Atma's Impaler Misleading.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

04-28-2010

So how on earth does it actually work? Does it give an extra +2% health worth attack damage, or does it add +2% physical damage on every attack?

I've heard before the Atma's bonus damage is not factored into crits. This is true, correct?

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2010

What I have heard from multiple sources is that it applies to AD from items, and it will indeed add HP to jax!!!! rejoice!!!

I like this post, i think that the wording could seriously be improved!!!!!

Ebonclaw

04-28-2010

I doesn't 'apply to' anything. It IS AD. It is NOT 'base' damage. It is 'bonus' damage. Base damage is the first number, -everything- that you add through runes/masteries/items/passives is bonus, the second number.

It doesn't do anything magical or weird.

It works with Jax' passive, sure. With say, 3000HP, you will gain 60 AD. 60 AD will therefor grant you 180HP. That 180HP may then give you another 4 AD.

Wooooo.

Carados

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Nope, but it does something which the tool tip says it does not, which is the problem.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
I doesn't 'apply to' anything. It IS AD. It is NOT 'base' damage. It is 'bonus' damage. Base damage is the first number, -everything- that you add through runes/masteries/items/passives is bonus, the second number.

It works with Jax' passive, sure. With say, 3000HP, you will gain 60 AD. 60 AD will therefor grant you 180HP. That 180HP may then give you another 4 AD.

Wooooo.
I think you misunderstand my meaning of the word "Apply", I meant it in the general literal form meaning "applies to" = "is" so, "that it applies to AD from items" , meaning "it is AD from items" , I'm not sure how you could misconstrue that, but whatever.

Thank you for reconfirming that it "works" with Jax's passive and explaining exactly how it works! If only the tool tip was as clear as you are!!!

jokull

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixsha View Post
tried to use it with 3000 hp yet didn't seem worthy, the damage didn't increase at all :/
your damage wouldve increased by 60, thats pretty significant, considering atmas only costs a bit more then a single bf sword

jokull

04-28-2010

watch your damage carefully when you buy atmas, it literally takes 2% of your maximum health and gives you that much damage, just like a bf sword or pick or little sword or anything else that gives you damage

JayceJa

05-02-2010

buying a pick axe makes your attacks do an additional 25 damage per attack

the tooltip isnt misleading at all, because what it says is what happens, but it also could mean something else which doesnt happen

its confusing, not misleading

unentschieden

05-02-2010

The problem is not the value of the item, that is actually very good - you get great stats for what you pay. The issue is that the combination of HP and AD works only on Jax. There are some Champions that get lotīs of HP but they donīt have a good Autoattack. Choīgath? Better off with AP. Alistar? He has the worst Autoattack of ANY champion to the point of having a Passive dedicatet to not make him worthless against at least Towers.

Ebonclaw

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
The problem is not the value of the item, that is actually very good - you get great stats for what you pay. The issue is that the combination of HP and AD works only on Jax. There are some Champions that get lotīs of HP but they donīt have a good Autoattack. Choīgath? Better off with AP. Alistar? He has the worst Autoattack of ANY champion to the point of having a Passive dedicatet to not make him worthless against at least Towers.
So, you're countering the fact that Atma's works best on Jax, by implying that all champs make as little use of it as Ali? Seriously?