Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twisted Fate AP or AD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePwnageRogue

07-18-2011

So, i have been trying out AP and AD tf and like I really cant decide which would I prefer. Right now however, I prefer the AP with the burst more. AD is very nice for 1 v 1 with lifesteal and great attack speeds and stacked deck but if youre in a team fight TF does not do much :P So, I really want to see other people's opinions right now on this subject. Also, what items would u go for AP TF or AD TF. Finally, what spells do u prefer? I prefer teleport, exhaust, flash, ghost, and ignite. Teleport for the great map control and tower pushing. Its very nice. Exhaust is for the attack and movement speed plus the armor and magic resistance. flash for catching or usually running away (back door). Ghost is kind of better than flash in a way for a chase. and ignite for that 50% heal reduction and extra damage in the beginning when they're usually always left with 1-50 hp left. I have had someone left at 1 hp... Well Please post and lets see what we shall find

ThePwnageRogue

07-18-2011

Also, if you are facing another TF what cards should be used on him.

XTreeX

07-19-2011

AP is IMO best........you can use a hit and run strategy and push lanes faster than singed. you can backdoor to some extent (just not as good as an AD) and contribute to teamfights unlike the AD tf getting focused. your gank is deadly with a gate, stun (lock in b4 ultimate) , wildcards then sheen proc (or lichbane). any decent ally should have initiated as well on the enmy and you should clean them up easily considering your ally is a decent player.
for summoners you should get flash for those GTFO situations and teleport for the trololol. double lane push (push lane tele to another and push that one then gate to escape from enemy or to join a fight) but it is up to you although flash i believe is a must.

as for when facing another tf that all depends on whether he is AD or AP i guess......
AD- stun him b4 he can to you and burst him while your allies finish him.
AP- a smart ap tf would keep his distance so just focus on dodging his wild cards and if he does start running at you with his stun the just retreat and kite him through wild cards until his stun buff is gone then while its on cool down then YOU start running at him with your stun and stun him and bursting him. rinse repeat.

basiclally the same strategy for both but i hoped i helped you

Vladd0

07-19-2011

I play him like hybrid.. AS/AP/HP... I think the best way to play tf is by observing the enemy team.. if they have tanky heroes and/or stack mr, go for bc/madred. If your team lacks ap, go for ap. If it's a nice balanced team, go hybrid. You can either take 2 dorans + boots and farm for bigger items avoiding ganks, or you can build the sword of hextech, boots, gank, finish hextech, guinsoo/nashor, FM (and gank inbetween). A couple of days ago i tried a tanky/hybrid build and it worked fine in ranked. Boots, phage->3force, atma, warmog, fm

Summoner spells -> flash for sure and pick between teleport, exhaust, ghost, ignite.

Runes -> Hp quins, mr glyphs/apperlvl, mana reg/cdrperlvl/apperlvl seals, ArP/MP/IAS/apperlvl marks.

saixx

Recruiter

07-19-2011

Vladd0, you do realize that madreds is magic damage right. So if the enemy is stacking MR that is not agood thing to suggest to someone.

MuffinButtonYay

07-19-2011

Quote:
saixx:
Vladd0, you do realize that madreds is magic damage right. So if the enemy is stacking MR that is not agood thing to suggest to someone.

I thought Madred's magic damage was purely hp based and was non mitigatable(is that a word?)

Etching

07-19-2011

Magic damage is mitigated by magic resistance. Only True Damage is non-mitigatable. And nope, spell check says that's not a word xD

Narvuntien

07-19-2011

So what items for AP TF?

Sheen
sorc shoes
Deathcap
Lichbane
viod staff
defensive

this a good build?

XTreeX

07-19-2011

for items going AP it should be-
boots and 3 hp pots if laning
midding you should go the same or sapphire crystal and hp pot
sorc boots
sheen ASAP
blasting wand
needlessly large rod
upgrade sheen to lich bane
make rabaddons deathcap
if game is not over then it goes situational
need defense? get a banshees
need a bit more power to beat them? get more AP with a Zhonyas or Ryali's.
if game is STILL not over then buy elixirs and wards for a possible game changing teamfight gank.

hope i helped and good luck

ThePwnageRogue

07-19-2011

wow u guys are definitely great thx for the replies