Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


R.I.P LoL servers have become the new ***

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Humanquation

Recruiter

07-20-2011

I think I was able to play for about 20 minutes today for another troll loss. Is this the new style of season 2 promo for LoL? Shut off servers for about 18 hours a day, every day?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Low Key Lyesmith

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Yep.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RSPSquid

Senior Member

07-20-2011

when did blizzard take over riot?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tinùviel

Member

07-20-2011

yeah right, compared to Riot, blizzard feels like perfection. I didnt realize how good I had it till i started playing League and suffering this nonsense. When's the last time you had a 30 minute wait to log in WoW? When's the last time the server was down all day 3 days in a row?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FREEEENCH

Member

07-20-2011

It's a free game. I know it's annoying when the servers are down but you can't complain when you get this great game without paying nothing (assuming you didn't invest in riot points).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freakigod

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
FREEEENCH:
It's a free game. I know it's annoying when the servers are down but you can't complain when you get this great game without paying nothing (assuming you didn't invest in riot points).


Why exactly can't a user of a free service complain when the free service has instability?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jons Wongs

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
freakigod:
Why exactly can't a user of a free service complain when the free service has instability?


Because unlike WoW you aren't paying for anything so they're doing their best to try to fix this problem so you can play so calm down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rEkcAh

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
FREEEENCH:
It's a free game. I know it's annoying when the servers are down but you can't complain when you get this great game without paying nothing (assuming you didn't invest in riot points).


please dont say that, that is the ****tiest excuse out there, tf2 is a free game but they dont shut the game down everyday. Plus they make more money on riot points that some games on buying the game. Riot is making more money than *** yet *** has gone down once or twice in its 2 years while riot is a weekly thing sometimes can do it all week long.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FREEEENCH

Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
IAMDeFy:
please dont say that, that is the ****tiest excuse out there, tf2 is a free game but they dont shut the game down everyday. Plus they make more money on riot points that some games on buying the game. Riot is making more money than *** yet *** has gone down once or twice in its 2 years while riot is a weekly thing sometimes can do it all week long.


Tf2 wasn't a free game for the longest time. Also you cant compare a highly established buisness like steam and a a newcomer like RIOT. For the most, riot has been the much better than any other company in the F2P pc market. And btw, you dont pay for the game when you buy skins, the game is completly playable without ever spending a singlr dollar in the microtransactions. Riot is doing amazing, end of story.
Edit:failgramar is fail


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cakevon

Senior Member

07-20-2011

People pay for this game too. They have a right to complain.

Besides, it has been stated by Reds on this forum that the "Free service" excuse is not acceptable for their shortcomings anyway.


12