Pvp.net's Interface is ver laggy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baepe

09-06-2009

In game I don't have any problems with lag but when I load up the pvp.net interface changing runes and selecting games becomes tedious as it is very laggy. Why don't they just use the same graphics engine as in game and create a nice interface for us to use??

Very*

Xile

09-06-2009

Yeah the pvp .net interface is pretty damn laggy, it's too loaded with all these fancy animations that just lag and take up time.

Personally I'd rather not have any animations than these slow and laggy ones.

Baepe

09-07-2009

i know!!!!!

It's too cpu heavy for those of us with ****ty cpu's.

my gfx card is decent so im okay in game but in pvp.net my god.

also i wouldn't mind if they just let us change our runes and masteries through the LoL website.

rogerchew

Adjudicator

09-07-2009

im going to assume for programming purposes it was easier to do? cause I'm just curious why it couldn't have been done in C and still run on 2 separate instances like it is now.

there's too much going on for flash/air to handle it properly....very sluggish.

mermin

09-07-2009

even on a good computer its laggy, its not optimized at all or air/flash is really not meant for that

TombMonkey

09-07-2009

when I open an active chat it lags like hell, also, flipping rune book pages lags it a lot too.

Alamat

09-07-2009

It is much easier to do animations in Flash than in C. This is maybe the reason why they chose Flash for developing the Pvp.Net GUI.

Lagging animations can indeed happen in different computers, eventhough I haven't encountered these issues yet. I'm guessing lag is more evident in animations involving gradients, since most of the time they require more intensive rendering.