I'm almost level 30 and I still suck?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

Hey guys,

I tried writing this a second ago and the forum bugged out on me. Hopefully two threads don't show up.

So long story short, after playing several champions, I've found a favorite (Sona) and other champions to fill other roles.

Whenever a support selected, I try for AP with Akali. If we need a tank/Jungler I play Amumu or Udyr.

I do pretty well with Amumu and Udyr, though my ganks could be better, but my Akali play is just not where I believe it should be. I've seen Akali do AMAZING (16/0/5 by 20 minutes) compared to my 9/5/6 (give or take) by the late game. I've ready plenty of guides, settled on the most well written and supported (Akali by the numbers) but my early game is horrible. I get out harassed like crazy by ranged to the point that either I'm zoned or can't last hit. When laning against melee (which is super rare, what's up with that?) I break even or lose ground.

Anyone have any advice?

Edit: I should mention, while playing Sona I believe I do very well. Even when I take an offensive role as AP.

Prometheius

07-19-2011

Get Runes.

RegisteredTM

07-19-2011

Going full on contact with Akali at the beginning of a game is a bad idea (don't know if I'm right tho or not). Try just harassing with her first, throw her q while in her shroud and then just run and keep doing that while getting cs. Keep doing it until you see them at low hp (35-50%, make sure you're level 6) and just q r, w in front of them from keeping them from fleeing, then e and q and r and all that jazz and you will most likely get a kill. Also, using your q to last hit minions is a great idea as well, it requires no effort at all and you usually won't get harassed while doing it if you lay down your w first.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

Maybe competetion just increased?

TBH we all go through bad streaks or have bad lane matchups. Sometimes against heavy range it's best just to suck it up and hang by your turret. Learn the best way to last hit at your turret as believe it or not there's a lot of skill that goes into turret hugging.

JustAsBadAsYou

07-19-2011

Everyone sucks at this game. You are not alone.

Klocke

Master Recruiter

07-19-2011

Sometimes you get stuck with a crummy team, or matched against a crummy team, or matched against a try-hard team, or matched against relatively powerful champions, or matched with relatively powerful champions, or matched against champions that completely counter your champions, etc.
-shrug-

Akava

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Get Runes.
heh, Had mentioned that in my first attempted post, which didn't go through. I have all the runes for Akali except my last Quint since I'm 29.

As for the other advice of using Q, it's valid advice for sure, sadly the exchange (as least in my experience) when dealing with ranged champions is just not in my favor. At least when trying to last hit afterwards.

I guess my biggest question is, how does an Akali counter a ranged champion so she can get last hits and harass at the sametime?

Thanks for the replies.

Scraping Spear

07-19-2011

Build an Akali specific rune page, where you have 20 AP, or 10 AD at the very beginning of the game, triggering one half of her passive, just from runes and masteries.
You can then trigger the second half of her passive from your first item choice!
Running in at level one with both passives is an amazing benefit to Akali's early game.

I recommend getting attack damage from your rune page, you can get 3 AD from masteries, and only need 7 more from runes. If you do this, you can buy an amplifying tome as your first item, which lets you buy a Sheen VERY VERY early, and therefore totally dominate your lane from that point forward.

Getting the melee hit portion of your Q is very important, add the Sheen damage to that, and it becomes extreme.

Bbkay

07-19-2011

With akali, I have both runes and masteries to proc both passives and boots/3 health pots. Now I have 10AD/20AP/3 Health Pots and a pretty good movement speed (With an Ignite to top it off).

However you probably need to LEARN more .. There's a lot to take into this game, and its not just playing a few select champs. Try to play ALL the champs so you know exactly what their passives/ults/etc are. You can't read a passive from the Ability menu and some (Like Eve's -50% minion damage) Is something to know about.

Lizto

07-19-2011

9-5-6 is not a bad score, thats 3.0 KDA. The reason you may see those crazy scores on akali (which I doubt you do often) is due to level 30s making smurf accounts and going to wreck some newbies with her, akali is a pubstomper, she snowballs extremely well, so someone that knows what hes doing will get early easy kills, and upon getting a few akali will have snowballed out of control and as such getting those crazy scores. Recently I played a game where some alistar was solo top against me, he did something stupid and I firstblooded him, soon after I got ganked, and I killed the jungler...the game kept on going and I ended up like 8-0-2 by the 10th minute mark, this was playing against level 30s of course, but on an average game where I dont get fed early, I wont be able to get that many kills within 10 minutes. Also thats when most people will realise that they need oracles, and by that point youre pretty much screwed. If youre scoring 9-5-6, thats good, people that score 16-0-5 by the 20th minute have ought to be playing people with much less experience, and especially people that dont get oracles, you are doing fine against the people your level, you will eventually get better, but so will the people you face, so really dont worry about it.

Btw as an Akali lover myself, I strongly suggest getting Gunblade and sheen before Rylais scepter, I dont know how you build her, but I see so many akalis rushing rylais then lichbane. Gunblade just gives her so much damage and sustainability, and if you want a slow, you will have a powerful slow, gunblades slow deals 300 damage, and is a 50% 3 second slow, which is enough to kill just about anyone anyway. The vampspell is crazy and allows you to deal with situations you would otherwise die at.

Also I suggest you not doing what some people say about trying to trigger one passive and the other with a starting item, getting runes that get you both passives is not hard, AD marks, flat ap quints, AP/Lv glyphs make you start with AD passive and getting AP passive at level 3. Boots are an awesome item to start with unless you are certain your opponent will mean no threat to you, in which case amp tome is the way to go.