Gangplank Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

07-19-2011

Bump.

Umezete

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazman84 View Post
Had my 1st positive GP PvP game last night 17-14-17. He is a funny champ to get used to because you are always on the melee-range tightrope.

Game was a long one, we had 5 turrets left overall, losing the mid inhib turret and inhib when we won.

One thing that I need to get used to is the lack of a dash. I found myself being unsure of when to engage due to his lack of mobility. In an attempt to counter this I got Boots 3 and Triforce starting with Sheen for the proc and Zeal next for the speed. It was cool for most of the mid-game, however they wised up and I was pretty much stuck only using Parrley to do dmg, granted by this stage I had an IE, TF, Madred's and Atma's so I could pretty much 1/2 shot their squishy's with 1 Parrrley. And poke their Tankier guys to death or submission with it too.

Thing is though, I feel like I should be meleeing alot more because only Parrrley'n at max range is a massive amount of lost dmg if I am not. How should I look at getting in melee range without being blown to bits? Just get tankier? More movespeed through some Phantom Dancers? Or is this just how GP is late game??

If you get the farm for it warmogs both combos with atmas and combine with the cleanse effect on w makes you one of the harder units to kill on your team.

I always go for warmogs late for survivability because you're auto attack being a stacking slow means you should in late team fights look for the chance to march right up and seriously mess up a squishy (preferably their ad carry.)

Jazman84

07-20-2011

Had a really good game on him last night. Pulled 8-0-2 before they surrendered @ 20mins.

Went top with a Maokai v a Rammus and Annie.

Build:
Mana Pot

Longsword -> Tiamat - OMG so awesome for Farm/Harrass IMO. You get great farm and the Harrass comes free! Not to mention it has 50AD and the regen which is nice for lane. I think it is time this item graduates from a 'Troll Item'.

Ionion Boots - I normally get swiftness, however I use Movt. Speed Quints anyway so the faster Parrrley's are nice.

Infinity's Edge, Pretty much... (Had Cloak of Agility and BF Sword, got them in that order. I had the gold and was porting back to buy I.E when they pulled the pin)

Really wish they kept going >.<

LackofCertainty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

Tips to do well with gp.

If Laning:

Rush a sheen. Cannot stress that enough. Ideal ordering for damage with sheen does not matter. Just use your abilities as they come up in a fight (except orange... orange gets saved for when you're stunned/snared) You don't need to use RM before parley. Parley procs and deals sheen bonus damage on its own.

After that your build really doesn't matter. Get an infinity edge to blow people up, get a black cleaver to shred through armor, get a randuin's, or a sunfire if you're worried about survivability. An early Executioner's calling is also solid.

If Jungling:

Start with cloth armor and 5 pots, then congratulate yourself for the easy win.

Jazman84

07-20-2011

You mention Black Cleaver, I would lean more towards Last Whisper personally.