Gameplay Preview - Wukong, the Monkey King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SC22Raptor

07-20-2011

i ****ing want it

Alch1e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

Does anyone else think that Associate Producer Paul Belleza is super cute?

MasqureMan

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanacho View Post
Honestly im tired of getting new buggy champions most of which none of us will ever buy....
How about you guys make a new map for once, and spectator mode should have been out awhile ago...
Also... It's anoying not having built-in vent added into the game...

Honestly Riot, you know what the community wants but you are just ignoring us... I don't see how that makes for a good game in any circumstance.

PS: I think personally riot you are getting a little greedy... No offense but I honestly think you don't care about what we want you just spam champions and new skins so we can fill out your paychecks at the end of the month, or whenever you get payed...

PPS: If you are stumped for character ideas I'm sure there are abuncha us willing to give you some great ones... Just head over to the character concept forums, you will be suprised I guarentee it.
Therein lies your problem.

Frozedn

07-20-2011

I wanted to see Phreak dominate with him . . .
Also, he looks like he has a lot of potential to be super OP, although a lot of fun!
Thanks for rocking Riot!

xRain24

07-20-2011

When's he come out??

Kung Fu Beggar

07-20-2011

- His "Q" visually should have been similar to Jarvan's Dragon Strike,with the pole getting bigger and extending outward.
- His W is true to the character, creating clones of himself. I wish instead of simply poofing, they would add a monkey fur animation at the end (to stay true to the original)
- His E is fine. Nimbus cloud + clone.
- His R is okay. I was expecting it to be similar to Renekton's Ult where he becomes bigger and has more damage and health.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with what Riot did nonetheless. First day buy for me.

daytien

07-20-2011

Suggestion for the decoy mechanics. A few champions now have the ability to make clones of themselves and move them to deal damage or just be decoys. However, it seems like sun wukong will just have decoy as a statue to look at ( apart from it's aoe damage). My idea is that you can have monkey king make a clone of himself and the original will disappear. The player will then only control the clone and at the end of the timer the player can choose to reappear at the clone's position and do no aoe damage or appear at where he/she first disappeared. This way the clone's inability to move will not be too dry of a skill. The decision to appear at the clone or the orginal position could be controlled with a simple click of the ability. This would add a nice style to the clone ideas that champs have.

Cutest Ever

07-20-2011

dragon strike and judgement lol trash

MUHAHAH

07-20-2011

when will monkey king release?

Hellraizerhhh

07-20-2011

This is like a mish mash of champs already in the game. Youve got irelias passive, but instead you gain armor and MR instead of CC reduction; you could also argue that this is like Garens W. Then we have Jarvans attack that debuffs enemy hp when hp, nice. Then we have a pseudo leblanc ability that wont fool anyone. And lastly, Garens E as an Ultimate