Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amumu on Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sanarothe

04-25-2010

Hi. Looking for some feedback in terms of the viability of Amumu on TT. I feel like he's not going to be that strong unless I get some good CDR since the map is so small, as his ult has a massive cooldown. He also is generally pretty weak earlygame and only really has the stun going for him.

Anyone played him and have thoughts?

JacobWizard

04-25-2010

His ult is still amazing provided you have a good team that can take advantage of it, but the problem is that it's on too long of a CD and fights are going on too frequently for it to be used as often as you need it, making amumu a lot less useful.

I don't think I've seen any more than two though. So it's hard to talk from experience and not theory. But I'm rather sure that the theory works in practice in this particular situation.

Edit: also, CDR items would make him less of a tank and easy to just focus and kill.

Ebonclaw

04-25-2010

The upcoming patch changes Curse into a true Stun. I tried him on TT, and he felt very weak, but with the new tweaks, he may be a bit more viable.

NaiiChai

04-25-2010

i've seen him be reeeally powerful, but also seen him really ****ty lol.
the good one was building mainly ap + defense against our team, and just skill shotting with stun a lot :x
and crying
but yeah i think he mainly relies on Q for it, and isn't that great on TT
:X

Mr Geppetto

04-25-2010

Never seen him played outside of rifts, but I feel like you already know the answer to this.

IceDive

04-26-2010

The stun is not going to be in next patch, if it will ever come at all. I read a shurelia post about it on tr forum

Minipsych

04-25-2011

I have been playing Amumu in 3's normal match last few days.. running premades with Heimerdinger and Ashe... we went 11-1 in one day.. the lost due to power loss in the house..
With the correct build and smart gameplay, end game is all that matters with TT.. I have no problem tanking all 3 people while my teammates help burn them down to score the ace to push... I have been running 0/17/13 masteries.. NO POINTS IN DODGE.. You want to get hit for you tantrum cdr... Summoner abilities I run Revive and Clarity.. they say this is a big NO NO. but it has saved us from getting aced several times..

LaughingWalrus

04-25-2011

Too much tanky, not enough dps-y.
Same problem occurs with shen.

Haven't tried jungling him, but I suspect he'd run into mana problems too quickly.

All in all, not an awful pick, but not your first choice if you'd want to seriously get auto-win.

Minipsych

04-25-2011

serious auto win? lol. 2 sunfire capes and your ult. destroys the enemy and sets up for an ace... plz explain the wrong logic in that

ObeyTheHypnoToad

04-25-2011

Quote:
Minipsych:
serious auto win? lol. 2 sunfire capes and your ult. destroys the enemy and sets up for an ace... plz explain the wrong logic in that

Sunfire's no longer stack...