Mid-game Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cakevon

07-20-2011

i've been trying out AP and i prefer AD tbh. It's just a better fit for me i think. Though i guess i SHOULD learn to do both

Thanks FrostMjolnir. i'll be updating with my change of playstyles soon

Also, i'm assuming there are good lane partners for her where if i leave the lane, they will be okay 2v1?

FrostMjolnir

07-20-2011

Poppy actually works better in a duo lane than ganking., due to the situational CC.

Your laner partner should be a good harasser, or someone with good CC.

Your partner harass, weak then, you finish with charge and blow.

Get ignite as your main summoner spell, to be more sucessful with the kills!

Note: Everything procs with poppys ult! Spells, Deathfire Grasp, Ignite. use everything to secure a kill, you need it.

Cakevon

07-20-2011

yeah i use ghost/ignite atm.

Ellye

07-21-2011

Quote:
Why not sorc boots?

Simply because you will not be getting a Void Staff most times as AD Poppy. Sorc boots penetrate 20 points of MR, and is only really good in the early stages of the game. Once anyone gets a Merc threads, they negate that pentration already. Also, most squishy carries (AP or AD) like to get BV as a standard durability item, and that will really make the bonus you get from Sorc boots almost worthless. Sorc boots + Void Staff is decent as the % penetration is calculated before the flat penetration.
This is incorrect, actually.
When you have % Magic Penetration, it is calculated after the flat decrease, so they don't "fully" stack (it's still decent to have both against heavy MRes targets).
Also, your target getting some Magic Resist does not really "negate" Sorc Shoes.
If you don't have Sorc Shoes, you might be bashing against a target with 70~ MRes, dealing 58,8% of your full damage.
If you have Sorc Shoes, you'd be bashing against a target with 50~ MRes, dealing 66,6% of your full damage.
That's a 13,2% increase in the actual damage you dealt with your E and your Q, and usually I see Poppy's targets vaporizing with her E->Q combo - which is her goal. I don't see Poppy auto-attacking much, and I don't really think she should.

But if your playstyle do lead you to auto-attack with Poppy, than yes, Berserk Boots will be more effective over time as you bash your target.
And Mercury Threads should always be an option, but remember that you also can use your ultimate on a target with little or no CC to protect you from it (and you even attack someone else meanwhile).