What would be a good Kat build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roniDakin

07-08-2011

One of my favorite charatars to play is katarina I know she is mostly AP but what else can i do with her???

Titanic3

07-08-2011

Sorc Shoes
Banshee's Veil
Rylai's
Rabadon's
Abyssal Scepter/Zhoyna's (depending on their team)
Hextech Gunblade

You won't be able to finish the entire build most of the time, (stops usually at Rabadon's) But when you do, you do buttloads of damage and have tons of survivability.

Etherimp

07-08-2011

Honestly, build any AP then press R and Triple kill.

concretebuddha

07-08-2011

What I do:

start with regrowth pendant
merc treads
force of nature
rylai's
abyssal scepter
rabadon's

Why do I do this?

Instead of playing Kat as wet tissue burst damage, I prefer poking and harassing. Sustainable pushes FTW.

KrAzEiT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

07-19-2011

I have a pretty solid Kat build. I start with a Dorans for staying power. Preceding that I get a Hextech Revolver into Gunblade. After Gunblade, I like to get a Mejais, since ur combo of W + E + Gunblade + Ult makes a very potent burst, thus netting kills becomes easy. After Hextech/Mejais, I either go for Rylais/Sorc boots, depending on their Mresist. But I get these two items before I move onto a Rabadons. Basically, my method to Kat is to empower her ult as much as possible, with 2x slows. PS: I usually get exhaust nite/port/flash with her.
And my skill build is Blade/Shunpo Blade/Shuno Blade Spell Steroid Blade Ult Blade Shunpo Blade Shunpo Shunpo Ult Shunpo Shunpo Steroid Steroid Ult Steroid Steroid
Runes is idk. I barely reached 21, but I would guess AP/hp.

Quiksmith

07-20-2011

Check my profile for ranked stats with Kat.....easily my main character played with a 60% win on ranked....prob 70% in normal (less counters). Before I used the following build the number one reason I would get "shut down" was magic resist...not interupts ...
Runes:
magic pen red
Health regen per lvl yellow (this is key provides lane staying power with dorans shield)
Ap per lvl blue
magic pen quints

Masteries 21/6/3

Grab improved ignite/ghost, don't grab anything crit related.....grab the 15% magic pen, grab the 3 extra dmv (for BB and ult), grab the 5% extra dmg, and both 3 point resistances.....extras that are meh are armor pen and attack speed (only really helps with early farming). Also the 3points of health/mama regen....more health regen for lane staying power.

Build: Note.....this is ideally what would happpen....obviously will change according to situation
Dorans shield
1st time back 1200g get sorc shoes....(speed advantage and you now have 34 magic pen....doing straight damage to alot of champs this early)
First decision: rylais or haunting guise.....if after your sorc boots you still need more magic pen to cover opponents in your lane and adjacent lanes get HG. (Always monitor opponent's magic resist, try to stay ahead of the oppositions resistances) Otherwise rush rylais.
Next get rylais/abyssal scepters.....everygame....no matter what....these provide survivability damage and alot of utility....
Decision# 2: HG, sunfire cape, or rabadons deathcap.....basically if you need more survivability (you are getting focused....hard) I recommend sunfire, it utilizes your magic pen and provides excellent armor and health. Deathcap is an amazing item (op imo) but does come at a price...takes a while to build that gold and during that time the enemy probably built alot of magic resist. If you didn't buy HG early and the enemies are just outside ur magic pen....ie 100 magic resist or less get this item...u will have 74 magic pen plus 15% debuff (masteries). This will fully cover any squishy with just a banshees.
After that its up to you!
Guardians void staff (sell HG if u have it) and hourglass are great items too.

Othernote: due to passive CDR is overrated....only get blue elixir and ocasional golem for CDR.

Have fun hope that helps

Written from my Motorola Atrix 4g apologies for the errors/readability

NovaStar21

07-20-2011

I start with boots and 3 health pots
Then I build Soulstealer and Sorc Shoes

After that Deathcap and Rylai's, followed by Abyssal

After that it's your choice depending on game situation but usually I try and go something to give more AP.

kentuckychicken

07-20-2011

1. Doran Ring
2. Sorc Shoe
3. Hexblade (sell Doran while making it)
4. Mejai
5. Rylais or Rabadon (depend if enemies do high damage or no)
Then all Rabadons.