Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Raising rating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiffy McBang

07-20-2011

I have about a .500 record in regular games. Obviously just being better in general helps you win games to bump that up, but part of the problem for me is that I've just returned to the game after several months away and the only character I can still play pretty well is Sona. She's great, but she's so support-oriented that I can't really put a team on my back and carry it to a win. And then playing her becomes frustrating because the teams I'm on tend to fluctuate wildly from good to awful.

So if I wanted to punch my rating up some, what kinds of characters- or, better yet, specific characters- would be good for me to work on? I used to kind of be able to do it with Tris and Annie, but I'm still rusty. And so many characters are new to me that I could use some advice on which ones might be best for this.

FWIW, I know the obvious answer to this would be "play a carry", but there are definitely champs who are not carries but played well can run roughshod over another team.

w3ak

07-20-2011

Learn to play a champ from every role. Fill in the missing role from your team. Most likely this will mean you need to play a jungler. Pick up Warwick. Gank well, win games for your team.

Vlyigi

07-20-2011

If you want to raise your normal record without any care whatsoever to ranked skill, pick a pubstomper. Katarina is a good one.