Armor Pentration Boots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rightcoast

04-25-2010

Ok, so before anybody flames me for this... I feel like tanks are very hard to kill late game. There's Magic Pen Boots, so why not make armor pen boots?? I think it wouldn't be imba, it would make the game more balanced. I mean there's only like 4 armor pen items in the game and you lose a ton of dps if you just get those items. Any feedback?

Xalus

04-25-2010

No. Last Whisper rapes the ********* out of tanks already. In fact, last whisper needs a god**** nerf if I do say so myself.

Longshot405

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2010

I don't think there is any reason to have Armor Pen Boots. There are plenty of items that can help take out tanks late game. Compared to the amount of other Armor Pen items, i don't think a tiny amount of armor pen coming from a pair of boots is going to make much of a difference. You just need to invest in getting either a Madred's Bloodrazer (for physical a physical DPS champ) or a Deathfire Grasp (if you're a mage or AP champ). those items can really help take down that tank if you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalus View Post
No. Last Whisper rapes the ********* out of tanks already. In fact, last whisper needs a god**** nerf if I do say so myself.
I think you're over reacting there just a bit pal. Sure Last Whisper gives good Armor Pen, but in no way is it anywhere near broken. It's a cheap means of helping get a bit through someone who is stacking far too much armor. If Last Whisper is REALLY doing that big of a number on you, you're either:

1) Completely ignoring the other items that champion is carrying that might also be a reason for why you're dying so fast (Black Cleaver, IE, Madred's, etc.)

2) Stacking far too much armor for your own good (instead of getting a bit of HP as well), and as such, indirectly increasing the effectiveness of Last Whisper.

3) Not realizing that your death is actually coming from magic damage instead of physical damage (which should be fairly obvious, so i'll rule this out in your case).

OR

4) Being way too reckless, and blaming an item instead of yourself (which i'm NOT saying this is true, i just know that some people out there are known to do this).

Rightcoast

04-25-2010

Good points, but why are there magic pen boots?? There's plenty of magic penetration items like void staff is equivalent to last whisper (even though it may be a little bit more expensive).

Marokeas

04-25-2010

there are 3 magic pen items i think
Haunting Guise
Void Staff
and sorc boots

Those are the only ones i know, point me out if im wrong?

Mega Gnar Top

04-26-2010

Magic Pen:

Sorc Boots
Guise
Void Staff
Runes + 15% masteries

Armor Pen

Black Cleaver (12 per hit stacking to 60)
Last Whisper
SoTD (proc)
Brutalizer
Runes + 6 masteries (more with runes than magic pen)

This is why there are no armor pen boots...there is enough armor pen in the game already

DeathWingSC

04-26-2010

Everyone simply rejects Abyssal Scepter? I see how it is...

IceDive

04-26-2010

Berserker's greaves should have Armor Pen instead of IAS to be usefull.

KeVoN xD

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglytractor View Post
Magic Pen:

Sorc Boots
Guise
Void Staff
Runes + 15% masteries

Armor Pen

Black Cleaver (12 per hit stacking to 60)
Last Whisper
SoTD (proc)
Brutalizer
Runes + 6 masteries (more with runes than magic pen)

This is why there are no armor pen boots...there is enough armor pen in the game already
Starks fervor has armor pen (-armor debuf ^^)
And abysal scepter too ahs magical pen (-rm debuff ^^)

For melee you have berseker, wich is 20% more dps...

And if the yumumus ghostblade get released you wil have another amor pen item

FABIOForever

04-27-2010

There are already enough armor penetration items in the game. Enough that if you really wanted to you could reduce almost everyone in the game to zero armor. Why would you need any more than that? Adding another cheap early armor penetration armor would make people go back to not even bothering and just stacking health again.

There are simply less items that penetrate magic resist. Boots happen to be one of the 4.