Jungle Garen what items should I get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WWWWWWORP

07-19-2011

Ok guys I am currently messing around with jungle garen I know I know who jungles with garen right? Well anyhow the way I see it he can jungle fairly well without blue or red buff so that just means your team mates can take it while you still do decent in the jungle. He is also amazing in lane for a melee so if things don't go well on top or mid you can help out without having a sub par hero for it like say nunu.

Anyhow I been building into wriggles with razors however I am wondering now if I might be better off with a different build and would like some input. The roll I would like to fill is tanky dps and I feel that after having done the route a good 20 times I can support not rushing wriggles and possibly get a better item's for later on. This isn't really something I'm sure about just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I do want to start out with the scepter for life steal at the start but I could just turn that into something else later on.

Anyhow any jungle advice that might improve my jungle would be nice. It normally runs really well and I never even go below 1/2 health however I do b like twice but that's mostly when there isn't any jungle creeps to kill left anyhow.

Lizto

07-19-2011

Ive never seen jungle garen so I cant say much there...but saying nunu is worthless in lane...you got to be freaking kidding me.

WWWWWWORP

07-20-2011

Well I did some testing and I can get away with not going for wriggles and can even start dorans blade instead of scepter making my lvl 5-6 gank even stronger. Anyhow thx for anyone who looked and ya I didn't think garen could jungle then I worked on a bit and it turned out he is pretty good and has a really amazing gank especially at lvl 6 but even before that his gank is wonderful. You have increase movement speed from his q that also silences so no flash or ghost and does a boat load of dmg at lvl 3 a damage reduction skill and your e that can hit ppl while they r still running and on top of that his ult will just straight up kill someone at 1/2 hitpoints. You also only end up using 1 or 2 pots total with the route I take so that's some saved money and as for leveling you come out okish def not as fast as nunu's jungle but.. like I said I'v nunu jungled and he just isn't that great in lane unless he has blue buff but once that wares off if you ever have to go to lane you run out of mana so fast or take too much damage trying to help.

Jazman84

07-20-2011

Why not take the Razor for faster jungles and therefore faster leveling and faster gold. Then sell it later when the game is leaning towards teamfights or simply build it into a Bloodrazor, which although doesn't proc on your E (I think) will add some more burst to your Q and R and general swings.

WWWWWWORP

07-20-2011

Generally my jungle is pretty much over by the time I would get razors. I have been going to gank/lane after red and pretty much only going back to jungle if I have time between trying to gank or holding for people so they can go back. it would probably help if I had to solo dragon with no help but I feel like going for it just hurts my first ganks a bit as I can get boots and zeal by that time and that combined with my move speed skill is some mad fast running speed to chase people with.

But I'm still working on the build a bit so I may go back to getting razor if I do end up having to solo dragon more often as I find people in solo q at my elo really don't like to help when your doing dragon. However I really like going for a fast zeal and getting phage to help chase people plus both work towards tri force.

FinalFlame

07-20-2011

ur starting with cloth armor i see. u could get ninja tabi instead of razors. but i prefer swiftnessss so