[Guide] Oppenheimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyst

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
You only differ in getting tear first rather than going for chalice, as well as RoA. While it's certainly viable, you've not explained how my build is not.
and skill order...
what is left to a build?

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
and skill order...
what is left to a build?
In general, our skill priorities are the same. Perhaps you've misread my guide?

MrToasty

06-20-2010

Ok, I've seen so many Heimer guides say you NEED clarity. I used to use it, loved it, but it's not the best for several reasons.

Clarity does not help in the middle of team fights (maybe rarely) but it won't net kills, or slow down tanks, or kill DPS. It also does not increase your survivability. It just gives you more mana to push, which can be accomplished through MP/5 runes, items, and golem buff.

What does work REALLY REALLY well, andI highly encourage all the Heimer fans out there to try is Exhaust. If you are getting ganked, put it on their DPS and watch him miss as your turrets eat him alive. It useful to catching runners. It works wonders in team fights where everyone and their mother say Heimer is useless. It completly shuts down their normal damg DPS for several critical seconds, usually changing the tide of a 5v5 team battle.

Anyhoo, my 2 cents

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-20-2010

Exhaust sounds to be quite the interesting option. While this certainly does warrant some trial, it sounds as it exhaust would be the same thing as a second grenade as well as UPGRADE!!!, which already fill their roles adequately to my experience. And while exhaust certainly would help with chasing where grenade and UPGRADE!!! wouldn't, the role of chasing I feel should be left to chasers rather than a pesky Heimer. As such, exhaust would certainly hold viability, but from first examination seems to be quite situational.

Clarity, on the other hand, is always useful when Heimer does not have the golem buff, which cannot always be counted upon. Items, I feel, do not outlast the longest of sieges, and mana regen runes would help, but that would be taking away valuable slots for the all-important magic penetration.

And of course, my guide is not one that says clarity is needed, but rather the summoner spell to replace if one favours escape utility.

All-in-all, exhaust sounds to be a summoner spell with areas of superiority just as any other, but from first scrutiny, I still prefer clarity for its support in sieging, the role most substantial to Heimerdinger.

Kidwonderful

06-20-2010

Thank you Thth for all the helpful info as well as responding to each question/situation presented to you. Great guide/thread. I think people underestimate the finesse and skill required with the grenade to make it truly effective, as well as turret placement. Seems like all the people who gripe and complain about this and that has actually nothing to do with the character/guide/build/runes but just their own lack of skill.

DMG1

06-20-2010

Exhaust on Heimer, over Clarity, is more viable on TT than SR. It can help out a lot for the level 1 team fights, and especially if you have a carry like Jax on your team during the later team fights, being able to blind and slow his target is more important than making sure everyone has enough Mana. When Heimer is laning for a bit, he's probably not gonna be burning Mana significantly unless he is really making a push on TT.

I usually don't have severe Mana problems on SR either. If I have a tough Solo lane 1 v 2, I might have to get something like Chalice, but for the most part I seem to do fine even without Golem Buff. Instead of Clarity, I've been running Heal. It's been working out pretty good so far. I find that having Heal on him allows me to contribute more to team fights than if I had clarity, and a small bonus to that is because Heimer levels up so fast (especially if you get mid or solo lane), that because you are at a higher level your heal will give more than if someone else on the team used it then.

Now, if I am doing a premade where I know we will have a jungler that absolutely needs Blue Buff and I have to take solo lane, I will strongly consider and probably 70% of the time take Clarity. But for most other scenarios, I take Heal.

Cyst

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
In general, our skill priorities are the same. Perhaps you've misread my guide?
really? cause I thought I said max turret first than gernade ignoring rocket because rocket isnt that great....?

Maybe missing something?

exhaust + clarity is great on heimer your issue as heimer is simple anything that can take you out fast and tank your turrets...

if nade is on cd it gives you survivability you need. Specially considering you will get ganked often while your noob team mates don't call MIA's or come help ...

Against Ashe she will try to stun you than kill ya before you kill her exhaust is going to allow ya to blind her even if nade is on cd and to win the fight

Only problem I have had on heimer lately is a morde + ashe + teemo non stop comming mid to gank me while my noob team mates refused to come mid and refused to call mia's

Thth

Recruiter

06-20-2010

DMG1: The entirety of my experience as Heimerdinger, as well as my guide, is on Summoner's Rift, so I have no credibility in regards to commenting on TT strategy.

As for healó In a laning situation, heal is a spell that contributes to sustainability in regards to harassment, which Heimerdingers should be able to properly avoid with practice. It could be used as emergency health in situations in which Heimer's being ganked, but a spell that offers an escape mechanism would excel in such a situation.
In team fights, the measly amount that heal gives to allies, as well as the range you would have to be in for it to apply to teammates, would leave heal to quite more of a situational state. An escape mechanism, still, I feel, would provide Heimer with a more effective choice overall.

Kidwonderful

06-21-2010

Does Starks work on your turrets also, does it grant them lifesteal?

FuzzD

06-21-2010

The Stark's aura only affects allied champions, unlike, say, Aegis of the Legion, which applies to all allies, including creeps.