[Guide] Oppenheimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMG1

06-22-2010

I agree, with most of that. Heimer isn't a carry, and usually he is better off giving mid to someone like you suggested. This is especially true if your team has a dedicated Jungler as Heimer is one of the best 1 v 2 side lane champs period. His ability to defend in that spot is quite valuable. Giving up mid to defend in that situation is ideal for your team. Laning also makes it easier to snag the Blue Buff without having to call over someone to defend mid for a moment (although it will take you a bit longer to level up enough to have the strength to take it).

Mejai's I personally do not get much on him as I am not that fond of Snowball items. However on Heim it is certainly viable IF you can get some stacks. With just a few stacks, it can be worth it. With a ton, it becomes invaluable.

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2010

Quote:
Midding as Heimerdinger is kind of a waste. He gains nothing from the extra experience, and is just as viable in a twos lane. You are better off giving the lane to an Ashe or Twisted Fate, to be honest. This is especially true in your build, as you don't even take Upgrade! at level six.
Getting one's ult is not the only purpose of leveling. Contrary to what you say, Heimer scales especially well in early levels, being able to maintain an increasing number of turrets. This increase stops at level 7- upon which time, a few levels after, a tower is usually sieged down, allowing for this level advantage to spill off to the side lanes. Of course, allowing an Ashe or Twisted Fate to go mid would certainly net more kills, detracting from the other team, but letting Heimerdinger go mid allows for greater siegeability, which benefits one's own team— an aspect often undervalued below kills, which certainly is not so easily the case.

Quote:
Midding is especially dangerous with the tactics you suggested--pushing the tower hard and early. Any competent team will call for a gank on mid if you're pushed up too far, which you will be. Your turrets will not be able to save you versus a dedicated gank, and you'll lose your positioning.
150-180 gold of wards remedies this completely. And even if you do have to back off, your opponents are losing a far greater value of experience and farming time.

Quote:
Finally, I'm really hesitant to follow your suggestion for getting a Mejai's Soulstealer. The only way I'd get this is if I know that the game's going to be an absolute landslide. Snowball items generally aren't as useful in games where the opposing team is well organized and knows what they're doing.
I'm almost always capable of maintaining at least 5 stacks, making them cost efficient. Usually, my stacks hover around 7-15. The beauty of Heimerdinger is that as one of the hardest champions to get to and one of the easiest champions to score assists with, he doesn't need to snowball for Mejai's to be viable.

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2010

Due to my guide’s having reached the 30000 character cap, I’ve moved it here. Please continue all discussion in the new thread.