when next to a Tyranid look-a-like and teammates rant at them about literally feeding him. (sorry, I just HAD to put this in)