There are two different kinds of league of legends players.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Haven't you ever read what I responded to you? I am against abuse too!

Bolded part: You are the one here that holds his opinion for the truth. I have information/red posts to back my statements up. You have nothing at all! You are the one who sees his own posts as facts and truth, so don't tell me that I think I have all the facts.\

(You are also the one who literally said that whatever you said was the truth or a fact. i have never mentioned that.)
To Zeus the truth is out there, he wont find it for us we have to find it. The only truth I have found is that Zeus is wrong dont see anything to give what he states any solid ground.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BomberGob

Member

07-20-2011

If every things under a binary system then what about the LoL players that simply don't care about the Tribunal cause they neither report or get reported.

They don't fall under either category.

Also since this thread seems to of fallen mostly off topic and is now about binary nature anyway, what is the opposite of frustration? Or would that just fall under a variety of angry?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brocephalus

Member

07-20-2011

What about people who just don't give a ****? Don't they have a category?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UmbraSprite

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Here is a simply way to negate the binary theory:

1. People who break the rules and deserve the consequences
2. People who don't break the rules and are not fairly judged
3. People who don't break the rules and thus are not impacted by the tribunal system

or

1. People who fairly judge cases
2. People who do not fairly judge cases
3. People who do not judge cases at all

(I realize you deny that category 1 exists in any number to be impactful)

Regarding night and day...may I introduce you to dusk and dawn. How about we talk seasons....autumn and spring.

Let's talk abortion philosophies:

1. A child is not a life until it is born
2. A child is not a life until the heartbeat begins
3. A child is a life at conception

People who see the world in black and white are responsible for most of the conflict in the world today. A world where everyone is either right or wrong is a bleak place indeed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FREEEENCH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-20-2011

Nothing in life is binary or whatever. Want a proof? Read your thread. It's called opinions, point of views.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UmbraSprite

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocephalus View Post
what about people who just don't give a ****? Don't they have a category?

qft!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ender

Junior Member

07-20-2011

I usually would not jump into the middle of an argument here, but in this case I feel I have something useful to add. (Even if it is off topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraSprite View Post
Here is a simply way to negate the binary theory:

1. People who break the rules and deserve the consequences
2. People who don't break the rules and are not fairly judged
3. People who don't break the rules and thus are not impacted by the tribunal system
4. People who break the rules and get away with it therefore are not impacted by the tribunal
Please see the bold section I added above this is a fourth option I added that while being very small (probably non-existant) is still a logical possibility. This however is not a defense of your post.

I argue that this is in fact a combination of two dichotomies that Zeus pointed out before.
1. fair judging vs. unfair judging
2. breaking the rules vs. not breaking the rules.

As you can see this does nothing to debunk the idea of a binary worldview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraSprite View Post
1. People who fairly judge cases
2. People who do not fairly judge cases
3. People who do not judge cases at all
Here we have another combination of 2 binary worldviews.

#'s 1 and 2 are people who judge cases vs. #3 people who do not judge cases.
#1 fair judging vs #2 unfair judging (#3 is irrelevant because these people are not judging and this dichotomy assumes that people are judging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraSprite View Post
Let's talk abortion philosophies:

1. A child is not a life until it is born
2. A child is not a life until the heartbeat begins
3. A child is a life at conception
Here I would still argue that we still have a binary worldview.
#'s 1 & 2 pro-abortion vs. #3 anti-abortion (In light of the pro-life view the difference between #1 & #2 is mere semantics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraSprite View Post
People who see the world in black and white are responsible for most of the conflict in the world today. A world where everyone is either right or wrong is a bleak place indeed.
While I agree that people with black and white worldviews are responsible for most of the conflict in this world, I would also argue that everyone has that line they refuse to cross and anyone else who crosses that line is "wrong." Just as an example, if a robber broke into your house and stole your computer would you say, "Well I'm sure he believes its okay therefore I can't blame him for it" or will you go to the cops to have him arrested? I am willing to bet a year's salary you would choose the latter option.

Now for purposes of discussion I will define truth to save some typing.
Truth - The set of moral guidelines the rule over every action we take individually and can change from person to person.

The reason that burglar in the example stole your computer is because his truth said he could. And the reason you're angry with him is because your truth says he shouldn't do that because you wouldn't do it.

Truth for each of us is absolutely necessary and naturally leads us to a binary worldview as seen in the example. The thief is the bad guy because he stole your computer and the cops are the good guys who caught him and gave your computer back.

This applies to every area of your life including your belief that binary worldviews do not exist. You see people as either believing dichotomies exist or not.

In short, the fact that you are participating in this discussion means you have already debunked your own argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purrity

Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLothiriel View Post
In a community with hundred thousands of players, there are only two types of them? That's statistically impossible.
Statistically... okay youre going to say I'm hateful because I'm heterosexual but the way thinking works is when you want to classify things, you can create as many categories as you want. So you're latched onto nothing again...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UmbraSprite

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Up vote for actually putting together a sensible post! Kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ender View Post
I usually would not jump into the middle of an argument here, but in this case I feel I have something useful to add. (Even if it is off topic)



Please see the bold section I added above this is a fourth option I added that while being very small (probably non-existant) is still a logical possibility. This however is not a defense of your post.

I argue that this is in fact a combination of two dichotomies that Zeus pointed out before.
1. fair judging vs. unfair judging
2. breaking the rules vs. not breaking the rules.

As you can see this does nothing to debunk the idea of a binary worldview.



Here we have another combination of 2 binary worldviews.

#'s 1 and 2 are people who judge cases vs. #3 people who do not judge cases.
#1 fair judging vs #2 unfair judging (#3 is irrelevant because these people are not judging and this dichotomy assumes that people are judging)



Here I would still argue that we still have a binary worldview.
#'s 1 & 2 pro-abortion vs. #3 anti-abortion (In light of the pro-life view the difference between #1 & #2 is mere semantics)



While I agree that people with black and white worldviews are responsible for most of the conflict in this world, I would also argue that everyone has that line they refuse to cross and anyone else who crosses that line is "wrong." Just as an example, if a robber broke into your house and stole your computer would you say, "Well I'm sure he believes its okay therefore I can't blame him for it" or will you go to the cops to have him arrested? I am willing to bet a year's salary you would choose the latter option.

Now for purposes of discussion I will define truth to save some typing.
Truth - The set of moral guidelines the rule over every action we take individually and can change from person to person.

The reason that burglar in the example stole your computer is because his truth said he could. And the reason you're angry with him is because your truth says he shouldn't do that because you wouldn't do it.

Truth for each of us is absolutely necessary and naturally leads us to a binary worldview as seen in the example. The thief is the bad guy because he stole your computer and the cops are the good guys who caught him and gave your computer back.

This applies to every area of your life including your belief that binary worldviews do not exist. You see people as either believing dichotomies exist or not.

In short, the fact that you are participating in this discussion means you have already debunked your own argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OfficerCautious

Member

07-20-2011

There are two kinds of League of Legends players...

Those that cry and those that troll. Which side are you on?


123