Mord Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirby4Life

07-21-2011

Right now im using:

9x Mag Pen Marks(Red)
9x HP/5/LV Seals(Yellow)
9x Mag Res Glyphs(Blue)
2x HP Quints(Violet)
1x Mag Pen Quint(Violet)
Total: 10 Mag Pen, 52 HP, 18 HP/5@18, 13 Mag Res

My build is:

Dorans Shield--> Sold for another situational Item but rarely happens
Ninja Tabi
Force of Nature
2x Hextech Gunblades--> Usualy game ends here
6th Situational Item

Since I dont get any other mag pen item except if I buy Abyssal Scepter as my 6th item, I was wondering If I should take off the Mag Pen runes and go with 9x AD Marks + 1x HP Quint.

Incase you were wondering my situational items were:

Abyssal Scepter (~5% If they AP heavy and we loosing)
Guardian Angel (~20% If I tend to die a lot)
Rylais Crystal Scepter (~30% If they like to run from me)
Sunfire Cape (~5% If they AD heavy and we loosing)
Warmongs Armor (~30% If I tend to die)

mallowmachine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Your Runes are OK, I personally run 2 MS Quints for Morde. (But my Rune Page isn't finished).

Get Sorc Shoes unless you really need Tabi. Morde benefits alot from Magic Pen. (His AP ratios are bad).

Why get 2 Gunblades? The active doesn't stack.

And Abyssal Sceptre is very good for Morde. It reduces enemy's magic resist (You should be doing true damage to Champs that refuse to buy Magic Resist) , gives you some good AP, and gives you some MR.

Also Warmog's is a terrible item for Morde. Never get it for him.

Rylais can help you if enemies constantly run away from you while you're attacking them.

Kirby4Life

07-21-2011

Why not get 2 gunblades?? You get AP and AD aswell as the Spellvamp and Lifesteal that stack btw. So you get 120 AD, 150 AP, 40% Lifesteal, and 50% Spellvamp. The Only other Item that gives 25% Spellvamp is Will of the Ancients and although it gives you 5 more AP It dosnt give you any AD or Lifesteal so its a waste of gold imo.

Also dId you forget that he uses HP as mana?? It doubles as a "mana/mana regen" item. Warmongs is OP with Mord especially when combined with the passive of FoN. Lets do a little math shall we?? WA gives you 920HP to start with and 450 more when maxed out. Mord starts with 421HP plus 80 per LV up ie. 920+450+421+(80x17)= 3151HP@LV18. FoN gives 0.35%HP/s so 3151x0.0035= 11HP/s now turn that to hp/5 and you get 55HP/5 + 45HP/5 from MAX Warmongs + 40HP/5 form FoN and you get 140HP/5@lv18. And thats without any runes and masteries or other items. Why not get it??

mallowmachine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby4Life View Post
Why not get 2 gunblades?? You get AP and AD aswell as the Spellvamp and Lifesteal that stack btw. So you get 120 AD, 150 AP, 40% Lifesteal, and 50% Spellvamp. The Only other Item that gives 25% Spellvamp is Will of the Ancients and although it gives you 5 more AP It dosnt give you any AD or Lifesteal so its a waste of gold imo.

Also dId you forget that he uses HP as mana?? It doubles as a "mana/mana regen" item. Warmongs is OP with Mord especially when combined with the passive of FoN. Lets do a little math shall we?? WA gives you 920HP to start with and 450 more when maxed out. Mord starts with 421HP plus 80 per LV up ie. 920+450+421+(80x17)= 3151HP@LV18. FoN gives 0.35%HP/s so 3151x0.0035= 11HP/s now turn that to hp/5 and you get 55HP/5 + 45HP/5 from MAX Warmongs + 40HP/5 form FoN and you get 140HP/5@lv18. And thats without any runes and masteries or other items. Why not get it??
Get a Rylai's instead of another Gunblade. Morde relies more on Spells rather than Autoattacking. Plus Rylai's allows him to continually deal damage with his Creeping Death to the enemy (15% permaslow FTW). You still have Gunblade's slow, so that's still a plus if you need to get more in range.

HP Regen is useless during fights, it's only good if you walk out of one and wait 30 seconds. And you do know that FoN already gives sufficient Regen for Morde? If you blast out all your spells, you still get to full health in 5 seconds (provided you didn't get attacked). Warmogs is certainly not OP (on Morde). If you want Health and HP regen get Randuin's Omen, it's heaps better than Warmogs, AND it gives Armor. Plus it's super strong against auto-attacking champs.

Xtractor

07-21-2011

i run mana regen /5 yellows cause i can.