Raging at people is not part of the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7X Antagonist View Post
If you can't handle a few words on an computer screen without actual face to face interaction you have serious confidence issues.
It's not about "handling" computer words. I don't care if someone says stupid things, people have been saying stupid things since language showed up on the face of the earth.

It's about someone not playing properly or making your team not play properly BECAUSE they are raging. If some moron is repeatedly typing "GOD you guys are so STUPID WTF are you doing" "KILL MORE THINGS" "WHY DONT YOU CHASE WTF" "/all lol my team is so stupid gggggggggggggggg", he's not playing the game properly.

If he is not playing properly and starts to type, rage, afk, or do idiot things to not play properly, now my *team* will also start to do these same stupid things, either replying back to him, getting caught in fights because he's *****ing so much, not being able to win fights because he's not there or runs ahead like a crazed albatross and dies trying to get a kill, or because he's not playing properly and putting down wards.

Face it. When someone starts to rage, they become a worse player. Raging doesn't make you better. It makes you worse. It takes away your concentration on the game, it hurts your teammates playing ability, it makes your team lose. Yet, some people still live in this fantasy world where hey, if you're angry about something, you should YELL AS LOUD AS YOU CAN AT YOUR TEAMMATES because this will magically improve everyone's playing ability, knowing that you're pissed as hell and not gonna take it any more.

News flash: It doesn't. You just lose more.

Where the hell have people ever seen a professional athlete become better at what he's doing because he's pissed off and swearing? I always wonder that. There is no sport, activity, or game in the world that you become better at by being angry, unless your profession is a berserker and you wield a giant claymore and cut off the heads of your enemies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadyLothiriel

Senior Member

07-21-2011

Quote:
Face it. When someone starts to rage, they become a worse player. Raging doesn't make you better. It makes you worse. It takes away your concentration on the game, it hurts your teammates playing ability, it makes your team lose. Yet, some people still live in this fantasy world where hey, if you're angry about something, you should YELL AS LOUD AS YOU CAN AT YOUR TEAMMATES because this will magically improve everyone's playing ability, knowing that you're pissed as hell and not gonna take it any more.

News flash: It doesn't. You just lose more.
This.

And:

Quote:
unless your profession is a berserker and you wield a giant claymore and cut off the heads of your enemies
Even then, keeping cool might enable you to cut off more heads.

There is just a thin line between doing something with a passion and getting emotionally involved to a certain extent and completely losing it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

Senior Member

07-21-2011

Great players get passionate about a great many things. A great coach will bawl out players losing the game and say what they need to do better. If a teammate isn't playing to the best of their ability, another teammate might hustle and get him to up his game.

No game was ever won because their teammate called them a "****ing f4g noob" or proceeded to ***** at them for the rest of the game because of something they did in the first 10 minutes of the game. Ever.

To those who say they're passionate about the game? Well ****, so am I, so I focus on the game and play it to the best of my ability. I don't focus on complaining about my teammates and if you are doing so, you are doing it wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OfficerCautious

Member

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
It's not about "handling" computer words. I don't care if someone says stupid things, people have been saying stupid things since language showed up on the face of the earth.

It's about someone not playing properly or making your team not play properly BECAUSE they are raging. If some moron is repeatedly typing "GOD you guys are so STUPID WTF are you doing" "KILL MORE THINGS" "WHY DONT YOU CHASE WTF" "/all lol my team is so stupid gggggggggggggggg", he's not playing the game properly.

If he is not playing properly and starts to type, rage, afk, or do idiot things to not play properly, now my *team* will also start to do these same stupid things, either replying back to him, getting caught in fights because he's *****ing so much, not being able to win fights because he's not there or runs ahead like a crazed albatross and dies trying to get a kill, or because he's not playing properly and putting down wards.

Face it. When someone starts to rage, they become a worse player. Raging doesn't make you better. It makes you worse. It takes away your concentration on the game, it hurts your teammates playing ability, it makes your team lose. Yet, some people still live in this fantasy world where hey, if you're angry about something, you should YELL AS LOUD AS YOU CAN AT YOUR TEAMMATES because this will magically improve everyone's playing ability, knowing that you're pissed as hell and not gonna take it any more.

News flash: It doesn't. You just lose more.

Where the hell have people ever seen a professional athlete become better at what he's doing because he's pissed off and swearing? I always wonder that. There is no sport, activity, or game in the world that you become better at by being angry, unless your profession is a berserker and you wield a giant claymore and cut off the heads of your enemies.
Excuse me but who are you to tell others how to play the game? There is no "proper" way to play this game. People choose to play the game the way they want to and if raging is part of that so be it. You just gotta learn to either combat that, learn to deal with it, or cry like EVERYONE else in the tribunal.

As for raging making someone do worse I have a specific form of yelling at people that actually makes my team do better. You see instead of making fun of my team I make fun of the other team causing them to make stupid mistakes and go all out to kill me. You should try it sometimes it is very effective.

Another thing is anger actually drives a player to become more focused and geared toward achieving a goal. Sure yelling at teammates isn't so great but if it gets everyone in the mood to really focus on the game and put in their all then it is worth it.

Now before you start to cry about this and that please do not string me out as some rule breaking maniac just for stating a few opinions that I have have on the forums.

P.S. All players that play Olaf should be ragers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OfficerCautious

Member

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Uprising View Post
Are you guys new to the internet or something? I mean its just bizarre you think you can police the internet just like IRL for indecency. There's no ESRB rating for online interactions for a reason.

