Twisted Fate - Gold Card and buildings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salacavalini

05-22-2010

When Twisted Fate uses Pick a Card and chooses the Gold Card, his next auto-attack will cause a loud sound similar to dropping a cardboard box full of expensive, fragile china onto a hard surface.

Now, since PaC is an ability and thus comes with a cooldown, and with all cards being useful these days, this would normally not be an issue, however...

Cards do not trigger on buildings. The unfortunate downside to this is that the loud CRASH sound will play every single time whenever TF attacks a building while the Gold Card icon is over his head, such as an Inhibitor, but the effect is not consumed and will play again on his next attack, and the next, and the next - now, take into consideration how every single TF these days builds for attack speed, and you can surely understand how this can be quite headache-inducing.

Would it be possible to change it so the Gold Card only plays the sound when attacking targets it can actually trigger against? I'm not sure whether this is something the audio guys have control over or not, to be honest, but since it's the loud and repeating sound that's bugging me I figured I'd post it here.
Alternatively, make the sound less loud/glassy.

I'd hate to have to disable all sound effects just because of one specific character using one specific ability, to avoid migraines.

Kriptini

05-22-2010

No. I love this sound. =D

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

05-24-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We got a fix for this working. It's doubtful it will be in the upcoming patch because it is already so far along, but it will be no later than patch following it.

Thanks for the heads up, this was a great catch!

Edit: Actually we snuck it into this upcoming patch, so you should have the fix soon.

Tolfor

06-04-2010

****it, Salacavalini, why'd you have to tip them off? I love this bug. D:

Salacavalini

06-10-2010

Slightly less annoying, but Kennen's Electrical Surge passive effect also plays its electrical proc noise on buildings each time he attacks them.

Granted, I think -all- of Kennen's sounds are a bit too loud, but maybe that's just me.