[Champion Concept] Annalyn, the Steel Juggernaut

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Pengo

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoing View Post
To the people who object to the low ratios, congrats. You are missing the point of the champion entirely. The ratios aren't changing, although I'm up for negotiation on the base damage.

I have never had to tower hug when fighting enemy Anivias, and getting stunned sets up her Frostbite. Annalyn does not have Anivia's ridiculous burst damage or Caitlyn's ridiculous range. If you have to run backward instead of to the side to avoid the shot, you are playing incorrectly.

It IS possible play her a different way - exploit the flare and armor reduction and go AD carry. 550 range is not an inconsiderable amount.

To Mr. The Pengo? Your post was not terribly helpful; would you like to be more specific?

To Mr. Ikarikun2015, doing so makes her one of those disgusting homogenized champions we're getting instead of the specialized champions back in the original 40. I don't like that. In addition, that would make her Q idiotic; 80 base damage at level 1 from hitting with the cannonball and the explosion is only slightly better than the damage done by Anivia's Flash Frost from either getting touched by it or having it explode on you (which stuns). The high damage is to offset the ridiculous startup time.

I'll go change the Q and E a bit. Thank you for your criticism.
You don't get it there is just to much damage being done by her you need to balance the damage she does!

Echoing

07-20-2011

Yes, perhaps if you spammed right-click and nothing else and didn't bother to build a token amount of MR (Mercury's Treads? It DOES reduce the duration of CC effects like, oh, I don't know, taunts?), she would do a lot of damage. Simply moving around ruins both of her skills. I already took the damage on her Q down, what more do you want?

The Pengo

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoing View Post
Yes, perhaps if you spammed right-click and nothing else and didn't bother to build a token amount of MR (Mercury's Treads? It DOES reduce the duration of CC effects like, oh, I don't know, taunts?), she would do a lot of damage. Simply moving around ruins both of her skills. I already took the damage on her Q down, what more do you want?
make the damaged reduced through each unit it passes through.

Echoing

07-20-2011

Nah. Cait does that because her Q scales off total AD. It doesn't make any sense to do that and make it weaker than it already is right now.

Aetherspawn

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pengo View Post
You don't get it there is just to much damage being done by her you need to balance the damage she does!
She has high base damage but poor ratios (100 AP only adds UP TO 40 damage on Q provided you hit with both parts of it). That's the point. You can't bring out her full potential by building tanky AP or something along those lines. She is supposed to be a tank, a pure tank, who goes in, draws the enemies' attention, and keeps that attention focused on her. Personally, I like the idea. If you don't kill her, she will help her team (through damage and some debuffs) do enough damage to kill yours. Sounds like what I want in my tank.

If her Q is going as fast as Anivia's Flash Frost, then it'll be really easy to dodge. Flash Frost moves pretty slow and Breaker Blast has a charge up time included. Any good enemy should be laughing at you for trying to hit them with it. It's seems like it's meant more for teamfights and farms than harassing enemies in the lane.

Her R is very interesting. You can run and stop attacking, preventing the damage and armor reduction. Or you can stay in the blast radius, keep attacking but lose health and armor. Either way, it forces you into a situation you probably don't want to be in, which is probably what it's intended to do. It's a great ability, giving her some damage along with more ways to support the team as a whole. And the high mana cost punishes you for spamming it since Annalyn has terrible mana reserves.

Lord Typh

07-20-2011

Looks pretty good, from what I see. Your mana's going to never going to reach past 600 without some mana. And the low cooldown shoots down increased mana regen. That's for the ultimate. For the Q, just shooting off one shot at level 1 will BREAK YOU if used wrong. It's not an ability to start out with at all. You're more going to want to grab Target Flare or Provoke and just stay at range. SAve getting the Q for later. She seems like a more difficult character to use, though, due to the fact that she's heavilly reliant on others for damage. She wont' reach her full potential without some mana items either, even playing full tank. She's basically support and tank together, it seems. Support in the 'debuff' sense, that is. And I guess that's how tanks work to begin with. They help their allies and take the dmaage from attacks.

Aetherspawn

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Typh View Post
For the Q, just shooting off one shot at level 1 will BREAK YOU if used wrong. It's not an ability to start out with at all.
Yeah. That's definitely true. At level 1, her Q would take out about half your mana, and there's no guarantee you'll hit. And you're right about the mana problems. She'll need something to keep her going or she'll run dry 5 seconds into a teamfight. Frozen Heart would definitely be recommended on her (mana and armor plus a debuff).

Aetherspawn

07-21-2011

Bump.

Echoing

07-22-2011

Where's the interest? Ker-BUMP!

HskOrphen

08-03-2011

the amount of thought that goes into your work is amazing, you pretty much taken care of everything. I honestly cant give you anything but my sincerest admiration, i hope to see a some kind of image as to how Annalyn looks like, other then that bravo.