Not saying you can't reduce the amount of ragers but at what cost? It seems like a futile attempt at making a difference that will probably have a negative consequence, because, hey, there's a large ton of people in LoL that regularly rage b/c that's part of internet culture. You going to ban them all? For what? I mean the people not exposed to the rage and trolling will be exposed to it in ALL OTHER CORNERS OF THE INTERNET. You can either, A try and change the internet one game at a time, or B, grow up and deal with it...
The are either too naive, ignorant, or blinded by pure optimism itself to see the truth. I wouldn't give this particular poster too much thought since he doesn't seem to be the kind to be wavered by logic and reason. ie Methelod


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

Senior Member

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7X Antagonist View Post
The are either too naive, ignorant, or blinded by pure optimism itself to see the truth. I wouldn't give this particular poster too much thought since he doesn't seem to be the kind to be wavered by logic and reason. ie Methelod
No, I do change by arguments using logic and reason, look at my discussions with Zeus when they are intelligent, my posts take in his complaints and make reasonable changes based on the stuff he says that actually makes sense. You don't use logic and reason and ignore everything I have said, there is raging then there is not contributing to the game. In the end, its a game! In the NFL or professional sports as you two idiots bring up, there are much higher stakes riding on every game, at the very least your reputation which could affect you getting picked next year so if someone messes up, they'll be told so but at least they get told how they messed up and how to fix it. Except that all of this post will be ignored and you claim that I want to completely eliminate raging. Also if your going to be an ass and cause a personal attack at least fill it with the normal bull**** you do, I find it entertaining.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OfficerCautious

Member

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
No, I do change by arguments using logic and reason, look at my discussions with Zeus when they are intelligent, my posts take in his complaints and make reasonable changes based on the stuff he says that actually makes sense. You don't use logic and reason and ignore everything I have said, there is raging then there is not contributing to the game. In the end, its a game! , there are much higher stakes riding on every game, at the very least your reputation which could affect you getting picked next year so if someone messes up, they'll be told so but at least they get told how they messed up and how to fix it. Except that all of this post will be ignored and you claim that I want to completely eliminate raging. Also if your going to be an ass and cause a personal attack at least fill it with the normal bull**** you do, I find it entertaining.
1. I have addressed your remarks directed at me

2. I have not once said anything about the NFL or professional sports yet I am thrown into a category as some other guy? " In the NFL or professional sports as you two idiots bring up"

3. I believe it is you that are causing a personal attack on me here by calling me an "idiot" and claiming what I post is "bull****"

Why should I take anything you have just posted here seriously when you are clearly out of line and making irrational comments about things I have and have not said. You are grouping me with another poster that I have almost no ties to other then the one post I made agreeing with something he said. You seem to have some form of anger issues or personal problem that you need to have dealt with before you decide to come in here yelling at everyone who disagrees with you. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are an idiot or that they are wrong. You have some serious work to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

Senior Member

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7X Antagonist View Post
Excuse me but who are you to tell others how to play the game? There is no "proper" way to play this game. People choose to play the game the way they want to and if raging is part of that so be it. You just gotta learn to either combat that, learn to deal with it, or cry like EVERYONE else in the tribunal.

As for raging making someone do worse I have a specific form of yelling at people that actually makes my team do better. You see instead of making fun of my team I make fun of the other team causing them to make stupid mistakes and go all out to kill me. You should try it sometimes it is very effective.

Another thing is anger actually drives a player to become more focused and geared toward achieving a goal. Sure yelling at teammates isn't so great but if it gets everyone in the mood to really focus on the game and put in their all then it is worth it.

Now before you start to cry about this and that please do not string me out as some rule breaking maniac just for stating a few opinions that I have have on the forums.

P.S. All players that play Olaf should be ragers.
I can tell anyone to do anything, don't give me any holier-than-thou "Who are you to say this?" jargon, lol. Just like ragers can rage, I can express my own opinion, and you can whine about it on the forums, much like you're doing now

How do you "deal with" players on your team raging and not playing to their full potential, I'm just curious? I'm not talking about yelling at the other team, yelling at the other team and trying to make them make mistakes when your team is not playing well is akin to being a complete moron. You can poke fun of the other team when you're doing things RIGHT, sure, that works, but when you're losing you just look like an idiot.

Spamming "**** **** **** **** ****" every 5 seconds isn't going to motivate your team. Frankly, if you think repeatedly jabbering that your ashe is "a ****ing idiot noob" who should "uninstall LOL right now ****ing first time player" and yelling in all /"lol this ashe is ****ing stupid gg" is going to MOTIVATE your Ashe to play better, I think you've been hit on the head one too many times.

It's one thing to play a sport and someone does a **** play, and your teammate goes "C'mon man, you're better than that, let's kick their ass!" - This is a computer game. You're not going to channel your emotion into anything constructive besides your actual play in the game that's going to make sense to other players. If you can't communicate without being a raging degenerate, don't communicate at all.

Just because you've chosen to stereotype me into a category of "crying" (gee, useless posters spouting **** on the internet they don't know anything about, shocking) doesn't mean I'm offended by any of this stuff - I don't care about it. It just makes me laugh when I see 12-21 year old kid #324,230 start spamming "F K U GUYZ SUCH NOOB" all game whenever he runs into a fight without knowledge, skill, proper warding, or any of the other normal things people do when playing LoL.

It makes me laugh even more when they come to these forums and start trying to protest that they're playing the best game they can and that their teammates are to blame for every loss they have. - Because they're not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OfficerCautious

Member

07-21-2011

Too much cry...

Not enough care...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

Senior Member

07-21-2011

Too many trolls.

Not enough downvote buttons.