Lux Montage Video for my Upcoming Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheQueefelTower

07-19-2011

For all those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x521aL-jBo

My full in-depth Lux guide will go up on Mobafire's and TSM's website in the coming weeks.

Thanks for watching!

TheQueefelTower

07-19-2011

bumpity

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

Good explaination. Although the enemy ashe sucks really bad.

Eurynomous

07-19-2011

I know you're probably just trying to show what a lux can do, but the beginning of the video where you're killing a bad ashe over and over is not that helpful as a teaching aide. The rest of the video seems to be you at +3-4 levels above your enemies picking them off without much difficulty or opposition. Even with this am I to understand you lost this game? If so, a clear example of how getting tons of kills does not equal a winning game.

You have some good footage in here(the very low hp survival with your shield+gargoyle)(team fights), but you need to drop the pounding-on-noobs stuff if you want to be taken seriously and show what you can do against a proper opponent.

A proper guide should teach other players how to play this champ effectively and use their abilities smartly. Most of what this video shows is you getting a lucky game+lane against bads and stomping them. That isn't teaching much of anything except how lux's abilities work which can be found out from the wiki or playing a bot game.

TheQueefelTower

07-19-2011

Thanks for the posts guys.

Eurynomous--Thanks, but I think you misunderstood. I'm not trying to be "taken serious" here. In fact, I was very happy that unskilled Ashe (as I stated in the video itself) was playing me. It allowed me to show off Lux's full combo, which is exactly what I wanted to do.

This is simply a game play video for Lux to exhibit what she is capable of. Of course, the guide that accompanies it will touch on some of the other issues you mentioned (using her abilities smartly, etc.)

I know when I first started playing her back when I began playing it took me a while to understand her full combo (especially being new to the game). So, a simple video like this will help those people, hopefully.

For veteran players, a game play video won't help them quite as much, especially one like this. In their case, they would need to read the guide itself for more in depth analysis.

Hope that clear it up.

Eurynomous

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAnNie BanDiT View Post
Eurynomous--Thanks, but I think you misunderstood. I'm not trying to be "taken serious" here. In fact, I was very happy that unskilled Ashe (as I stated in the video itself) was playing me. It allowed me to show off Lux's full combo, which is exactly what I wanted to do.

This is simply a game play video for Lux to exhibit what she is capable of. Of course, the guide that accompanies it will touch on some of the other issues you mentioned (using her abilities smartly, etc.)

I know when I first started playing her back when I began playing it took me a while to understand her full combo (especially being new to the game). So, a simple video like this will help those people, hopefully.

For veteran players, a game play video won't help them quite as much, especially one like this. In their case, they would need to read the guide itself for more in depth analysis.
You may have just wanted to show her combos/abilities, but people will look at all aspects of your video as an example. What they will get from it is that it is more important to spend time ganking outleveled squishies than it is to harass/kill the real threats to your team(while your base goes down in flames). We already have enough people that think kills=wins don't we?

I also can't believe you don't have any winning games where you use her full combos?
Even if you don't right now, it shouldn't be that hard to get one if you're a decent player.

Please take this(as intended) as a critique. You can do immensely better than this vid. Even if you really just wanted to show off her basic gameplay elements you can do it better than this w/o showing the bad elements(A custom match would be far easier in all aspects for this type of vid). You could also take the good aspects of this video and make it into a full-fledged video guide with solid teamfights, how to work as a team, how lux can help her team win, laning against a variety of opponents, tips and tricks beyond just simple combos, etc. Play some more games against solid opponents, show what Lux can do even when up against a wall, and hopefully show how Lux helps her team win.

PS,
I'd also try to get a video where you aren't in a heated battle with a teammate in chat through most of the game.Small detail maybe, but if I were trying to put a good face forward that wouldn't be it(even if he deserved it).

TheQueefelTower

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurynomous View Post
You may have just wanted to show her combos/abilities, but people will look at all aspects of your video as an example. What they will get from it is that it is more important to spend time ganking outleveled squishies than it is to harass/kill the real threats to your team(while your base goes down in flames). We already have enough people that think kills=wins don't we?

I also can't believe you don't have any winning games where you use her full combos?
Even if you don't right now, it shouldn't be that hard to get one if you're a decent player.

Please take this(as intended) as a critique. You can do immensely better than this vid. Even if you really just wanted to show off her basic gameplay elements you can do it better than this w/o showing the bad elements(A custom match would be far easier in all aspects for this type of vid). You could also take the good aspects of this video and make it into a full-fledged video guide with solid teamfights, how to work as a team, how lux can help her team win, laning against a variety of opponents, tips and tricks beyond just simple combos, etc. Play some more games against solid opponents, show what Lux can do even when up against a wall, and hopefully show how Lux helps her team win.

PS,
I'd also try to get a video where you aren't in a heated battle with a teammate in chat through most of the game.Small detail maybe, but if I were trying to put a good face forward that wouldn't be it(even if he deserved it).
Eurynomous--thanks again for your post.

I agree with most of what you said: I can do better--yes, absolutely. I have about 150 games played with Lux, so of course I have many won games.

This is footage from one game. This video is just meant to be basic, not a full guide upon itself. It will accompany an entire written guide, so this is really just a bonus for the reader. Also, your analysis of my targets in that game is a bit off. Shutting down Ashe early (supposedly their carry) is effective gameplay. We lost that game due to a leaver and a Jarvan that wouldn't play with the team, but I don't think that's even important.

However, I will consider taking some more footage since I am a sort of perfectionist and I can see some of your points about the video. Thanks again.

Kuniv

07-20-2011

That was really nice of Eurynomous to write out a response without shutting you down like half of the community would. He is right though, most of us could pub stomp with Lux with little knowledge against players like you show in the video. Try and show different strategies, and positioning in fights. You can bait a snare in lane by dropping your aoe, and then shooting your snare at the enemy(minions in the way) and then right before the snare hits the minions you detonate the bomb and the snare hits your enemy, and you and your lane partner are on them. Little things like that make a good guide.