[Guide] Oppenheimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alamandaros

06-22-2010

What do people feel about Chalice on Heimer (as recommended in the guide)?

I've never gotten it before (always straight to the AP), but I have noticed that without the Golem buff mana is a problem. I suppose it might allow for more spamming early game (though lack of Golem only really becomes a problem when everyone on both teams starts going for it).

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamandaros View Post
What do people feel about Chalice on Heimer (as recommended in the guide)?

I've never gotten it before (always straight to the AP), but I have noticed that without the Golem buff mana is a problem. I suppose it might allow for more spamming early game (though lack of Golem only really becomes a problem when everyone on both teams starts going for it).

My guide has been recommending chalice as it gives more mana regen essential to the laning phase, but I've been starting to use the alternate build of tear first more and more attributing the need of extra mana to getting the golemó which has been working quite well. (I'll probably change my guide soon) Although, if getting golem really becomes a problem, getting both tear and chalice would remedy any mana problems altogether.

Empyron

06-22-2010

Chalice is nice... Usually I get meki pendant to start (have clarity and ghost for summoner spells) and that's enough to keep me in lane til 8 or so. I sometimes get chalice if necessary. Then I'm going for Rylai's as it's HOT on Heimer. boots and Mejai's. Maybe Rod of Ages if you're rich enough. So on.

DMG1

06-22-2010

If you are considering putting RoA on Heimer, you might as well build that first. By the time you build Rylai's, Chalice, Boots, and Mejai's, RoA is not gonna be a viable choice due to time.

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG1 View Post
If you are considering putting RoA on Heimer, you might as well build that first. By the time you build Rylai's, Chalice, Boots, and Mejai's, RoA is not gonna be a viable choice due to time.
I agree

You can build RoA first -> Surviablity
Or
You can build Tear first -> AP
Or
You can build Chalice -> Mana Solution

Personally I think Heimer has enough surviablity without RoA

If you take clarity and mana crystal + Heal pot + Mana pot you will have enough mana to spam for long long long time.

So whats that leave you with for a item to build asap?

DMG1

06-22-2010

Uh, RoA? The stats it gives when matured are nothing to shrug off. It also is the only real item besides Mejai's(and to a lesser extend Tear) that he should build very fast. There's no need to rush Archangels (rushing the tear is a good idea though), no need for Rylai's/Zhonyas/Void Staff/Deathfire Grasp/etc to be rushed either.

Archangels isn't gonna give you much of an AP boost until you get some mana behind it. If Mana regen isn't a problem, then no need to get that first either. If you want to rush it to proc sooner, you could just rush the tear alone and wait on upgrading it. You get 400 Mana from it, but you also already get 350 from the Tear. So no I don't see the need to rush that unless you really have a Mana problem, and that's with all other solutions like Golem or Chalice or Clarity being considered as well.

There's just nothing on Heimer besides RoA and Mejais that *has* to be built first or very quickly to be effective. You miss out a lot more on building RoA later than building Archangels or Zhonya's or Void staff a bit later. If you are looking for a item to rush, why not make it the item designed to be rushed?

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Archangels isn't gonna give you much of an AP boost until you get some mana behind it.
Expanded mind +5% of max mana

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/H...d24d64e7985854

617 AP with Arch

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/H...631a571bfbf8e8
415 AP without

difference of

202 AP

Tip:
btw on that build almost more worth dropping the magic pen quints and going dodge imho

DMG1

06-22-2010

I was referring to early game specifically. If the first item you get is Archangels, the AP it will give you THEN is not gonna be that much. Late game yes it gives you a lot of AP because you have more mana, hence I said "Until you get some mana behind it."

Basically I meant you don't need to build it first for it to climb to 202 AP.

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Basically I meant you don't need to build it first for it to climb to 202 AP.
yes will agree to that
Tear -> boots -> RoA ->

Round Face

06-22-2010

Hi, this is a pretty good guide. There are a several points I disagree with you on, though.

Midding as Heimerdinger is kind of a waste. He gains nothing from the extra experience, and is just as viable in a twos lane. You are better off giving the lane to an Ashe or Twisted Fate, to be honest. This is especially true in your build, as you don't even take Upgrade! at level six.

Midding is especially dangerous with the tactics you suggested--pushing the tower hard and early. Any competent team will call for a gank on mid if you're pushed up too far, which you will be. Your turrets will not be able to save you versus a dedicated gank, and you'll lose your positioning.

I believe Heimerdinger is best served in a side lane where he's able to push more effectively with a partner, but you need to be careful of robbing all the last hits from your partner, so be careful with your turret placement. By going on a side lane, you can effectively stop ganks before they happen with a turret that's placed slightly up the river, in range of the creeps still. Since you basically have a sight ward, you're free to push and fall back as you need. You can't do that in mid.

Finally, I'm really hesitant to follow your suggestion for getting a Mejai's Soulstealer. The only way I'd get this is if I know that the game's going to be an absolute landslide. Snowball items generally aren't as useful in games where the opposing team is well organized and knows what they're doing.