Aegis of the Legion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Sovereign

07-20-2011

Why is this item good? I'm not saying it's not by any means, but rather I just don't really understand what makes it good. I am probably overlooking the usefulness of the Allied Minions buff. Please explain to me why this is in DanDinh's jungle amumu guide.

Thank's also good morning

Ujeye

07-20-2011

Aegis of the Legion provides balanced defense, +hp, and +damage. The aura allows portions of the benefits to go to your allies. As an early game defensive item, the aura and extra durability can help lead to a successful early team fight due to your team being more durable.

Werevark

07-20-2011

This is something that raises my eyebrows too. The numbers it gives to allies are really low for their respective situations, 8 damage is tiny, 12 armor isn't that good either, considering that auto-attacks happen so fast with a well coordinated opponent; only the 15 MR for me is solid. I think it's good for the person wearing it, and the aura is really only seen as a bonus. I kinda don't see it as being worth it's cost, when there are better items out there for cheaper or similar prices.

Frost Sovereign

07-20-2011

oh I was just being dumb and not considering that the unique buff applies to allied champions as well

for some reason I thought it said minions

FaerellG

07-20-2011

It used to apply to Minions as well, at such a time it was a godly split-pushing item. Now, it's beginning to look less appealing. It's still a good and cost efficient item though.

MolotovCaveat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

The aura applies to the person carrying the Item, too. As of a recent patch Item auras no longer affect Minions unless they specifically say that they do. Aegis of the Legion (AotL) doesn't affect Minions anymore.

There are two reasons why AotL is a really good piece of gear:

First: If you do some boring-but-simple math you can figure out how much benefit you get from Items per-Gold you spend on them. AotL is one of the least expensive pieces of Tank gear, & (for the amount of Gold you're spending) is actually worth the cost just for the bonuses you get on yourself. When you consider that the benefits of the aura also help your allies AotL is one of the best defensive Items.

Second: There are only two Items in the entire game that give you both Armor & Magic Resistance. One of them is Guardian Angel. The other is AotL. Of the two only AotL gives you bonus damage & Health. Despite that fact AotL is also less expensive.

GrignardTS

07-20-2011

For only 1900 gold, you get Hp, Armor, MR, and AD, while also giving your entire team a small Armor, MR, and AD buff.

Sounds good to me.

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

The Aegis is incredibly balanced.

It's the best way to start getting Tanky on a Tank.

It gives you 270 HP, 30 Armor, 39 MR, and 8 AD.

tumultuoustempus

07-20-2011

As others have mentioned, it's a matter of stat efficiency per gold spent. In that regard, it's one of, if not the best item in the game. If you're looking to buff a specific stat (armor, MR, hp, etc.) to help in a certain situation, it's probably not the best choice, but in general it's a very solid item.

Degato

07-20-2011

Love the Aegis on Urgot, it's always my 4th item. It's cheap and provides a bunch of buffs, the fact it adds some loving for your team is icing on the cake.