Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

While the Servers are Down... Why did you choose your name?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tantalis

07-19-2011

had it since 3rd grade. sooo like 1999

Immanuel Kant

07-19-2011

Some ass that never played took the name I wanted :|

madmetalfingers

07-19-2011

"madmtlfingers" is short for mad metal fingers. I adopted the handle for Xbox Live ages ago after hearing Alexi Laiho say it during a show, asking to see everyone's "mad, metal fingers." I thought that was awesome, and since Children of Bodom is one of my all-time favorites and one of my most musically influential bands, I chose the handle to represent the fact that I literally like to think of my fingers as both mad and metal, since I play keyboard (lol, pianist) in a metal band.

530 520

Recruiter

07-19-2011

itroll

I MurzeN I

07-19-2011

my username is self-explanatory. book it.

Zumwon

07-19-2011

Many years ago, while playing MMO's, because zumwon had to tank/heal. Yes, I still like puns :/

Denialzz

07-19-2011

It's an interesting story.

My original username used to be Bemanifreak, because I was amazing at music games, which in large part were created by Konami's branch Bemani (see: DDR, Guitar Freaks, Drummania, etc)

I had played WoW for long while under that username, but decided to finally quit once and for all...it didn't last long.

Later on that year I decided to start back up, and create a new character. I was in denial, so I named him...Denial (with an alt code i). When I joined a new, hardcore guild, my guild leader made me take out the alt code for easy access, so I changed it to Denialz, because Denial (without the alt code) was taken.

I use Denialzz because Denial AND Denialz were both taken when I join LoL. Sad day.

ToA29

07-19-2011

If any of you remember Bionicles which we're like alternate universe supercool uber-lego guys that I played with as a kid. Google it if you don't know, but the strongest guy was known as a Toa. Its never taken on MMO's or anything and I think its pretty unique. Then 29 is my birthday, leap year woot!

beYAWNce Stoles

07-19-2011

Real answer:
I'm gay and a top so the name is appropriate.

Simple Answer:
It's funny and i play a priest in WoW so the comparison between the name and the class name is priceless and satirical at best when referring to a priest in the catholic church.

Plus, i've used this name since i was 18 so 10 years i've been the bandit heh.

Arizel

07-19-2011

averagedog was taken, So looking through my catalog of names I used in creating characters for several dungeons and dragons campaigns I was involved in and ran during my college years, I decided upon "Arizel" after my Warlock that loved to cook as much as fry his enemies with his eldritch enemies. Sometimes both can be combined.