Am I the only one to find Jax dominating every game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaGenesis

09-06-2009

Hopefully I won't be flamed, but I'm really tired of watching Jax singlehandedly crush everyone. I played a game earlier where everyone on my team was level 4+ before Jax even started playing. He was level 1 and ended up level 7 before I got 6 (I was level 4 when he started). I was on the lane the entire time so I'm not sure how he pulled that off.

Now my big issue is, any player with a brain can easily crush with Jax. His passive ult is insane. Maybe I'm just running into pro's/premades too often but I used him on my 2nd game and I could take on a guy that was 15-2 when I had no kills.

Hopefully others agree... seriously tired of my entire team fighting this hero and only a couple living.

shedim

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGenesis View Post
Hopefully I won't be flamed, but I'm really tired of watching Jax singlehandedly crush everyone. I played a game earlier where everyone on my team was level 4+ before Jax even started playing. He was level 1 and ended up level 7 before I got 6 (I was level 4 when he started). I was on the lane the entire time so I'm not sure how he pulled that off.

Now my big issue is, any player with a brain can easily crush with Jax. His passive ult is insane. Maybe I'm just running into pro's/premades too often but I used him on my 2nd game and I could take on a guy that was 15-2 when I had no kills.

Hopefully others agree... seriously tired of my entire team fighting this hero and only a couple living.
I've seen several Jax sucking big time. He is still strong, but nowhere near overpowered. To be honest, I think Ryze is way more overpowered, than any Jax can be. At least Jax can be engaged 1on1.

Arslan

09-06-2009

Quote:

Mebbe you shold try reading his bio... He is the undefeated Champion of the arena! He is supposed to kick ass! On the bright side, you can be glad that they already nerfed him. He's only allowed to fight with a lamp post now instead of sharp weapons.

Edit: Bio

The most prolific tournament fighter at the Institute of War, the self-proclaimed "Grandmaster at Arms" rattled off a streak of consecutive wins 152 long. No one had ever achieved even half of that number before, but what made it even more remarkable was that he did so while fighting only 152 matches.
Concerned the peace accords that ended the Rune Wars would be threatened by a fighter who was unbeatable in the arena, the League hastily banned Jax from the arena all together. But in the spirit of the Institute, the League eventually relented, stating that a champion’s skill was no reason to remove a realm’s access to the governing powers of the tournaments.
Jax was reinstated, but with one rule: He is only allowed to fight with weapons the League deems suitable. For now, that list includes a lamppost, a chicken’s foot, a spatula, and a fishing rod.

OmegaGenesis

09-06-2009

"Mebbe you shold try reading his bio... He is the undefeated Champion of the arena! He is supposed to kick ass!"

So being able to stomp every hero is fine since its his bio right? No need to balance obviously.

Arslan

09-06-2009

It's in the bio. How can you argue with that?
/s

Viandante

09-06-2009

Quote:
"Mebbe you shold try reading his bio... He is the undefeated Champion of the arena! He is supposed to kick ass!"

So being able to stomp every hero is fine since its his bio right? No need to balance obviously.
When did you lose your sense of humor? Who is the bastard who stole it from you?

Arslan

09-06-2009

I think it was stolen by Shaco - The Demon Jester. No worries though, in a week or two he'll have his chance at revenge!

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

Jax is great for Pubs, but he's not really that impressive against premades or just teams with good communication. His nerf was appropriate and he still kicks plenty of ass. He just can't crit off a charged up attack that was chained in with jump attack anymore. Thank God. He can still charge up and jump. It still hurts plenty and has great ranged for a melee.

ERazER

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viandante View Post
When did you lose your sense of humor? Who is the bastard who stole it from you?
I'm sorry, but in order for something to be called humor, it must be funny.

Takatchi

09-07-2009

I dunno, I think Jax has a very good balancing point, but the thing is, he has "high balance." I talked a little bit about balance in another post, but I'll reiterate.

It's my opinion that Jax is mostly balanced, straightforward, and easy to pick up and learn. He's geared toward killing Champions. He's pretty good at just hopping in and engaging, and if you pick up his Counter, you'll pretty much slap silly anyone if they're surrounded by their minions. In this respect, Jax is strong, and it's really apparent in pub games with little to no team communication - he'll hop in, kill you, and be out again unless you really orchestrate gank after gank on him.

But really, my question is, "Are heroes LIKE Jax on a level too unfairly biased toward dominating players on their own merit?" I mean, last night I played in a game against a paired Nunu and Teemo as Jax, and that was a mistake. They played off their strengths well, and really worked together against me. That's what it takes to beat Jax - but considering that there are plenty of other heroes in the game that you simply click on to kill (without having to coordinate terribly well) I can see where people complain about having to bring in whole teams to take down the Grandmaster. :P