Why Evelyn not high level champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cH053n

09-08-2009

It's obvious when people can see stealth, if they running towards they probably can see you

Just stick with team and attack at the right moment is all it takes.

KeitMacheen

09-08-2009

Evelyn's damage potential irregardless of her sneakiness makes her viable plain and simple. Massed AP + (the item which adds ur AP to ur attack damage on cast) = you're doing insane damage while spamming her nuke and melee attacking.

Lolex

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins View Post
lol still Eve is like rikimaru in competitive play an assassin that sneaks out in a fight and kill the support when all are agresed on the tank,so does evelyn like a played a game they were flaming me for playing her coz she is OP.. lol and they all had elixir of oracle but still in team fight i was taking them down really easy while they were fighting i was sneaking beinhd and killing soraka in 3 hits
Nuff said, qft.

Gimpb

09-08-2009

If you run around trying to be sneaky when it's obviously not going to work due to an elixir then dur... that's not going to work.

All an elixir does is disable one part of one of your abilities when you're near one of their players. It's not the end of the world and I certainly wouldn't call that a "hard counter". It's like buying mercury treads, it decreases the effect of disable abilities but it's not a hard counter to anything.

I'm not commenting on her effectiveness in high level play, just saying that detect stealth is not that big a deal. It's not like dota where you could *poof* disapear if they didn't have a gem.

Nex Sanctum

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpb View Post
If you run around trying to be sneaky when it's obviously not going to work due to an elixir then dur... that's not going to work.

All an elixir does is disable one part of one of your abilities when you're near one of their players. It's not the end of the world and I certainly wouldn't call that a "hard counter". It's like buying mercury treads, it decreases the effect of disable abilities but it's not a hard counter to anything.

I'm not commenting on her effectiveness in high level play, just saying that detect stealth is not that big a deal. It's not like dota where you could *poof* disapear if they didn't have a gem.
The main argument against that is that Evelynn being sneaky is about 50% of her effectiveness. In the timeframe that the stealth stun lasts, Eve can knock off over half of a champions health while they can do nothing. In a "fair" fight, Evelynn is much more vulnerable.

dollface

09-08-2009

Honestly I have rarely ever had a "fair" fight with Evelynn, there is just so much in her grab bag of goodies that having stealth detection just doesnt cut it. Besides the cost of the potion and ensuring that you remain alive the entire time it seems like when you do get a good chance at killing here most competent players have their "get out of jail free cards" handy, healing and flashing away. As a tank I could do nothing to her most games because I knew buying the potion was pointless for me, after I bought she just went a different lane and killed champions there, late game we moved in groups so much that when we did fight most people would target me, resulting in my death and another 450 gold spent on the potion. What I dont understand is why it cost so much for stealth detection even though it really only effects two characters in the game, would it completely ruin them to make stealth detection a bit cheaper, it would certainly cut down on the OP comments about both champions.

Krom

09-09-2009

I think a lot of this feeling about Eve at higher ELO's is leftover from when Clairvoyance was OP and everyone ran with it.

Now that its been made almost worthless Eve is back to killing kids, with or without pots. Well, the good players are anyway.

SlyGoat

09-09-2009

It can be done. Incredible DPS potential. Honestly Evelynn's insane DPS potential means it could be a competitive monster when played right, despite the drawbacks of being stealth based and frail. For example, as much as a comparison can be made between LoL and DotA, coL had two very good players (Fear and ezy) who crushed teams with Clinkz when the hero wasn't seen as competitively viable otherwise.

Foreshadowed

09-09-2009

Jungle Evelyn works very well in the top tier albeit Jungle Twitch works better